Come Save Me From Walking Off A Windowsill

Last Thing Expected To Be True

Brendon watched in agony as Remy kissed Jake on the cheek as he left the house. He hated to admit it but he was jealous of Jake. He was able to make Remy smile and made her happy, all Brendon did was hurt her. After saying her goodbyes, Remy happily walked to the couch and sat down, exhausted. Brendon and Remy made eye contact for a second but they both quickly turned away, not sure what to say. Ryan coughed and gave looks to Spencer and Jon.

"Oh, uh I think I heard my phone ring, it might be Keltie," Ryan then sprinted out of the room.

Jon smack himself on the head and Spencer tried to hold in his laughter. Remy raised an eyebrow as Jon and Spencer followed Ryan into the kitchen...even though his phone was right on the table in front of Remy.

"Smooth..." say Remy.

Brendon snorted and nodded in agreement. As much he loved Ryan he was an idiot.

"That wasn't obvious at all."

The both laughed nervously. Remy grabbed her water bottle and pretty much drank the entire bottle in one gulp. A nervous habit. Brendon was the first to break the awkward silence.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what I said earlier and I didn't know about...him," Remy's face darkened at the mention of her father.

"It's not your fault...and besides I guess it was about time I told somebody instead of keeping it all inside," Remy gives Brendon a sheepish smile.

"If you need to talk about anything, you can always tell me. I'm here for you, so is Ryan, Spencer, and Jon...we all care about you."

Remy's eyes watered from happiness. No one had ever told her that and actually meant it, except for her mother and sister, Katie. She got up from the couch and threw her arms around a surprised Brendon. Brendon smiled and wrapped his arms around Remy. Brendon's stomach fluttered as he felt her body against his...she was so small and Brendon felt as if he hugged her to tight she light break. What he didn't know was that he wasn't the only one feeling that way. Remy didn't know why but her heart started to beat faster and felt slightly light headed. Brendon had a unique smell to him and she liked it. Remy finally let go to Brendon's disappointment.

"You guys can come out now you know," Remy yelled.

They both heard a crash coming from a kitchen and multiple profanities, making her giggle. For once in years she had finally felt at peace and at home. They were family now.

***

"Up and at 'em sunshine!" yelled Brendon, causing Remy to fall of her bed with a scream.

Blowing her tangled hair out of her eyes she glared a smiling Brendon who was now where she was.

"Brendon..." Remy growled.

She did not like being waked up when it was 6:30 in morning, especially when she didn't have to go to school. She grabbed the pillow that she fell with and chucked it at Brendon...hard. It hit him square in the face making him fall backwards onto the floor. Smiling with satisfaction and Remy got up from the floor and stretched out her limbs. Who knew years of lacrosse would be useful?

Ignoring a pouting Brendon she went to the bathroom to take a shower. She took of her shirt and pants leaving her in a bra and underwear. she looked at herself in the mirror and winced. Looking back at her was a girl covered in bruises and scars from head to toe. Her fingers traced the longest scar that ran across her abdomen which was from her car accident which took her mother away. It was a painful reminder of that night and it would go away. With a sigh she took off the remainder of her clothes and went into the shower, the hot water washing away all her worries.

Once she finished drying off with a towel Remy redressed and she walked down tot he kitchen, he smell of pancakes and waffles filled the air making her mouth water. Before she could even make it to the food Remy was tackled by a tall skinny figure.

"Ryan can you please get off of me unless you want me to starve to death"

Remy felt Ryan's weight, which wasn't much in the first place, lift from her back but as she was about to get up she felt a pair of arms pick her up. Remy squealed in shock as Spencer carried her into the kitchen.

"Let me down!" she whined.

He eventually put her down next to the table as Jon put a plate piled with various pancakes and waffles on the table. Remy felt herself starting to drool from looking at the food before her.

"Jon, you have no idea how much i love you right now," Jon laughed as Remy stabbed her fork into one of the pancakes and put it on her plate.

Brendon entered the room and took the seat next to Remy, watching her eat. He felt relieved as she went for seconds. It scared Brendon how skinny and frail she was, as if a single touch could break her into two. Today he and the rest of the band had to go back to recording. Pete understood the situation letting them take a couple more days off but yesterday was the limit. Especially after scraping an entire album they had to get back to work.

