Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

6B -secrets letters and a broken heart - part two

Hello Ellie.
How are you finding Hogwarts? Before you ask me how I know your Grandfather told me. I am really missing you, you’re a lot of fun to have around and I especially miss your burn salves they really came in handy as do your potions for those stubborn burns.
At this Ellie smiled, she knew what she could get Charlie for Christmas, he is she decided very difficult to shop for, after all what do you get for a man whose job it is to study Dragons? Well except things for burns.
I hope my brothers have not made too much havoc yet, mum will kill them by Christmas otherwise. I hope to see you around Christmas or at least your birthday, but they may as well be the same day anyway.I should go and get some sleep, I have to be up early tomorrow.
Write soon
Charlie

Ellie laughed at the end of the letter, Charlie always had to get up early. In fact he had to get up so early that he never seemed to get enough sleep even when he went to bed early. Maybe not living on a Dragon Reserve had its up-side. She looked once more at the pile of parchment and sighed, there were so many different letters to read, and reply to. There was no way she would fall asleep tonight no matter how much she tried so she knew she would get through them all. Eventually.

Ellie,
How are you? Everyone is missing you a lot, especially Dimitri! I heard that you are attending Hogwarts this year, I have always wanted to visit there, hopefully one day I will be able to. I hope to see you on your birthday but if you do not come I will understand.
My parents send their greetings.
Viktor.

As Ellie read this the bad feeling she had developed earlier came back at full force, and then some. But Ellie naturally thought she was just anticipating Dimitri’s letter. Ellie looked up and once again noticed that Oli’s owl had returned, and it was looking more annoyed than before.

Ellie,
If you had known that would happen then you should not have told us. You are right, only you can call me Oli, the Quiddtich team, and majority of my house call me Wood, my close friends and family call me Oliver, so that leaves you. Thirteen letters? Who are you writing to exactly?
Write back
Oli xx

For a moment Ellie was upset that she wasn’t included in Oli’s close friends but when she thought about it they were not extremely close. She noticed that he wanted her to write back to him once more and so she found a owl treat for his owl to try and sweeten it up slightly.

Oli,
I write to all my friends that I made on my travels and my boyfriend Dimitri. Nobody really knos about him so please don’t mention him or Marie will be wondering why I didn’t tell her. Anyway I should let you do your homework! Also it wil allow your owl to complete whatever is making it so mad. Don’t stay up too late, or you won’t have any concentration. Sure its a Friday but you still need as much attention as possible.
Ellie xx

Once Ellie had sent the somewhat placated owl back to its owner her attention went to the five other letters from the Bulgarian Quidditch team. Once she had read all but Dimitri’s she was really nervous. They all had the same theme running through them, everybody wanted to see her on her birthday, but it seemed nobody actually expected her to go. The bad feeling she had earlier was going off like an alarm in her head. She picked up the parchment and it took her a few moments to stop shaking enough so she could read it.

My dearest Elanor,
I hope you are well and enjoying your time at Hogwarts. I am sorry but I have some bad news for you and the only form of communication I have with you is writing but this cannot wait, you will not like the news you are about to receive I certainly didn’t. I am truly sorry but we have to terminate our current relationship. We can still be friends if that is what you wish and know I will always think fondly of our time together .My parents have finally agreed to a suitor for me and we are to be married as soon as possible, but long enough away to not cause a scandal typically. Our approaching matrimony effectively and terminally ends my relationship with you.
I know we were not the closest of couples but I always enjoyed spending whatever time we could together. If I had known our last kiss would be our last then I would not have stopped. I never told you to your face but I did love you, and want to thank you for giving me the time to know love before a marriage was arranged for me. I will never forget what we had.
I hope you will one day forgive me and I am truly sorry for breaking your heart. I know mine is broken. You are of course invited to the wedding, I don’t think I would be able to go through with it without you there. Of course I understand if you don’t want to attend. The preliminary date is on your birthday, I will send you an official invite in a few weeks time.
I am truly sorry.
Still yours
Dimitri.

Once Ellie had finished reading there were tears running rapidly down her cheeks, and she was having trouble pulling in breaths. She felt lonely all of a sudden and knew she had to get out of her room, she didn’t want to be alone right now. She grabbed the closest hoodie she could find and left her room with no specific destination in mind. She didn’t care if she was caught. At least that way she would no longer feel the horror of being alone. After ten minutes of wondering she found herself in front of the Fat Lady, and realised that this was exactly where she wanted to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read and Review, let me know what you think!!