Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Before Noon

PART TWO - Before Noon

"Excuse me Miss, but you have to get up" a house-elf named Daisy informed Ellie at a ludicrous hour. The Elf had been attempting to wake her for ten minutes by this point.

"Fine" Ellie said a childish pout on her face. "But Whhhhy?" she whined hoping that the Elf wouldn't know or eventually give up.

"You have to get the train" the Elf replied, Ellie knew she was out gunned, the Elf would have been told by her Grandfather that she had to get up and dressed and if she didn't by herself the Elf was entitled to get her out of bed in any way necessary.

"Great fun" Ellie said sarcastically, she was not happy about doing this, she wanted to spend her last day in Hogwarts castle doing everything she loved, whether it was brewing potions, racing Filch through the school to see who could get to any destination first or pulling some pranks on Minerva with Peeves. "Daisy will you please start calling me Ellie, I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of each other." Ellie guessed that she would see Daisy every morning until she was used to getting up early again. She also knew that in that time the odds were Daisy wouldn't start calling her Ellie, which was a bit of a shame in her eyes.

Ellie then dragged herself out of the warm and comfortable bed, and found something to wear this was a difficult decision as she wanted to look presentable but still be comfortable for the long day she was about to embark on. Eventually she decided on a muggle band t-shirt and a pair of black jeans that clung to her lower legs, she spend five minutes finding her yellow all stars which had some stars drawn on the white toe from when she had finished her written exams for her OWL's and was bored. She found her purple rucksack with black spots and place a cushion and thin blanket within it so she could sleep on the train.

En-route to the Great Hall she dropped into the kitchens and saw all the House Elves running around already cooking for the Welcoming Feast. She interrupted one of the Elves and asked them for some blueberries, strawberries and raspberries for the journey, and a flask of pumpkin juice which re-filled itself so she wouldn't be thirsty. She placed them into her now full bag and went to get her breakfast hoping there was something more interesting than Kippers and toast. When she arrived at the Great Hall she looked at the differences. The house tables had been placed back into the large room and the room seemed even larger than it had before with the small table that they had for when just the staff were there. Ellie walked down the long aisle in between the tables and sat down to each with the Professors. Ellie was also disappointed about the choice of foods on offer there was Kippers and toast. She sighed and decided that this wasn't her day already. She got some toast and was lucky enough to be sitting where the jam was otherwise she would have had to interrupt everyone's breakfast to ask for the jam.

"Good morning everyone." Ellie said to the room, she was clearly not happy to be up this early and sleep could still be heard in her voice.

"Wow somebody managed to get you up before noon." Sev exclaimed shock could be seen on his normally emotionless face. During the time Sev had taken to be sarcastic towards Ellie she had finished what she had chosen to eat for breakfast and her eyes narrowed at him hoping that she it would show her annoyance at his sarcasm.

"Well I would like to leave." Ellie informed him her eyes narrowed at their target. "That way I can once again sleep in peace." When she had finished this request the majority of the table was laughing quietly at Ellie's grumpiness.

"I am amazed that anyone can manage to sleep as much as you do." Albus said. He didn't get a reply as Ellie was still annoyed at him for dismissing her and completely ignoring her arguments the day before. "Severus, maybe you should take her now because otherwise she may fall asleep at the table" Ablus informed him hoping to get any kind of reaction out of his Granddaughter even if it was anger at the moment. However Sev got up from the table and was clearly ready to leave, knowing that Albus had done something to annoy Ellie. He stared walking down the middle of the Great Hall and Ellie followed after picking up her now heavy bag.

When they got outside Ellie began to curse the weather for raining. She normally enjoyed the rain but now she would have to spend the day in damp clothes and that was just uncomfortable. When Ellie could take the silence between them no longer she started a conversation with Sev, knowing he was waiting for her due to her annoyance.

"Did you enjoy your holiday?" Ellie asked him already knowing the answer.

"Yes I did thank you, and I would like to thank you for my birthday party." He said gratefully, that had been one of the highlights of his holiday especially when Ellie managed to get Minerva to dance like a teenager, he could now use that memory for blackmail to get out of something he didn't want to do. A slight smile tugged at the corner of his thin lips, according to the majority of people this never occurred however it happened quite often in the company of Ellie, he feels that he can let his mask down and just be himself. After a few more minutes of silence between them his curiosity got the better of him. "What is in the bag, if you don't mind me asking. All of your belongings are already here and you are apparently not going to be wearing uniform" he inquired. Just as he had finished posing his question they had reached the edge of the Hogwarts grounds which meant we could apparate the rest of the way. "Tell me once we arrive." He decided then continued to the warning. "I know I tell you this every year but please hold tight."

Ellie closed her eyes as she always did and grabbed hold of Sev's arm, a few seconds later she felt the now familiar feeling of being squeezed through a tube and all the air being pulled out of her lungs. When she once again opened her eyes the two of them were standing on a deserted platform. Hanging on a pillar close by was a red sign with the Hogwarts crest at the top and Platform nine and three quarters written underneath. She then turned to face the track and saw a beautifully gleaming scarlet steam engine, with a little steam billowing from the top clearly wanting to be off. Then she remembered the question Sev had asked her before they had left Hogwarts, Ellie then listed everything within her bag for him with a smile on her face understanding that not knowing what was in the bag would annoy him until he knew. He then took something small out of his pocket. Every year he gave her a going away present and this year she hadn't been expecting one as they were going to spend the year together, well in the same building.

