Tangles and Knots

anchor bend.

"Excuse me, miss." I tapped the young lady's shoulder. She was styling an adorable spring dress and a pair of cute flats, I couldn't help but want them for myself, and I didn't even like ballet shoes that much. "Do you know that man?" I pointed to a scrawny looking boy in a cheesy red polo and loose khaki shorts. He was skinny compared to other boys his age.

The two were complete opposites. This girl looked so tough, independent. While on the other hand, the boy was weak and fragile. Still, the bond between them was unbreakable. Whether they knew each other or not, it didn't matter. They would one day meet. I simply interfering so they would meet at the perfect moment, neither too late nor too early. In that perfect moment where they didn't make each other regret past decisions in their lives; in that moment where they could help each other make correct decisions in the future.

“Sorry, no.” The girl replied.

“Well, I just heard this from some girl, but apparently..” I paused for a small dramatic effect, something that made my days a little more humorous, “He's Orlando Bloom's cousin or something.” I lied. I knew it was a stupid one but it was the best I had at the moment. “You should try talking to him, I bet if you got to know him you'd get to meet his family or something.”

“Really?” She murmured, slightly interested. I was sure she was wondering why a stranger had talked to her, but I knew she would forget about it soon. Just like everybody did. As long as we weren't connected, she would soon forget about me.

“Yeah. My brother is a friend of his or something. He was telling me about it. I was actually talking to him, and he said that he thought you were cute.” I said casually.

Her cheeks reddened. “Should I?” She mumbled to herself.

I chuckled and gave her a small push to the ass with my foot in the direction of the boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
How to make an anchor bend:

1. Make two turns around the shackle, leaving turns open.

2. Pass free end behind the standing line and feed the free end through the first turns and pull tight.

3. Now tie a half hitch around the standing line and pull tight.

4. Seize the free end or tie the knot with a long tag end and tie a backup knot such as one half of a Double Fisherman’s (see Backup Knot) with the tag end around the standing part.