Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Part Twenty

The group were sitting in the scarlet and gold common room of Gyrffindor. The rest of the house were either already in their rooms as Fred and George had set of dungbombs earlier in the day in there or were working waiting for the party to start. Ellie had opened the windows to let a cold breeze in, mainly to help carry the lingering scent of Dungbombs away, after all who wants a birthday party in a room that doesn't smell pleasant. Sometimes it was useful having havoc wreaking Twins as your friends.

Marie was doing some quick wand work to make the walls reverberate the music on the WWN and Ellie was busy placing fairy lights around the place making the room glow softly. The portrait hole opened and Fred and George, who had made themselves scarce earlier had returned carrying food and what looked like Firewhiskey. Nobody knew how they had done it but that didn't matter, It was there it was going to be drank.

Then people started arriving and the party slowly become more and more hectic. Marie and Fred had stolen into a shadowed corner and were doing who knows what, George was now kissing Deniz, after apparently getting her what she wanted most for her birthday. Ellie wasn't sure what it was but from the look of it Deniz was happy and that was all that mattered today. Oliver and Ellie were sitting on one of the sofa's talking, drinking the spiked punch without thought. The rest of the Gryffindors present were dancing to the tunes on the WWN and were a huge writhing mass. Watching them was hypnotic, an entire room of people moving as one.

Ellie made room for someone to sit down, whoever it was she couldn't distinguish in the light but they were not walking in a straight line and clearly needed something solid under them. Her side was pushed up close against Oliver's and her breathing paused momentarily before finding the rhythm again. Ellie placed her head on Oliver's shoulder and sat there for a few moments taking in the noise and stuffy air about her. "Ellie," here Oliver paused looking about the room again, "these are my people" she lifted her head and looked at him confused, her thin delicately arched eyebrows pulled together slightly. "They help me and support me with Quiddutch." He took another sip of the alcohol laden punch and knew that without it he wouldn't be speaking about this. He looked at her closely for a second then continued, his words slurred slightly. "You, though, you" he shook his head clearly looking for the right word, in the end he shrugged his broad shoulders, "you distract me." he informed her. She nodded her head in acknowleadgment of the statement.

"I'm sorry." She placed her head back on his chest and went back to watching the rhythmic movements her eyelids heavy. "I don't mean to." She told him, closing her eyes wondering if it would be possible to fall asleep with this noise going on around her.

He kissed the top of her head the movement hypnotising him also. "I know." The pair stayed sitting there long after the party had finished. Everyone went to bed leaving the destruction surrounding the pair. By the time the first years woke up the next morning the only indication anything had occurred the night before was the Quidditch captain and the odd girl that hung out with him and his friends lying on a sofa in the middle of the room, a blanket covering the pair of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short, and it is very very very late! But I will be publishing the next chapter tomorrow. Any comments will be appreciated.