"This is a muggle contraption that I have modified to run off magic. It plays music, I don't really understand it but it seems to know what type of music you want to listen to and it will throw in a few of your favourite bands, I think that is because of the magic but I am not sure." Sev stated Ellie had a smile on her face knowing that a lot of thought had gone into this gift, well he puts a lot of thought into any gift that he is going to give. This present had really made Ellie's day she really enjoyed listening to different types of music almost as much as her Grandfather enjoyed sweets, but she could never find anywhere that she could listen to it except the come and go room. This meant that she could now listen to music while doing some of her hobbies or in lessons, which probably wasn't what Sev had intended her to use it for but it would be used for that purpose none the less. She hugged Sev around the waist and he awkwardly patted her on the shoulder as she thanked him. He then apparated back with a quickly said see you later as he had things that needed to be done such as making sure everything was in order before the start of lessons tomorrow.

When Ellie boarded the train she walked to the very back and found an empty compartment, not that that was a surprise considering the time, most people wouldn't start arriving for another hour at the least. She took her cushion and blanket out of her bag and placed them on the bench making it look like a bed. She then threw her bag up to the luggage holder above her head and lay down while placing the ear buds from her new music player into her ears. The music that came on was very calming and it lulled Ellie into a calm state of mind, which resulted in her falling asleep very quickly.

A few hours later Ellie was stirring and she could hear somebody speaking in the compartment she was residing in.

"Do you think she will mind us being here?" a timid feminine voice asked sounding slightly worried about Ellie's reaction.

"No, she won't mind us sitting in here, but" a second person replied they were most likely male according to his voice, here he was interrupted.

"Do you think she would mind us dying her hair pink?" another voice finished off the first's thoughts. The second male sounded almost identical to the first. Ellie was naturally curious and this time was no exception. She rolled over believing herself to be in her warm bed rather than the bench she had fallen asleep on and landed in a heap on the floor, looking up at two males and a female, just as she had ascertained by listening to their conversation.

The two males were identical twins, who had flaming-red hair and an abundance of freckles. Both of them seemed to be above average height and had mischievous grins on their identical faces. The female in the carriage was sitting down already seemingly trying her hardest not to laugh at Ellie, she had blonde hair and hazel eyes. She also seemed to be slightly above average height and had a few piercings in her ears and she was already wearing her school uniform.

"Of course I don't mind you sitting in here" I addressed to the female. "And I would let you dye my hair pink, but it seems I have beaten you to it" Ellie stated showing that in her mass of black hair was a strip of hot pink just behind her bangs, she showed them this with a large smile on her face and the twins smiled dropped from their faces. There was then an awkward silence as the four in the compartment realised that they hadn't introduced themselves to the others. Ellie tried to fill the silence. "So...erm..Hi" she said not quite sure how to act around the assortment of people. Luckly for her the twins started talking.

"Hi, I'm Fred" said one of the twins before getting cut off.

"And I am George, his better looking twin" a smile was on his face as he confirmed that they were in fact twins.

"You wouldn't by any chance be the Weasley twins would you?" Ellie asked them, they nodded and Ellie instantly thought of how much she knew about them considering they had just met. They annoyed most of the teachers and the teachers in turn complained to Ellie about the twin's trouble making skills, it also helped that I had been working in Romania last year with their older brother Charlie. They looked at her suspiciously for a few moments before asking "How do you know us" in unison.

"I am Ellie, Eleanor Strong." Ellie said wondering what the Twins were going to say, when they still looked confused she continued. "I worked with your brother in Romania last year." The look of confusion changed to an enlightened one.

"Well then you are perfectly capable of looking after our dear Marie here," Fred said, or it may have been George Ellie wasn't entirely sure.

"We will see you around" the other twin said and they left the compartment together no doubt concocting more plans for trouble.

"Hello, I'm Marie" the female in the compartment informed Ellie. Her voice was so quiet that Ellie nearly missed it, she seemed to be shy and to keep to herself whenever possible, so Ellie knew that she would in all probability be leading any conversation between the two of them. Not letting a silence befall them again Ellie spoke once more.

"Did you have a nice holiday?" Ellie asked politely hoping to keep conversation going.

"Yes thank you it was nice, we went to France for a little while. How was yours?" Marie asked Ellie trying to sound interested in what a complete stranger had done with her time.

"I didn't go on holiday. I had just got back from Romania so I spent the holiday with my Grandfather." Ellie replied noticing that Marie looked actually interested now.

"Why were you in Romania?" she asked intrigued. The two spent the rest of the train journey talking about the places they had been and things they had done. They discovered that though they were very different in appearance they had a lot of things in common.

Once they had arrived at Hogsmeade station the twins rejoined the pair of girls and the odd group of four made their way to a thestral drawn carriage. Ellie believed she had made at least one friend and two acquaintances so the day had not been as bad as she thought it was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope to get some feedback for this, twice in one day is pretty good :) xx