Come Save Me From Walking Off A Windowsill

Temporary Home

Brendon watched the police man ask her questions as he told the officer before him what the man looked like. Turns out the man had stolen one of the vehicles in the parking lot by taking the keys from a poor elderly woman who was about to go into her car. The police are searching the area but there has been no leads so far. The officer thanked Brendon and he then approached the girl who was holding her legs against her chest. She probably didn't notice him get closer because when she turned to face his direction she flinched and hugged her legs even tighter. Brendon gave her a reassuring smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I was wondering what your name was...I didn't catch it before."

The girl eyed Brendon warily but something about him made her feel safe and that she wasn't being judged.

"It's Remy."

There was an awkward silence. She then suddenly got up from the bed and started to walk out of the room.

"Hey, where the hell do you think you're going? You just got hit by a car and almost strangled to death! Doesn't that faze you a bit?"

Brendon was now getting frustrated, not at the girl, but because he didn't understand her. He went to grab her arm but Remy quickly smacked it away from her.

"Don't touch me!"

Remy glared at Brendon, confused why this man even cared about her. She didn't need his help...or anyone else's for that matter. All she wanted was to be left alone.

A man in a police uniform then came into the room. Remy felt intimidated by the man when he came close to her and hid behind Brendon. The man chuckled but then his face became serious.

"I'm sorry to inform you that we haven't caught the man that had attacked you. We have people searching for him so you don't have to worry. But just to ensure your safety we recommend you stay with someone else till he is caught."

Before Remy could protest and tell the officer she would be fine Brendon interjected.

"She could stay with me."

"W-wait a minute...I don't..."

The officer nodded.

"That would be best. Once in awhile we will send patrol to make sure you two are safe."

Remy's eyes grew wide in horror as the decision was made. Ever since she left her so called home nothing has been going as she had planned. Not only did her father find her, she is now forced to stay with some stranger for who knows how long. Once the police man left the room Remy faced a smiling Brendon, obviously furious about the arrangement .

"What's wrong with you! I can take care of myself...I'm 17 for crying out loud!"

"The doctors still want to keep you overnight so I'll pick you up tomorrow," he said ignoring Remy's outburst.

"B-but..."

Without another word he walked out of the room leaving a flabbergasted Remy behind. But he then stopped to talk to the guard outside. She saw him say something to the security guard through the glass window and left. Once he was nowhere to be seen she looked through the window to see if anyone else was there and quietly went to the door. When she reached for the doorknob and twisted it, the door wouldn't open.

"Damnit!" she cried letting out all her frustration on the locked door.

She could see the smirk on Brendon's face in her mind. He must have told the guard to lock it since he knew Remy would have tried to escape.

*Great, now what am I supposed to do?*

Remy sighed and grabbed he bag from the corner of the small room. She then took out her iPod and laid down on the bed. Closing her eyes she put on a song, hoping it would bring sleep.

the paths have been crossed
the crumbs are gone and the way
and the way is lost
melancholy phantoms eye our skins
poisoned apples falling with the wind
hear the sigh of the trees
those who enter here never leave

and the rangers stream
out of their cabins
they are the hunters,
we are the rabbits
but maybe we don’t want to be found
maybe we don’t want to be found...


Before the song even ended Remy fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

***

Next Day

"Alright sleeping beauty, time to go."

Remy groaned as the bright light burned her eyes. She then saw a grinning Brendon who had just lifted the blind, letting in the sunlight.

"It's to early," Remy complained.

"Uh, Remy, it's one in the afternoon."

"Like I said before, it's to early. Let me sleep for like 10 more minutes."

Brendon rolls his eyes at Remy as she closes her eyes once more but they weren't closed for long when he pulled the blanket off of her.

"Shit it's cold!"

"Now get up!" Remy glares at Brendon who for some reason has a goofy look on his face.

As she muttered multiple profanities under her breath Brendon whistled cheerfully outside while Remy changed into her normal clothes. Once she was done Remy grabbed her single strapped bag and flung over her shoulder. Brendon had already handled the discharge papers so all they had to do was leave. The entire time they walked to the parking lot and to his car Brendon would look at her from the side just to make sure she wouldn't make a run for it.

Once they got to his car, well, rented car, Remy saw an unfamiliar man in the driver's seat. He had short brown hair and facial hair along his jaw but was also attractive. The man smiled and Remy shyly waved back. Brendon opened the back seat door for Remy before going to the front of the car.

"This is Jon by the way and that's Remy," Jon gave Remy a friendly smile, noticing her uncomfortableness.

"Hey, sorry about the other night. If it makes you feel any better Brendon is suspended from driving from now on."

Remy giggles as Brendon pouted at Jon's comment, feeling slightly better about the situation. Glad that the awkwardness had lessened, Jon pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, driving away from the hospital. In the car was complete silence, besides the random whistling by Brendon. Jon reached over to the stereo and turned on the radio just as a song ended. Remy then heard a familiar voice play making her smile.

The I.V. and your hospital bed 

This was no accident 

This was a therapeutic chain of events

This is the scent of dead skin on a linoleum floor 

This is the scent of quarantine wings in a hospital 

It's not so pleasant

And it's not so conventional
It sure as hell ain't normal 

But we deal, we deal


Remy happily hummed along to the song not noticing the looks Brendon and Jon gave each other.

"So, uh, Remy, you know this song?" Brendon mentally slapped himself for asking that. She obviously knows it since she sang along with it.

"Yeah, I love this band. the lead singer has an amazing voice and the lyrics are incredible."

Brendon turned turned his head away hoping to hide the pink rising in his face while Jon smirked at his embarrassed friend.

Remy continued to look out the window of the car and watched all the other cars and trees pass by. She had always wanted to go to concerts but she didn't have enough money. Even if she did her father wouldn't have let her or just beat her for no apparent reason. At her old school many of the preppy girls obsessed over some of the bands because they only thought the singer or other band members were hot, which annoyed the hell out of Remy. After that Remy had refused to see what any of her favorite bands looked like, believing it should be about the music, not what they look like.

She soon snapped out of daydreaming when she realized that they had pulled up into driveway.

"We're here," Jon says to Remy.

She stepped out of the car and sighed, staring at her temporary new home.

*Here goes nothing*
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this chapter didn't suck lol
I actually planned out the entire story so I don't think updating will take to long. If it does it's because of school =P
If you want me to continue writing this story then comment =]