Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

PART FIVE-Detention

Ellie stood outside the potions classroom in the dungeons. She was waiting outside to say a quick hello to Sev before he started teaching, the class was filling the room in as she was standing there. Ellie could hear some murmurs either about her and her escapades with Lockheart or people dreading this lesson as Snape was always hard on his students. He stalked up the corridor, robes billowing out behind him, and he wondered why he had been nicknamed the dungeon bat by some of his students. Once he realised that all of his students were safely awaiting the torture he calls lessons, he smiled at Ellie clearly having heard what had occurred earlier in the day.

"I have heard, from a reliable resource, that you have been causing trouble for Lockheart." There was an approving tone in his voice not that this was betrayed on his face. "So were you sent here, or are you here to finish the potion that has been sitting on one of my work benches and finally looks ready to be completed?" there was a knowing look in his eyes and Ellie suddenly felt slightly embarrassed at the gentle teasing that was occurring. Ellie's face went warm and she knew that she was blushing at what had been said.

"The second" Ellie mumbled hoping that Sev didn't hear her, however there is another reason Sev was call the dungeon bat, his hearing was probably better than a Bat's so obviously he heard Ellie. He didn't feel the need to embarrass her any more so simply ignored her statement and started talking about the potion once more.

"It has been brewing well since you last came, I have kept an eye on it and it seems that it is finally ready for you to start the last stage." With that he slammed the door to the classroom open and the room immediately fell silent. Ellie had heard that his classes did this but didn't believe him as she could only see him as an annoying older brother and not the scary image he presented to majority of the world. "Miss Strong will be joining us today class as she has a potion that needs to be finished for me." he informed the class they all looked at me curiously but didn't ask a single question, the image Sev put up didn't project a face that would be pleased answering questions. Ellie observed the room looking for someone that she wouldn't mind sitting with for the lesson, well her detention. She saw Oliver and Marie sitting together on one of the workbenches.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Ellie inquired they both nodded and moved to make a little more room for her. Ellie shot them a grateful smile and went and attempted to collect her cauldron, which was far too heavy for her to carry and as the potion was at such a delicate stage she couldn't use magic to levitate it to her place. Oliver had clearly seen her predicament and carried the heavy cauldron over to the desk, then hurriedly started scrambling for a quill and parchment so he could catch up on his notes.

During the lesson Ellie listened to what Sev was teaching the class and smiled, it was one of the most complicated potions that could be tested on during NEWT's and the fact Sev was teaching this on the first day tickled Ellie's warped sense of humour. Ellie was happily brewing when the bell came for the end of the lesson. She looked up and noticed that the room was emptying rapidly. Marie sent a worried glance to Ellie and then had a very speedy silent conversation with Oliver.

"We will wait for you outside." Marie stated in a no nonsense tone. It was clear that there was no point in arguing with her, she was going to wait for Ellie regardless. The two of them left and Ellie realised that she had finished she just had to wait for it to cool down slightly, before she could place it in some vials. She cleaned up the area that she had been working in thoroughly and saw Sev hovering nearby clearly wanting to say something.

"Sev, the potion is finished, it just needs to be bottled, remember our deal though, I would like a vial if the potion won't kill anyone." Sev nodded his head and picked up the cauldron carrying it without trouble Ellie sighed wishing that she had the strength to do so. Ellie was just about to leave when Sev stopped her.

"Ellie can I have a quick word?" Ellie nodded her head affirming his assumption that she would allow him to talk to her, he would have continued regardless. "If any of your friends are unsure about anything to do with my subject this year would you mind helping them a little, they do not find it easy to ask me questions." Ellie knew that behind Sev's hateful front her wanted all of his students to do well, especially at NEWT level as the students have chosen to take the lesson and they had some skill.

"Of course I will" Ellie replied without hesitation. A smirk graced her face at the thought of Sev taking time to explain things to Gryffindors. "I will talk to you soon."Ellie stated without explaining the smirk to Sev. Ellie gave Sev a quick hug and he left the room with a small smile on his face. Ellie followed after him not even minutes later. Marie looked at Ellie with a calculating look on her face.

"Will you explain the phenomena that I just witnessed for me please, I think I was dreaming." Marie said seriously. Ellie just shook her head not wanting to explain why Sev would smile after being in her presence. Ellie knew that she would have to explain everything to them at some point but she didn't want to do so now.

"I will explain everything at some point Marie." Ellie informed her. Oliver cleared his throat pointedly "to both of you" Ellie quickly corrected. "But I'm not ready yet." She explained. She had only known them a day, if they were still friends in a few weeks then she would. But she didn't want to spill everything to them and them to stop spending time with her as she was no longer a mystery.