Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Part Fifteen

The morning of the thirtieth of October had arrived, the grass was crisp with s frost which would turn to snow by the end of next month. It was Halloween and though Ellie didn't like to admit it she was glad that she celebrated it like muggle children did when she was younger. Her guardian didn't look upon it as many did, as begging but encouraged her creativity with her outfits and helped her to be comfortable looking stupid as the ability to laugh at oneself in any situation is useful.

The Hogwarts staff had cancelled all lessons for the day following tradition of Halloween and so Ellie and Oli could be found together in the Room of Requirement once more, cut off from the rest of the world. Ellie had promised to teach him to Skateboard and so she was following though on her promise today. They had been working for a few hours and Oliver was slowly realising just how difficult Skateboarding was. The balance involved, the abilty to know exactly where the centre of the board was so you don't inadvertently start turning, and those were just the start of his difficulties. But he was getting there slowly and that was all that mattered.

The pair's friend were wondering where they had disappeared off too without telling them once more and Marie had a feeling that there was something more than friendship between them. She was sitting with Fred and George in the common room, she was completing the homework she was being overwhelmed with, she had already started to revise for her NEWT's, which were taking place next year, but she would rather be over-prepared than under. Fred was covertly watching Marie study while talking to his twin planning their Halloween prank, keeping with their own personal tradition. They had also spoken about the Oliver and Ellie situation and in both of their opinions there seemed to be more between them than either would like to admit.

The day had disappeared quickly, though not quick enough in Oliver's opinion, his body was sweaty and aching in places he had never realised he even owned. He knew he should take a shower before the feast but as the pair were already running slightly late, he just cast some freshening charms and hoped it would be enough to last until he could soak his aching muscles in a nice warm shower. Oliver and Ellie met their friends outside of the great hall before all entering together. The three friends looked at the pairs dishevelled appearance but none of the commented, Fred and George just exchanged smirks and Marie raised her eyebrows but said nothing.

Ellie who had never seen the great hall decorated for Halloween before looked around the hall in awe, Sev had attempted to describe it but it seemed even with his larger than average vocabulary he couldn't do it justice. The Hall was decked to the nines, there were live bats flying throughout the hall. Gargantuan pumpkins sat intermittently on each of the tables stuffed with different types of sweets and, if one looked closely the pumpkin closest to Dumbledore had a selection of Sherbet lemons, which were undoubtedly the headmaster's favourite. The usual cream and white coloured candles were replaced with beautifully carved Jack-o'- lanterns which were all glowing casting their light across the Hall. Ellie had to admit that she now understood why Halloween was the most anticipated holiday at Hogwarts.

Once everyone had stuffed themselves so no one could eat anymore, and many of the students pockets were full of the individually wrapped sweets so they could eat them at a later date, everyone slowly got up to head back to their common rooms. The walk back to the Gyffindor common room took an unexpected twist when everyone stopped walking on the second floor. The scene the crowd came across would be forever stuck in everyone's minds. Mrs, Norris was hanging lifeless as stiff as a board over a puddle of water. Harry Potter and his two friends standing right next to her. There was also writing on the wall, in what appeared to be blood. THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAD BRRN OPENED, ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE. Ellie grabbed hold of Oliver's hand as though he would protect her from anything, she did this without thinking and he moved slightly in front of her to protect her out of reflex. The pair missed the slightly amused looks on their friends face. The group all went back to the common room, Ellie though wasn't a member of Gryffindor was now being given the passwords anyway so took advantage of this.

The room was uncharacteristically silent. The Gryffindors were worried, they didn't know what the chamber of secrets was only that they would be high on the list of victims as no Gryffindor ever gets along with a Slytherin. Ellie not liking the tension stood up and left her friends rapidly following, they had an excuse to be leaving the common room, they wanted to make sure Ellie got back to her room ok. Well that is what they thought they were doing. In reality they were blindly following her until they realised they were being led to the fifth floor. Oliver instantly knew where they were going and couldn't help but smile. He knew that she would find a way to distract them all from what had become a somewhat problematic day.

When the group entered the room, Marie, Fred and George all amazed at the magic of the room. They looked around and noticed a Television and a bookcase full of DVD's, all with the same common theme, Horror. It was Halloween and so Ellie decided that they should watch some good horror movies. What was a better way to celebrate Halloween. The group watch many films before falling asleep before the blank TV screen. The room covered them in some blankets. They were all huddled together as though the closeness of their compatriots would save them if anything happened during the night.

The next morning they were all rudely awoken by each other. George tried to stand up and this resulted in him dislodging Oliver's leg which hit Marie, who sat up which meant Fred's head left her shoulder and hit the floor unceremoniously. The 'ouch' which Fred understandably exclaimed woke Ellie who looked around the room with a confused look on her expressive face.

"What is going on?" everyone looked at each other then burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation. The group then left the room not bothering to tidy up after all the magic of the room would do that for them. En=route to breakfast all they heard spoke about was the incident outside of the second floor girls bathroom which had occurred the night before. The group heard some wild notions that Harry Potter must be behind the attack though only Marie seemed to believe that.

Oliver had more on his mind than usual in the few days that followed. He was tracking down all the members of his Quidditch team during whatever free time he had, even if it meant de-touring via the dungeons to get the defence against the dark arts, with informing them of any last minute tactics he had thought of during the day, or just informing them of the rules again. Fred and George would have laughed at his actions if it wasn't happening to them. Apparently Oliver trusted no-one when it came to Quidditch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello to all!! Would love to hear from you all this chapter is dedicated to JustThinking for being the only one yet again to review!! WOuld leove to hear from everyone. A big thank you for recomending my story!!!