Come Save Me From Walking Off A Windowsill

Always Searching

She was gone. That was all Brendon could think repetitively in his mind since he found out that Remy was no longer in the room. All that was left were scattered clothes and a folded piece of paper that had "Brendon" on it. He couldn't give himself the courage to read what was inside of the note.

*She's gone...and it's all my fault.*

He heard footsteps coming closer and people talking loudly. His bedroom door was kicked open and standing in the doorway was a thin, tall woman with blonde hair. She stalked over to where Brendon was sitting and slapped him across the face. Brendon raised his hand and placed it right over his stinging cheek, looking at the angry woman. Ryan was now in the doorway, unsuccessful at controlling his girlfriend.

"Keltie! Come on, leave him alone."

"No, he needs to snap out of this, it's been 5 days Ryan! He can't just sulk around and fuck it stinks in here. When was the last time you showered Brendon?"

Brendon stayed silent, no emotion played on his face. Ryan sighed.

"He hasn't moved from that spot since we found out she was gone...and that note."

Keltie glanced back down at Brendon and saw that in his hands was apiece of paper, crumpled from Brendon's tight grip. She shook her head pitifully, her anger was now slowly fading away. She sat beside him on the bed and softly talked to him.

"Brendon, sweetie, you need to get out of this room. Moping won't bring her back."

To Keltie and Ryan's surprise Brendon suddenly got up and walked out of the room not saying a word. The note still in his grasp, he walked down the stairs and ignored Spencer and Jon who were asking him if he was okay. All he can think about was Remy and how he wished that he could make her laugh, like that time in the mall. He grabbed the keys to the newly repaired car and stormed out of the house. Brendon didn't pay attention to the protests and yelling behind him from his friends and got into the driver's seat. Putting the car into reverse he drove out of the driveway before Ryan or any of them could stop him.

Keltie was right. Making himself feel like shit won't bring Remy back. He is going to find her...no matter what.

***

Remy sat on the bench and rubbed her eyes, waiting for a bus to come. She would have left Las Vegas days ago but she didn't have enough money to get a ride. And hitch hiking would be a bad idea, especially with her luck the driver would be some sort of child molester. She closed her eyes and zoned everything out as she listened to music.

Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen.
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene.

It was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heartache to sing.
It was a lie when they smiled
And said, "you won't feel a thing"
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard it would sting...


"You have a beautiful voice," Remy jumped slightly, not knowing that someone was listening to her sing.

"I'm sorry did i startle you?"

She looked up and saw a pair of familiar green eyes and toothy smile. Remy blinked.

"Jake? What are you doing here?"

"Isn't that what I should be asking you?" he responded with a raised eyebrow.

"So why are you sitting here in the cold all alone?" Remy hesitated, not sure if she could trust him.

"I-I sort of got into a fight with Brendon. After the argument I couldn't stand seeing him because I knew he was right so...I ran away."

Everything seemed to dim as the clouds covered the sun, making it even colder than it already was.

"Running away doesn't make the problem go away, it actually makes things worse or will eventually come back to you."

*Especially when it is my past.*

Remy thinks bitterly. Even after running away from her father he still comes back and so do haunting memories of what he had put her through.

"It's like a bandage, its better to get it over with than peeling off slowly, that's what I always say," Jake grinned at Remy and she returned it.

Jake then sat down next to her on the bench. There was silence but it wasn't awkward...it was peaceful and calming. The wind blew Remy's hair into her face but before she could push it back on her own Jake moved closer. She flinched at his sudden movement but then relaxed as he put the strands of hair behind her ear. His face moved closer to hers, close enough that he could feel his steady breathing. Before his lips met hers a car passed by and drove right into a giant puddle, splashing both her and Jake. Remy squeals and jumps up from the bench, trying to get away from the puddle incase another car would drive by into it.

Jake started to laugh and Remy soon joined him. He then put his arms around her. Remy became tense at first but eventually loosened up and put her arm around his waist. She hadn't felt this comfortable since Brendon had hugged her at the hospital. Remy shook Brendon's face out of her head, still angry with him but felt guilty for just leaving after what he and his friends did for her.

*All he wanted to do was help. He didn't know that bringing it up would hurt me...*

After thinking things thoroughly she looked up to Jake.

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything but I think I'm going to go, I feel a lot better now."

"Where you going?"

Remy gave him a genuine smile.

"Home."

***

He had looked everywhere. Hope started to slip away as it got darker and he still couldn't find Remy. Brendon didn't know why but he couldn't let her go. Something about her drew him. After hours of searching Brendon felt like giving up, she could be out of the country if all he knew. Out of frustration he slammed his hand on the wheel causing him to honk the car, scaring a couple of people passing by. He ignored the strange stares the people gave him.

Brendon then heard his phone ring, ID saying "Ryan." He groaned as he answered his phone.

"What do you want Ryan, I'm coming back until I find her..."

Brendon's eyes grow wide and before Ryan could finish telling him he threw the phone into the seat beside him and quickly drove back to the house.

After what seemed like eternity he finally made it to the house and ran out of the car, almost falling onto the pavement as he sprinted to the door. When he got inside he felt his heart skip a beat. In the living room was Remy talking to Jon and Spencer. She stopped and turned to face Brendon who was now slightly nervous, not sure if she was still angry at it.

"Hey Brendon..."

Brendon was about to run over to her and embrace her but stopped when he saw an arm wrapped around her waist. To her side was a boy not to much younger than him and he had a smug look on his face, which no one else seemed to notice

"You, uh, remember Jake right...from the mall?"

"Y-yeah," Brendon stuttered.

Jake gave Brendon a smile, but he knew it was completely fake.

"Nice to see you again."

Jake stuck his hand out and Brendon took it. As they shook hands Brendon winced as Jake practically crushed his hand in his with his. He quickly took it back and forced himself not to glare at him. Remy went back into the conversation with Jon not noticing the tension between the to men. As if nothing happened, Jake put his arms around Remy and kissed the top of her head, jealousy filled Brendon.

Something about Jake didn't seem right...and this time Brendon wasn't ignoring these feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it =]

Comment if you like the story and want me to continue...I would like some feedback =]