Status: In progress :)

Haunt Me

18.

I really have been enjoying the show. My best friend, Angela, came over this weekend to watch it with me. She's seen all of them before. Was it you that handed er the flowers and gift?
I really like most pastas and crab or lobster. My favorite food is, in conclusion, crab Alfredo.
What is your favorite movie genre?

You know, I really have been enjoying being able to write to you as well. Hand written letters have been dying out and I think that is a shame! There's something much more intimate about being able to see the way someone's hand works. There's so much more emotion in it. People have grown too comfortable with texting, in my opinion.

Until next time,
Peyton.

P.S. Will I ever learn your name?


She was nervous about asking for his name. He might gets scared and decide that becoming acquaintances might be a bad idea, and she really didn't want that. Sure, she's been wary about it as well, understandably, at first, but she really had forgiven him, no matter how twisted it may be.
Darien still tried to talk to her about severing ties with him every once in a while, but she refused. He just didn't understand. Truthfully, she didn't much, either. She simply didn't want to. It wasn't as though she was happy that her mother was gone, or she didn't get upset when she thought about it too much, but she wouldn't condemn the person driving the car had she been hit by one.
She took a sip of her tea, trying to clear her mind before she confused herself again. "If you've chosen to have him in your life, it's best not to dwell on it any further." Angela had said. Peyton agreed, but sometimes it was hard not to.
She finished her Chamomile and placed her letter on the front porch before heading out for the day to run errands.

___

Kenneth watched Peyton take her brother's Jeep down the street, his heart ached watching her go. "I was such an idiot." He chastised himself. Proposing to her when she was in such a horrible place in her life was a huge mistake on his part and he knew it. He was determined to win her back, though. That's why he'd been staying in contact with Darien, so he could get updates without making her feel uncomfortable. Though, lately Kenneth was skeptical about how honest Darien had been being over the past few weeks. He'd said that Peyton had stopped writing to that murderer, but he witnessed the same man coming to the house for brief amounts of times, far too short to have been doing anything more than dropping something off or picking something up. And here he was, again, climbing the driveway to the front porch.
Without thinking Kenneth stormed out of his house, not even bothering to put shoes on, to intercept the man. "Excuse me?" He called out.
"Yes, can I help you?" Sebastian wore a look of innocence with this man, fully aware of who he was, although Kenneth did not know him.
"I see you every day, you know." Kenneth growled. He could feel the heat rushing to his face and the stranger bore an inquisitive countenance. "Don't play games!" He grabbed him by the collar of his freshly ironed white shirt, slamming him against the front door. "You stay away from my girlfriend, you sickly piece of shit! Next time I see you, I'm calling the police. Got it?"
Sebastian held up his hands as a plea of surrender. "Calm down, man. I just bring the letters. Whatever issue you've got, it's not with me." He smoothed his shirt once Kenneth released him, who mumbled under his breath.
"Sorry for the trouble."
He walked back to his house, slightly embarrassed, looking back a few times to see Sebastian watching him leave. Once out of Kenneth's sight he sat on the porch step to take a deep breath. He fiddled wit a black curl that fell in front of his eye and looked over to the envelope on the welcome mat with a pit in his stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for waiting!