Status: COMPLETE! <3

Comic Boys

Issue #16: Love Noodles

"Oi, Kit. Could you not freak London out so much? I'm already struggling as it is," I sighed, dumping Kit on her bed, the water shifting itself as her light body sunk into the baby-pink sheets, trimmed with white lace around the edges. Kit growled, rolling herself up in her blanket before peering up at me, grinning in amusement as I shifted awkwardly, closing the door before leaning on it, staring right back at Kit without shame. Kit and I had always been close, so close that we could pass as brother and sister, not cousins whose parents were somewhat estranged. I had known Kit ever since she popped out of her mother's stomach and basically cried down the whole hospital in her whining voice, but at that moment a best friend was born.

Kit was... not your usual seventeen-year-old girl. She was so complicated, nobody had been able to piece her together, but out of every person in the universe I was probably the closest to figuring out what makes Kit Marlowe tick. She was an expert at pissing people off, especially her parents, which is why she's over at my place most of the time, crashing in our her make-shift bedroom for weeks until her parents were bothered to come and pick her up. They weren't on good terms and everyone knew why, but nobody dared to talk about it. It was taboo to even mention that night in front of Kit, let alone when she was in the same house. We made that mistake once, and that nearly made us lose Kit too.

Kit yawned, as I hopped onto the bed next to her, placing my forearm over my eyes as I got comfortable, the swooshing of the water bed slowly calming as neither of us moved an inch.

"Why so stressed, Jerry? Do you have competition for London's affections or something?" Kit asked, pausing to study my rigid appearance, before clapping her hands, the water bed rippling once again as she pounced on me, prying my arm off my eyes. "Oh em gee! Tell me, Jer! Who is it? Is he good-looking? Is he smoother than you? Oh, wait, everyone is smoother than Jerry. Come on! Tell me! I want to know everything because your business is my business, you know!"

"Quit yapping. You're an eyesore," I groaned, swatting Kit away as she huffed, continuing her onslaught of annoyance and unabashed pestering, straddling my waist as she tried to tickle my sides, which were wriggling to throw her off me.

"Tell me! I just want to see my awkward big bro get some lovin' back into his life," Kit teased. "After you got dumped back in high school you turned into a completely frigid potato, but now 'Sex-Bomb Jerry' is back and you're not telling me your boy-problems. Oh, and not to mention the fact that you're not letting me choose your date outfit. Now that I cannot allow!"

"Has anyone ever told you how annoying you are, Kit?" I mumbled, opening my eyes as she climbed off me, grabbing my arm as she dragged me to my room, only to raid my wardrobe and criticise basically every garment that hung on plastic clothes hangers in the wooden compartment. Suddenly, she let out a loud whoop of joy, throwing something into my face. It was a white dress shirt that I hadn't worn since I graduated high school, a shirt that had so many bad memories of the girl that broke my heart. I mentally cringed at the garment, throwing it back at Kit who had a pair of green jeans in her hands. She frowned as she looked at me, dropping the outfit to hug me around the waist.

"Seriously, Jer. You're such a baby. Just because you lost the girl once, doesn't mean you're going to lose London too, okay? Now get your tight ass into those pants because once I'm done with you, everyone will be letting you into their panties... Or boxers, in your case. Yeah, I know London wears boxers. I saw," Kit giggled as I raised an incredulous brow at her, before kissing the top of her head.

"Thanks, Kit, but I'm over her, you know that. But the guy who's also chasing after London... he's actually a pretty amazing guy. I know, I know- don't fraternise with the enemy and shit, but if it's Easton then I wouldn't mind all that much if London chose him," I said, my mind flicking to the image of Easton and London laughing together over a funny scene in a movie. They had seemed so perfect together that it made me sick, but strangely happy at the same time. Easton made London happy- that's all I ever wanted.

"And that's why she left you for the other guy," Kit said, face palming as she pushed me to change. "You are way too nice, Jer. Come on. If London's worth it, you'll have to start working for it. Now... your hair. Here's a comb. Do something with it."

"Yes, baby sis," I teased, pushing the thoughts of Easton and London out of my head with great force, and smiled, the excitement for my and London's second date whirling in my head, and my heart.

I wasn't giving him up for the world. Not this time.

Image


London and I sat in the classy, high-end Japanese restaurant, London laughing ecstatically as he blew on his steaming hot noodles that had been collected into his deep soup spoon. London continued to stare at my hand, which was struggling to manage the intricate chop sticks that clacked against each other in my own bowl of tasty noodles.

"Do you need some help?" London chuckled, swallowing his noodles, sucking up that last strand like in The Lady and the Tramp... only London made the motion so much cuter.

"No, no... I'm fine. See? I'm fine," I said, lying to the world as I raised the dodgy noodle-covered chopstick to my lips, before the strands catapulted back into my bowl, splashing gracefully in the soup, which then in turn reared up and plopped over the table. London looked at me, blinking twice, before doubling over in hysterics, choking on his noodle. He covered his mouth, eyes tearing as he tried to calm down, handing me a napkin as I dabbed the damp table, blushing madly.

"Fine my ass, Jekyll! You're feeding the table more than yourself. Here. Open up," London said, expertly winding some noodles around his perfectly poised chop sticks, placing the food at my lips, causing me to blush a deeper burgundy than before. London smiled sweetly, mimicking an open mouth before popping the food into my mouth, laughing. "You're like a baaaaaaby!" London sung, before feeding himself, leaving me for a brief moment to calm my thumping heart, placing myself in the tedious task of actually getting food into my stomach without pouring it all over the table. Soon enough, the two of us had stuffed ourselves silly with desert, which we fed to each other in the fashion of the previous noodles. London was making my stomach and my heart go crazy tonight, and we hadn't even gone to the second location yet. By tonight I was going to have a heart attack. It was just waiting to attack me.

"Ready to get out of here?" I asked, hooking London's arm with mine as he blushed adorably, leaning against my arm as he nodded.

"Where are we going? You told me to wear shoes I can run in, but you never told me why," London asked with curiosity sparkling in his eyes, which penetrated mine as we climbed into my dad's car. I just winked as I kissed his finger tips, making him choke on air as he blushed, his body closing in on itself. I chuckled to myself before we made the short drive to the second venue- a laser-tag arena.

"And we are here, London," I said, getting out before acting as London's chauffeur. "Please step out carefully. The pavement is wet."

"Laser tag? Seriously?! Oh my god, Jekyll! You're the best!" London laughed, bombarding me with a hug and a swift kiss on the cheek as he jumped up and down in excitement, pulling me into the laser tag building, hand in hand. His hand was smaller and incredibly hot, and was the only thing on my mind until we reached the desk where I was in an elated daze from London's kiss on my cheek.

I knew laser tag was a good idea. Well, Kit knew it was a good idea. I guess I owe her something now, but whatever. Everything's worth it to see London like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. School's started back up again, so updates will still be rocky :/
I have honestly lost my flow with this story, so I'll have to work to build up the motivation to update, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on this baby yet! I'm too in love with London, Easton and Jekyll to just abandon them to die- I'm going to give them some happy endings first! ;]
So no, I'm not going to drop this story... I'll just have to slowly finish it, if you get what I mean. So, I apologise in advanced for all the long waits between updates, but hopefully the content will make it up to you guys who are just so awesome!

Okay, now that the boring stuff is out of the way... LONDON KISSED JEKYLL ON THE CHEEK *legasp* I actually hadn't planned on that happening, but oh well. I liked it.
And their date will continue in the next chapter, which I will try to get out as soon as I can!

Comment? Subscribe? Recommend?