Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Part Nineteen.

Oliver hadn't yet forgiven Ellie for going missing for an entire day without warning him. It had worried him more than he cared to admit. The group was feeling the slight tension radiating from Oliver but they didn't quite know what they could do about it. Ellie was almost completely oblivious, she knew something had annoyed Oliver though she didn't know what nor did she know how to fix it, so everyone just put up with him being grumpy. The Quiddtich team were all on the receiving end of his temper, which put a few of the other members of the group in a foul mood also.

Lessons had not been very interesting recently. Lockhart was still just as inept, Ellie had taken to completing her homework for Transfiguration during his lessons. It was more productive. It also had the added advantage of him believing that she was completing the work he had asked them to, within the last five minutes of his lesson she would scribble something almost illegible down just to appease his overly large ego.

"Hey, what are you getting Deniz?" Marie asked Ellie, the pair were sitting in the library, which was one of the few places that Marie and Ellie could speak without any interruptions. Neither Fred or George enjoyed sitting in the library and would not be found dead in there if they had anything to say about it. Deniz was currently in a lesson so there was also no chance that she would walk in. Oliver was the only person of the group they needed to worry about and they both knew that if he wasn't in a lesson he would be working on his plans for Quidditch.

"Ermm, I'm not really sure. I think I might get her a necklace. I've seen one that I think she will like." Ellie informed Marie a smile on her face. Marie was clearly looking for ideas. "What are you getting her?" Ellie asked intrigued. She had struggled herself not really knowing Deniz that well.

"Oh, erm I was thinking a bracelet, we could get them together so they can match." Ellie nodded her head and continued with her work, they would have to get permission to go into Hogsmeade after lessons on Friday. Should be easy enough. The difficult part would be finding something that was affordable and matched with each other.

The day of Deniz's birthday dawned, it was cold and wet. Ellie and Marie had gone into Hogsmeade and had managed to find a beautiful necklace and bracelet which were sold separately though were very clearly part of the same set, they had quickly discussed when to give Deniz her presents, and came to the conclusion that they would give her them that evening.

Ellie entered the Great hall a large grin on her face as she shouted Happy birthday to her friend, while jumping up and down excitedly, not caring that the entire hall was giving her funny looks. Ellie grinned it was her friend's birthday she was allowed to make a spectcal, even if the birthday girl had turned bright red in embarrassment and hidden her face in her arms. The sight made Ellie giggle as she skipped towards her friends at the table.

"So what are we doing today?" she asked Deniz excitedly, she had heard that Deniz had a habit of skipping class on her birthday and as Ellie's only lesson of the day was Defence against the Dark arts she couldn't have been more excited. Ellie was sure they would go into Hogsmeade or something.

"We are going to attend all of our lessons" Ellie tuned out at this point, she didn't like the answer she had received, what was the point of being the Birthday Girl if you were going to attend all of your lessons? Not that Ellie ever had any lessons to cut. The rest of the group started cheering and Ellie glanced around surprised, she didn't understand why they were so happy, after all she hadn't been listening. "What?" Ellie asked, after the cheers had bought her back to reality. Every member of the group gave her incredulous looks.

"Seriously? You weren't listening? Even Fred and George know what is going on." Marie stated and started to rant at her friend, ignoring the insulted looks that she got from her boyfriend and his twin. "I really don't understand how you do so well in class you never listen." It was at this point Marie realised she had hurt Fred and gave him a quick peck on the cheek to make him feel better before starting to talk again. Ellie on the other hand ate her breakfast silently nodding every now and again to make Marie believe she was listening.

"Deniz is having a party in the common room later." Oli whispered in her ear while they were walking to their lesson, Marie had spent the entire of breakfast ranting at Ellie and now she was complaining she hadn't had time to eat anything. Ellie grinned at him, then passed Marie a piece of toast she had saved for Marie knowing this would happen.

The day passed by with very little actually occurring. People were still discussing the Heir of Slytherin, many people believed it to be Harry Potter, after all he was found in the scene of the crime. The rumour mill was busy, apparently Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein were saw together with the Patel twins, this instantly went round the whole school as they were now apparently seeing each other. Of course Ellie knew this wasn't true but people were doing their best to forget all about what happened on Halloween. If there was constant talk about it that would be impossible.

By dinner time all the upper years of Gryffindor were talking about was Deniz's Party, and how to empty the common room without annoying the younger years. During their frees some of the Gryffindors had been casting silencing spells, and the room had more space in the middle for dancing as they had moved the comfortable armchairs and sofas to the edge of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
My thanks again to Just Thinking. Sorry to everyone who has been waiting for this chapter but i took part in Nano then halfway through my comp broke. So it had to go and get fixed. But i should have another part out wither later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how i go. Read and Review. Thanks to everyone who subscribed, recommended or reviewed!!!