"Remy, me and the guys have to go to work today and...we want you to come with us."

He and Ryan had already asked Pete if they could bring her, not wanting to leave Remy all alone in the house. Afraid that somehow he would show up. Pete said it would be okay just as long as they got recording done.

"I'd love to! But...I don't want to be a burden," Remy said unsure.

Spencer shook his head.

"No, we wan you to come with us. Besides our boss said it was okay and we sort of have a surprise for you."

"Ooh! What is it!" she cried practically bouncing up and down.

"Well, then it wouldn't be called a surprise now wouldn't it?" Jon said with a laugh.

Remy did her infamous pout but this time it had no affect on the guys to her disappointment. She never really liked surprises...mostly because she was very impatient. After Remy and the others all ate their breakfast they got into the car and drove away from the house.

Remy had no idea where they were going or what their jobs were in the first place. All she knew was that they worked together and that was why they also lived together under one roof. After half an hour they had finally stopped in a parking lot.

Remy followed the group inside the building and when she got inside her eyes grew wide. In front of her were various instruments...it was a recording studio.

"Guys...what you do exactly?"

"We're in a band," Remy's jaw dropped as a short man in his twenties enter the room. He had black hair and tattoos on his arms.

"Hey guys! Long time no see...and you must be Remy," the man gave her a big friendly smile but even though he wasn't big, he was intimidating.

Remy shrunk behind Brendon, holding onto his shirt like a scared child. Brendon took her hand and squeezed it to comfort her, knowing she has trouble trusting people especially men.

"Remy, this is Pete Wentz, he's the one that discovered us."

"Nice to meet you." she said timidly shaking Pete's hand.

Remy was then introduced to Patrick, Joe, and Andy who were members of Pete's own band called Fall Out Boy. She had heard of them but never actually took the time to listen to their songs. The blonde bimbos at her high school always talked about them and fought over who was hotter...Pete or Patrick. It annoyed Remy how they they didn't care about the actual music even though she didn't listen to them.

Remy sat patiently on the couch as she watched Pete talk to Brendon, Ryan, Jon, and Spencer. She should have known that they were musicians especially after seeing all those instruments in their room the first day arrived there. Brendon went into one of those recording booths and put on a pair of headphones. She saw Patrick approach her.

"Hey, do want to listen to the guys record some new songs?"

Remy's face brightened and she nodded in excitement making him laugh at her enthusiasm. She had learned that Brendon was the lead vocalist of the band and she never heard him sing before. Remy followed Patrick to where Pete was and he motioned her to sit next to him in front of the booth. Brendon waved through the window and said something but she didn't hear anything due to the fact the glass was soundproof. Pete then pressed a red button that said "Auto" and spoke into the microphone.

"You ready Brendon?" he nodded and Pete signaled him as he started the music.

She was given a pair of headphones by Pete. As she put them on she heard Brendon singing.

Things are shaping up to be pretty odd.
Little deaths in musical beds.
So it seems I’m someone I’ve never met.

You will only hear these elegant crimes,
Fall on your ears from criminal dimes.
They spill unfound from a pretty mouth.

Everybody gets there and everybody gets their way.
I never said I missed her when everybody kissed her,
Now I’m the only one to blame...


Remy was in amazed. His voice was breathtaking and it entranced her...but it sounded incredibly familiar.

"Um...Patrick what is their band's name?"

Patrick looked at her confused.

"What, they didn't tell you?" Remy shook her head.

"It's Panic at the Disco. You might have heard of them, they got pretty big," he said proudly.

Her eyes grew into the size of saucers. She didn't think that the people who took her in could have been her idols. That was the last thing she would expect to happen.

*Oh I've heard of them alright.*
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you liked it >.<
Update will be this weekend hopefully if not well it's cause I'm been swamped with hw, review for finals and regents prep X_X
And I'm really pissed at my school because i got 2 fucking regents on the SAME day (Spanish and Science) ARG! *finishes rant*

Comments if you want me to continue or like the story ^.^