Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Part Sixteen

The night before the Quidditch match, Ellie was sitting on her bed, an amused grin on her face. Oli was pacing up and down her room with nervous energy. Ellie had taken him to her room when he had started annoying his Quidditch team to the point that they looked mutinous. He was determined to win tomorrow even if his team wanted to kill him for it.

"Oli, sit down before you wear a hole in my floor." Ellie said in a no nonsense tone. She then started telling him everything she knew about the Slytherin team and how to beat them, despite them all having better brooms. After Ellie spoke for two hours Oli was looking at her in awe.

"How do you know all this, you have only seen them play once, and that wasn't even a match?" Oliver asked curiosity in his deep voice. Ellie shrugged her shoulders with a sheepish grin on her face.

"I just do" she informed him he looked at her as though he was looking through her, the look on his face was clearly saying that which he wasn't, as if. "Fine, I spent a lot of time playing Quidditch with Dimitri and Viktor." Oli still looked confused so she expanded slightly further. "They play for their National team, in fact they have been named in their world cup team." Ellie stated this like it was normal to know the majority of the world cup team for any country but Oliver was just looking at her with his mouth hanging open. "What?" she inquired.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" he asked looking slightly irritated, though when he remembered what Ellie had said to him the day then pair had played together he felt slightly better.

"Well" Ellie started stalling slightly while thinking of the reason she had done so. "I didn't want people to become my friends" here Ellie inserted air quotes "just because I am friends with famous Quiddicth players." he nodded his head suddenly seeming to understand her feelings on this subject. He could to some extent sympathise what with the feelings about his mum being a professional Quiddtch player. He looked out of the window in thought, a comfortable silence in the room.

"I should go. I have to get up early" Oliver informed Ellie while standing up for the first time in hours. He picked up the pile of parchment that was on Ellie's bed, which she had used to illustrate her tactics. Ellie looked upset but Oli didn't notice as he was already heading towards the door.

"Can you stay?" Ellie asked a look of terror crossed her face when he turned to look at her, she hadn't realised she had spoken that out loud. "I mean Sev patrols the corridor outside of this room and he would give you at least a month's worth of detention if he saw you." She quickly tried to cover up the fact that she wanted him to stay but he said nothing of it he just placed the parchment on her desk and started walking back to her bed. Ellie was slightly relieved, she hadn't slept well since Halloween and she blamed it on the fact she hadn't been sleeping with Oli nearby as often.

"Sure" was all he said clearly not having listened to the explanation that Ellie had offered. He just climbed into her bed, and she followed once she had completed her nightly routine. With that the pair fell into slumber both with a smile upon their respective faces.

Ellie woke up because of a cool patch of bed which was defiantly warm last night. She sat up and looked around the room to find it bereft of Oliver. She sighed and left the warmth that was left in her bed. She looked at where the pile of parchment had been and saw a beautiful Lilly sitting there innocently. Knowing Oliver had left it bought a smile to her face as she rapidly got dressed remembering to wrap up warm as it was November and the wind would slice through many layers of clothing making everyone cold. She looked outside and noticed thunder clouds in the sky, that never boded well when Quidditch was involved. As she left her bedroom she picked up the Lily and placed a preservation charm on it, as she didn't know if Oli had, then walked to the great hall placing the delicate flower behind her ear.

The Great Hall was practically empty and Ellie very quickly cast the tempus charm to see what time it was, though she needn't have bothered, if she had looked slightly closer she would have noticed that all the Quidditch players were seated at the table, sitting in silence wondering exactly what their captains would say if they lost. Ellie left them all alone and sat halfway down the table, eating by herself. Marie and Deniz joined her and they spent the entire meal alone, sitting talking, mainly about the boys.

When eleven o clock arrived the school started leaving the Great Hall to make their way to the Quidditch pitch. The noise in the Great hall vanished and the three went and wished good luck to the team before heading down to find a seat. When the group arrived they had some difficulty getting some good seats, but with some charming of males and elbowing people they were at the front of the stand with a brilliant view. The three were holding hands nervously, they all knew exactly how upset Oli, Fred and George would be if they lost. It was unbearable to think about. Mainly because they knew that they would hardly see them as they would have practically no free time due to Quidditch practice.

As the teams walked on to the pitch the crowds all started cheering loudly, Ellie was slightly worried that the teams would become deaf during the duration of the game. It seemed that three quarters of the crowd wanted Gryffindor to win but when Ellie thought about it she didn't really sympathise, if the Slytherins were slightly nicer to the rest of the school it may have been slightly more even. Just before the match started the captains had to shake hands even from where the girls were they could tell that the hand shake was really both of the captains trying to break the others hand, and the glares they were sharing did not have a sportsman like look in them. The crowd then heard the whistle and the game had begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, would love to hear from all of you, dedicated to JustThinking as she reviewed again!! To warn you I am going on holiday soon so will not have any internet, i will probably be able to put out one more chapter before i go... hopfully!!