Sequel: Shut Up & Kiss Me
Status: DONE!

Summer of Love

The Beat Down

It wasn’t really the fact that I saw Jordan, but the fact that he was walking hand in hand with a tall, beautiful blond. Did I mention she was absolutely stunning? I was shocked because I had only dumped him last night.

I had stopped dead in my tracks while the others went ahead, chatting and laughing with each other until Gage stopped. Caroline caught the movement and stopped as well, turning with worried eyes.

“Misa?”

I couldn’t take my eyes from Jordan heading my way, smiling with this girl. The setting sun hit them and I was blinded by a flashing light. I blinked to clear my eyes and looked for the source. I found it on her ring finger. I couldn’t stop it. My heart began to race and my adrenaline kicked in. My blood ran fiery hot in my veins until I swear it began to boil beneath my skin. Heat flooded my face and my jaw clenched.

The others had stopped now and were watching me. Tori was the first to spot Jordan and the dark side seemed to slid away, leaving her surprised. Her head flicked back to me just as I took a step in his direction. I had never felt so angry before. I knew she was the reason he had been so weird. She looked from outside the country with her glowing tanned skin and Californian looks.

“Misa, no!” I had taken another step forward. It was like a train; once I started going, I wasn’t going to stop.

Her arms wrapped around my torso and Rita and Caroline were right beside her. My breaths were coming short and quick while the guys stood back in confusion. Gage narrowed his eyes and followed my gaze. It landed on Jordan and his fiancée as they came closer. Those emerald eyes met mine and shock passed through them. He stopped mid-step and the girl looked at him in confusion.

I was seeing red. “You son of a bitch!” I shrieked.

Tori flinched. “Oh, she’s mad.”

“I wouldn’t say mad,” Caroline said, watching me carefully as if I was a ticking bomb. “Livid is a better word.”

I ignored them. “You jerk, how could you lie to me like that!”

Jordan was so surprised, he just stood there with his mouth open. His fiancée looked at him with narrowed eyes then flicked her gaze to me. She put her hands on her hips and cocked her head at Jordan.

“Who is she?” she demanded, her voice dripping with venom.

Jordan looked between the two of us, sputtering incoherently and I screamed just for the sake of it. Tori released her death grip on me to cover her ears and I used that moment to launch forward. I ran right up to Jordan, hauled back and hit him with everything I had. I heard the sickening crunch of his nose. He fell back onto the cement, clutching his bleeding nose while I towered over him, breathing heavily. I had never been a violent person. Now, I had officially punched two people.

Hot tears sprang to my eyes before I could help myself. “You liar. You were not taking care of your father. I pity this poor girl for wanting to marry someone like you,” I hissed.

He stared up at me in shock, his emerald green eyes wide. To top it off, I spit on him and turned. The girl grabbed my arm and I stopped, looking at her murderously. She released me in surprise and gestured to Jordan.

“He cheated on me with you?” She sounded angry but her tone suggested she just wanted the truth. She didn’t seem angry with me in the least.

I gave a sharp nod. “We started dating after Christmas and then he ignored me for a month saying he was taking care of his father.”

Her beautiful features tightened as she glared down at Jordan. When she looked to me, her features softened slightly, her eyes remaining hard.

“Thank you for being honest. That was one hell of a punch.” Her lips twisted in a slight smile. I couldn’t help but return it. I definitely felt much better about the situation.

Twisting the ring from her finger, she tossed it at him and flipped her hair. Her eyes glittered dangerously as she stared him down.

“Teresa, I can explain...” His voice sounded strange because of his nose. She copied me, spitting on him and followed up with stepping on his crotch with her super death heels. He cried out in pain and clutched his groin.

“You are obviously not good enough for me.” She pretended to examine her nails. Wow, this girl was tough.

My friends rushed over, surrounding me but I waved them off.

“Just give me some breathing space guys. I need to sit down,” I said quietly when my head started to spin. I was definitely not used to feeling this way.

Someone grabbed my arm and led me to the edge of the giant fountain in the center square and sat beside me. I lifted my head to thank them when I saw it was the girl, Teresa. I stared in surprise and she smiled wryly.

“Trust me, I know how it feels. I never used to be a violent person either,” she said, her voice clear like a bell. She sounded like an angel.

I smiled weakly and took a deep breath. “Somehow it doesn’t surprise me. I was expecting this actually. I shouldn’t have flipped out though, I did dump him yesterday.”

She arched a shaped brow. “Oh? Only yesterday you dumped him? It’s funny how things work out like this, huh?”

She stared ahead as my friends and the band members stood off to the side, talking amongst themselves. Gage however, watched me carefully. He reminded me of Cian with those watchful eyes. I waved a hand reassuringly and mustered a smile. His eyes only narrowed suspiciously and I sighed.

I turned to Teresa and sighed. “I’m sorry about your relationship.”

She shook her head with a smile. “It’s not your fault, you didn’t know. I should have been smarter.”

I laughed and rubbed my tired eyes. After that outburst, I was emotionally exhausted.

“This has been a crazy day.” I looked down at my hands as she nodded.

“Guess I came all the way here for nothing.”

I tilted my head to look at her. What was nice was that she was as tall as I was. She looked like a model. I squinted.

“Are you a model?” She looked at me with a knowing smile and I blinked.

I looked away, surprised. “Wow.”

“If you ever interested, you’d make it too. You’ve got the height, the looks and the body,” she said, sitting back in a relaxing posture and I frowned.

“I don’t think I could handle that lifestyle. I want to open a bakery shop.”

She nodded. “That’s cool. Modelling isn’t for everyone.”

Caroline walked over with a frown. “Are you okay, Misa? Do you want to go home?”

I smiled up at her and rose to my feet. The dizziness had disappeared. “I’m okay.” I looked to Teresa. “We’re sort of doing a tour right now with those guys over there. If you’re interested, you can tag along.”

She smiled but shook her head at the offer. “Nah, I think I’m going to catch the next flight home.”

Looking down, she spotted my cell in my pocket and bluntly reached inside and pulled it out. She typed her number inside and handed it back with a grin.

“Feel free to call me anytime, love.” She turned and began walking away with the wave of her hand, not looking back. “Nice to meet you, Misa.”

I stared after her, surprised and awed. She was something different. She was...sort of cool. I looked down at my phone and saw her number. It was all so strange that I began to laugh.

We both beat the crap of Jordan and ended up being friends.

Who would have thought?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a little short, but I've got to clean up the kitchen. It's pretty messy after making homemade donuts ^^

Comment and tell me what you think, peeps!!!

lAuRa