Status: I don't even know, it's pretty crap. xo

You're still on my string..

Les One Shot.

How would you react if I told you I love you?

*

“Hey, it’s kinda quiet right now. Want me to put my ipod on?”
I snapped out of my daydream to look up at this perfect boy in front of me. My best friend for 9 years; and my secret love for equally as long. He was staring at me, ipod clutched in his hands, as though no matter what my answer was, he’d still subject me to his blaring bullshit.
“Yeah, but not Kid Cudi again dude, your obsession with him has gotten beyond creepy now..” I laughed when he pulled a face that seemed to object.
“But he’s like, crack god! And how am I meant to bust my fly ass moves to like, ABBA?!” He started twirling around, arms in the air.
“Cut it out, and just put something decent on.” I chucked the nearest object I could grab at him, which just so happened to be my shoe.
“Don’t throw shit at me you litt- WAIT, I have a song..I’m sorry man, it’s Kid Cudi, but remember we’re in my house. My rules, my music, my sex shack.” He winked at me and scrolled through his massive list of stupid music which would irritate me endlessly. Since Jack didn’t just play a song once and let his ipod go on to the rest of the album, oh no, when Jack was obsessed with a song he’d have it on repeat for at least 6 hours straight.
Today that song just happened to be Kid Cudi. And trust me, my god I hate Kid Cudi. It’s cute when Jack raps along though. Yeah, I hate Kid Cudi.
“Right fine, I’ll listen to your fucking song; just promise me you will never ever say sex shack again.”
“Deal.”
And with that, this annoying as shit beat started playing from his ipod, I think my ears started to bleed..
“Dude, what the fuck? Is this what they play in Guantanamo Bay?!” I cringed as the rapping began and ducked under his blanket to shield my poor ears from the horrifying music.
“Shut up, this is the shit, man,” I heard some movement, and peeked out from underneath my den to see Jack with his shirt off, spinning it above his head and thrusting maybe a bit too enthusiastically to the beat.
“You can look all over, but nope, you’ll never find hot shit like mine. WOOP, it blow yo’ mind!!!” And with that, he started spinning in circles and singing even louder.
I couldn’t help the laughter that escaped my mouth when I caught sight of him. He truly did look ridiculous, but he looked so happy. It was cute. He looked retarded.
“Come on darling Lexy-poo, dance with me!” He shouted as he reached out for me, mid-spin.
“I think I’ll pass, darling Jackie-poo.” I retorted and squirmed further into the blanket, retreating from his thrusting figure.
He looked at me, shrugged, then started shaking his whole body and started shouting,
“Yeah cause Im super-cut-lery-alistic-leaner-ala-docis, and rap ferocious, I been coaching the league!”
I laughed again at how stupid he sounded, and how utterly atrocious his singing was. We’d always been like this though, and we always would be. Even though I’m in love with him, that doesn’t change how brotherly we’d act. Or how cute we would be sometimes, cause sometimes, he’d act as though he’d maybe like me too.
He snapped me out of that train of thought by shouting,
“You’re tapping your foot! Aha! I knew I’d get you to dance, now come on!” Jack jumped over to me and grabbed my hands, pulling me up from my shelter. The blanket fell to floor, and before I knew it, I was being hoisted up and spun about.
“For fuck sake, put me down!” I gasped, I had no idea he was strong enough to support me. The lanky fucker can barely carry grocery bags.
I opened my eyes, which I didn’t notice were squeezed shut, and looked at him. He was already staring at me, and I was lost in a sea of brown.
“I refuse to put you down until you admit my music taste is awesome.” He smirked at me, and grabbed my butt, making me suck in a breath.
“Bu-but, no! Your music taste sucks!” I shouted at him, too stubborn to let him win.
“Then I guess I’m gonna be carrying your ugly ass around for a while then. Not that I mind, your butt’s pretty amazing babe.” He winked at me and suddenly hoisted me up higher, so I was practically on his hip.
“Mr. Tooshie is not a thing to be joked about, bitch!” I put my hand on my chest in mock horror.
“I didn’t mock Mr. Tooshie. Me and him are excellent friends, we make out when you’re not looking.” He mimicked me in my horror, and proceeded to slap my ass, making all heat rush to my face.
“Hn,” I mumbled, afraid in case my voice would give away my feelings, in case my bright red beaming face wasn’t.
“Fancy changing the song and putting me down? We’ve been standing here like cabbages for a while now, and the fucking song’s repeated.” I said, trying to take away any attention from my face.
“Nah, I like it here. But for your benefit, I will change the song,” He said, smiling, while he reached for the ipod.
“Oh, and your face is all red. Don’t think I didn’t notice.” He winked at me and I felt my face heat up even more.
A different tune suddenly flooded the room, it was a song I recognised, but couldn’t remember the name of. Probably due to the fact that Jack was now staring at me, and my brain always goes fuzzy when Jack stares at me.
“You know the words, now sing to me.” He said quietly, while adjusting my weight on him.
“I..wait, this is Lydia!” It dawned on me what song it was, we used to listen to it all the time, and Jack said it’d be his love song forever.
Love song.
“Yeah, now sing to me..” It was funny how a minute ago, he was all joking and now I’m being asked to sing to him. But he was always like that, he could be all happy and jumping about, then he’d want to have a life chat about anything and everything.
So, I sucked in some oxygen and started,
“Baby, just ask once more, ‘cause I saw your door wide open, the floor’s still freezing.” I dared to look at him, and saw his gaze steadily trained on my face.
“Oh, Hayley I was sick, and I’m still quite unwell. Oh, tell me it’s you, or nothing at all.” We were still watching each other, and I’d swear his glance flickered to my mouth, and he moved closer.
“’Cause I stole your soul, you said I’d never be able, but oh, the whole world is still on my string..”
I had closed my eyes again, and I felt something bump my nose. I opened my eyes to see his face right against mine. Our foreheads now resting together, and him swaying us ever so slightly.
I’d stopped singing, too caught up in our movements, the closeness of our bodies, our gazes still locked on one another.
And I don’t know if luck loved me or it was just something impulsive, but his eyes flickered down again, and I took this as a chance.
So slowly, I wasn’t even sure if I was moving, I got closer until our lips were almost brushing. I paused, unsure as to what would happen; but before I could even register my own thoughts, he closed the remaining inch of a gap between us.
I shut my eyes and relished in every second of contact. It may have lasted a second, or maybe a minute, but it ended as soon as it happened.
My brain finally started to operate, just as the final words of the song played, and he spoke them to me, nearly too quietly for me to hear,
“Yeah, you’re still on my string..”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments & feedback would be grand.
I wanna know if I should actually continue writing, and how I can like..get better for all you little hustlers.
Thanks xo