Status: Being Worked On

The Keeper's Flame

Part 1 - Chapter 1

The man looked over his classroom, scanning his students, before his gaze landed on a girl. “Kat” he quickly said to the girl, making her look at him as she pushed back her light brown wavy locks behind her ear, shaping her elegant features and hazel colored eyes that seemed to sparkle like diamonds.

“Yes” she responded gently

“Ms. Hunter…have you been pay attention to what I’ve been talking about?” the middle aged teacher asked as he put his dry chalk covered hands behind his back.

“Of Course” she said nodding her head

“Then why is it you seem to be drifting off into another world…do yourself a favor and keep you head in Nova or more specifically keep your head in Omega!” he snapped

“But Mr. Futterman…I was paying attention I just…wasn’t looking in your direction” she said

“Excuse me?” he responded. Kat, seemed to shrink under his hard gaze and just shook her head.

“Nothing…never mind” she said

“Oh good…I thought I heard you say something” he said sarcastically before turning back around and continuing his lecture.

Truth be told, Kat Hunter was a gentle and soft person. Mr. Futterman took full advantage of that, and personally she thought he picked on her because he was her mother’s ex-boyfriend. Yes, she had heard every word Mr. Futterman said, but she was looking outside the window trying to keep her sites on something more attractive than the sour teacher that stood before her. She sighed as she wrote into her notebook and then looked at the pocket watch attached to her skirt seeing it was almost time for the period to end. She smiled happily to herself, knowing exactly where she intended on running too as soon as the class was over.

“Only 10 more minutes” she said lowly to herself happily and lifted her head focusing on the teacher, knowing that her suffering would end soon.
As soon as the class ended she quickly grabbed her bag leaving the classroom, and out the front doors.

She walked along the cobble stone sidewalk, her hands behind her back as she walked toward the large circus like tent in the distance. She looked over the city she lived in, seeing giant cogs controlling the mechanics of the large clock tower. Omega was practically painted in different metals. She smiled as a dark red and gold car pulled up next to her, making her stop in her steps. The door opened and a women came out, in her dark red dress, holding her black clutch with it.

“Kat. Your father and I told you we were going to be picking you up today sweetheart. Where are you running off to?” she laughed “sorry mom” Kat smiled softly. The women smiled back at her fixing her corset before looking in the direction Kat had been walking in.

“That explains it. Come…we’ll drop you off” she said as she stepped back into the car. Kat stepped in as well seeing her father looking at a paper he held and as always was dressed in his best suite, the glint of the copper family crest glinting into her eye.

“Hi dad” she said kissing his cheek.

“Where were you?” he said lowering the paper from his gaze the odd glasses of his own design lifting off the bridge of his nose and onto his head

“I’m sorry. I was in a rush” kat said

“Your lucky I love you, or I’d be giving you hell for running off. Let me guess your off to see Alexzander?”

“yes daddy” Kat said sighing

“I swear…I will never understand your taste in men”

“He’s a nice guy, dad”

“Of course he is, but uh…he’s a bit on the strange side don’t you agree, not to mention his appearance” her father said looking at her with an eyebrow raised

“Oh stop…it’s his style” she pouted lightly looking out the window at the passer byes, before the legs of what looked like a large bird, with no wings, stepped in front of the car, making the driver stop the car, making Kat and her mother lunge forward.

“what was that?” her mother asked calmly putting her hand to her chest. Kat’s father stuck his head out the window, practically breaking his neck seeing the large grayish purple bird in front of the car. It looked down at him, as well as the person sitting on the saddle on it’s back. It tilted it head looking at Mr. Hunter as he shook his head, pulling himself in.

“It’s just a Familiar on an Amplefowls” he said “nothing to worry about”

“Dad…can’t we just call tem people?” kat asked in slight annoyance

“I simply call them what they are, Kat. I’m sure the boy on the Amplefowl is referring to us as Leviathans right now.” He said as the car started moving again. Kat rolled her eyes going back to looking out the window.

It wasn’t long till Kat arrived at the large black circus tent seeing plenty of people walking into it.

“Thank you. Love you. Be home later. Bye” she quickly said to both of her parents before she left the car closing the door behind her, before her parents had a chance to say anything.

She jogged behind the large tent seeing a small tool shed looking house behind it with a small window, a light gleaming through it. She smiled gently and made her way over to it, stopping at the front door, before fixing her dress. She looked herself over fixing the silver pin of her family crest on her dress before she knocked on the door waiting for an answer to allow her inside.

A Keeper’s Flame Story Facts:
Amplefowl- is a large bird like creature that reaches the height of about 9ft as an adult (start off at 5 ft when first hatched). These vary from a dark gray color to a dark shade of purple and everything in between. Amplefowls have no wings, so for what they lack in flight the make up for in length of their legs and can jump at least 3 times their height which makes them as helpful transportation when needing to get to high place, however they are very calm and friendly creatures and are easily tamed. Just as a horse can be ridden Amplefowls are used in a similar manner. Even though they are friendly they can be dangerous when made uncomfortable, using their large talons to attack enemies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love to hear what you guys think, so please comment. Hope you enjoy it. i promise it gets better, just hang in there. ;-}