Status: COMPLETE! <3

Comic Boys

Issue #14: Jet Lag and English Flags

Jekyll slammed my body against the constricting wall of the airplane cubicle, his fingers rough on the collar of my loose T-shirt, fingers biting into my skin as he seethed, his anger making the air around us dense. The counter that surrounded the small, steel sink cut into my lower back as I smirked, Jekyll growling under his breath, his eyes piercing into mine as he willed me to die with his thoughts.

"What are you doing here, Warner?" Jekyll spat, causing me to chuckle a little, prying his hands off me before shoving his chest, rubbing my own slightly sore collar.

"Using last names now, are we? Fine then, Marlowe, what's wrong with a guy coming here on a holiday with his little sister? Jaimie had always wanted to go to England, to see those One Direction boys apparently, but nonetheless this is a perfect opportunity for us come. And hey, the bigger the group, the bigger the fun."

"You're just scared, Warner," Jekyll replied, after regarding me for a brief moment, and ran his fingers through his golden locks, before sliding the lock of the cubicle, his hand resting on the groove-handle ready to exit. "You're so scared of losing London to me. You're terrified, because you know that he's mine." Jekyll shot me an empty, cold smile, before leaving the cubicle to sit down in his seat. I watched him for a moment as he tapped London on the shoulder, smiling in excitement as they chatted animatedly, London pointing to various sites in a tourist magazine. They then hugged and I felt my stomach drop, my heart aching before a familiar head popped out in front of me, a small hand colliding with my cheek.

"You are the biggest pussy I have ever seen," Jaimie huffed, dragging me out of the toilet cubicle, apologising to the elderly woman who was waiting in line, looking like her ageing bladder was about to burst inside of her. Jaimie slapped me again, before cupping me face to force me to look at her.

"What is it now, Jaimie?" I sighed, my eyes still watching Jeremy and London talking, the aura they were emitting making me feel sick and a little lost.

"You came here to win London over, right?" Jaimie asked, and I nodded, but felt a little guilty. Okay, I felt more than a little guilty. It was eating away at me even though last night it seemed like a bloody brilliant idea. But now, seeing those two so... happy made me feel like I was breaking something wonderful up, that I was driving something apart that shouldn't be messed with. I had always seen myself as the one London was supposed to be with, but I guess that was only because I have always had everything I had ever wanted, I've had everything except love, I suppose. My parents sure as hell didn't give me any, and Jaimie did, but the love of a sister wasn't enough to quench my thirst for something more. London had slowly been chewing through my heart until he became the sole thought on my mind every single moment I'm breathing, and I just thought that I was that important to him as well.

But I guess not. Maybe I wasn't that important to him. Maybe I was just that school friend who he just gets along with. Maybe the one he thinks about day and night isn't me, but the blonde boy smiling by his side, the one that makes London laugh like a loon. I made London laugh too, but I didn't make him laugh like his 'Jekyll' did.

"Oh god, you're doing it again. Snap out of it, Danny," Jaimie scolded, knocking her forehead into mine angrily. "Don't look like a kicked puppy, Dan. Sure, London has a friend, a really close friend, but you're important to him too. And don't even deny that I'm right- I can read you like a book. And besides, you and London is going to be my brother-in-law, so don't disappoint me." Jaimie laughed, before dragging me back to my seat, where London gave me an odd, unsure glance and a small, hesitant smile, making what Jaimie had said fly out the window and crash onto the ground.

London didn't want me here. And that hurt, more than I had ever thought possible.

Image


"Jaimie, hey. Get up. The plane's landed," I murmured, yawning as I tapped on Jaimie's arm as she groaned, slapping herself in the face as she rubbed her sleepy eyes, probably smudging some of the make-up she had on. She smiled at me as I unbuckled her seat belt, handing her bag to her before grabbing my own one. We yawned simultaneously as I heard a giggle behind me. I turned around to see London, his hand covering his lips as his eyes sparkled at me.

"You two are so alike, it's almost scary," he laughed, smiling widely at me, slightly layered with sleep before rubbing his eyes, yawning. "Oh, and later tonight to you two want to come get dinner with us? Jekyll knows some great places, apparently." I turned to Jekyll, but he had his face turned away as he grabbed London's bags from the over-head compartment, but I could see his tensed muscles under his shirt.

"Thanks for the invitation... but I don't think we'll join you tonight," I sighed, ruffling London's hair before glancing down the line where the other passengers were moving, filing out of the place like ants. "I think I'll be dead asleep anyway, as will Jaimie. So you two have fun, yeah?"

"Are you sure?" London asked, a little disappointed, and I nodded, pinching the bridge of his nose playfully.

"I'm sure, London. We'll order room service before we both pass out. Promise."

"Okay, but the offer still stands if you're up to it later tonight," London said again, before we all exited the plane. Once we left the tunnel into the terminal, Jaimie suddenly had a boost of energy, jumping up and down in excitement, latching onto my arm as she pointed outside a window.

"We're in London! Like, holy moley, Danny! We're. In. London!" Jaimie squealed, hugging me tightly before leaping around the large space like an alien, causing many people to give her strange looks.

"Jaimie, calm your farm," I joked, slinging my arm over her shoulders as we made our way through the last security barriers to the conveyor belts where our flights' luggage was already being unloaded. I grabbed my own suitcase as Jaimie hunted for her own, and I burst out laughing as I saw London struggling to lug his off the moving belt, the thin boy almost being dragged along by the way his feet slid across the smooth floor.

"Shut up, Easton!" London whined as I made my way over to him, grabbing onto the handle of his suitcase, pulling on it. It slid off the belt and landed on the ground, almost dropping onto my toes, as London let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Easton."

"No problem. I'll call you tomorrow morning or something. Maybe we can all visit some sites together, as a sorry for not being able to come tonight?"

"Sounds great. I'll be waiting for your call," London said gently, and my heart fluttered as he nodded hugging me tightly, before hobbling over to Jekyll, who waved, sending me a challenging glare before focusing his mind onto London. I gave them one last glance before grabbing onto Jaimie's arm to go and hail a taxi.

"So, why aren't we going out to dinner with London and the blonde one?" Jaimie asked, popping a piece of mint gum into her mouth. "Don't tell me you're chickening out! You had better not give up on Lond-"

"I'm not, trust me, Jaimie," I replied, frowning as we ducked into the taxi. "And plus, I don't think I'd be in a good mood when I'm so tired, and when I'm cranky there's no fun to be had, right?"

Jaimie scoffed, leaning her head on my shoulder as she closed her eyes, willing herself to sleep.

"You're getting soft though, Danny," she sighed, hugging me sideways. "Don't give up on London, no matter what."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song of the moment: Anime Battle OSTs ;]

Easton got a lot of hate because of the previous chapter ;] Oh, Easton. The poor boy is only hopelessly in love with a boy who seems to be getting sucked in by a sexy British boy haha
And I love Jaimie, and I don't know why. I just like her.
But yeshhh, thank you so much to all of you who have stuck with this story thus far, and for all the wonderful comments you have left me! They make me extremely happy :3 Until next time!

Comment? Subscribe? Recommend?