Tangles and Knots

jansik special.

The swing creaked under the force of my weight. I swung lightly back and forth, my legs stretched out in front of me.

I observed the the strings, plucking at the thickest and thinnest of the ravels I could find. Some were being tightly pulled while others hung loosely, even being dragged around the ground.

I had learned observed and taken note of the thread. And this was what I had learned so far:

The thicker the strand, the more important the relationship. This does not mean that thin bonds weren't important. Destiny's important, meaning that every fated relationship is inevitable. A frayed thread meant that it was an inescapable negative relationship, or had the potential of being a negative relationship if it was only slightly frayed. A frayed thread had the possibility of fixing itself, and vice versa. But the likelihood of that is low.

Anything could change. A thin thread has the potential of changing who it ties together. The thicker the thread, the lower the chance of the person attached to the thread changing. The thickest thread I had ever encounter was, so far, unchangeable. Your soul mate, and estranged siblings, would never change. At least I think so.

Every thread has a time limit. The tighter the string, the less amount of time you can go without the adjacent person. This has nothing to do with the thickness of the string. A thin, spiderweb-like thread could be the tightest thread attached to a person. The tighter the string, the higher of a possibility of it emotionally, mentally, or physically hurting someone. Eventually, the string will adapt elastic proprieties, bouncing you back to each other everytime you get too far.

After one finally meets someone they are attached to, everything else in their life becomes slightly less important, depending on the width of their shared string. This does not effect those with strings thicker than the person and their new friend. I'm sort of an emphasized version of that rule. I'm not sure if it's because I have no strings, or because I can see them, but as soon as they meet someone, I'm completely washed from their memory. At least, depending on the thickness of the string and the significance of our friendship to them.

For instance, it would take Ellie's soul mate to make her forget me. But if I introduced a stranger to anyone attached to them, they'd forget me. It's unfortunate. And I'm still asking myself if my loved one's happiness with their new friends and soul mates are worth them forgetting me.

All strings are constantly tightening. All strings are constantly being created.

There is only one known people without a single visible string to me. And that, is me.

And that, so far, is everything I know of these strange red threads. I'm still doing my research.
♠ ♠ ♠
How to make a jansik special:

1. Run at least six inches of line through the eye of fish hook or fishing lure. Bring it around in a circle and run it through again. That makes the first circle or loop.

2. Make a second circle, parallel with the first and pass the end of the line through the fishing hook eye a third time. You now have two circles..

3. Bend the standing part of the line up and over the two circles and hold together for the tag end to get wrapped around them..

4. Bring tag end around and wrap it three times around the three parallel lines..

5. Hold the hook, swivel or lure with one hand or with pliers. Hold the tag end in teeth and the standing line with the other hand. Pull all three to tighten down onto the hook..

I'd like to thank you all for sticking with me through this long and everlasting journey. Thank you for being patient guys. - alpha.