Status: COMPLETE! <3

Comic Boys

Issue #5: Trading Cards and... Numbers?

I was giddy all morning, basically a ball of... of pure excitement. It was Saturday, which meant games day. Sure, I was always excited, but today was more special than all the other times. There was a slight, slight chance that Easton may come today. I had prayed all night and all morning long for him to show up, but he hadn't come as of yet, which made me worried, my hope dampening a little.

"You okay, London?" Jekyll asked in his perfect English accent, nudging me with his arm as we lounged on a spotted bean-bag chair, turning to me. A fe of the regulars had come, and they were busy occupying themselves on the PS3 system playing DC Universe vs. Mortal Combat, the over-the-top sounds blaring on the intense speaker system. Some of the others were painting figurines of Lord Of The Rings characters, and some were trading cards and other merchandise. "You seem a little down."

"Hm? No, I'm fine. I just stayed up really late last night," I said, half-truthful since I did stay up really late last night, stalking Easton, and to be completely honest, I was stalking Jekyll as well, but I wouldn't tell him that. Jekyll nodded, as the buzzer sounded from downstairs, meaning someone had come into the store. We had installed this buzzer system so we could be upstairs and still know when someone came into the store, plus we have security cameras so no-one tries anything dodgy, like stealing a few comics of figurines. I always spotted those thieves, Jekyll was the strong one who threw them out by the belt-buckle, giving them a massive wedgie in the process.

Jekyll nodded to the rickety stairs the descended into the main part of the store for me to go, and I nodded, hope flooding my senses again. Maybe...

As I saw the person who had walked in, I felt my hope deflate again, holding back a disappointed sigh as another regular smiled at me, bouncing up the stairs as I started making my way up after him.

"Excuse me. I'm here for the games day..." a deep voice said gently, and I whizzed around, my mouth popping open as I saw Easton standing there, in red jeans and a large jumper, hair mussed from the wind and his gorgeous eyes locked onto mine. I felt myself go mushy, but swallowed the embarrassing thoughts as I smiled a little, pointing up the stairs.

"Right up here. U-Uhm, it may take some getting used to, but I'm sure you'll have fun!" I chirped, and he nodded, stepping in front of my to waltzed up the stairs. He smelled really good, minty and fresh mixed in with whatever shampoo he used. I followed him up, swallowing loudly as my face was centimetres away from his nice butt, which was moving from side to side as he walked up the stairs in front of me.

Easton walked into the upstairs room, and Jekyll immediately snapped his head towards him, and I think he may have narrowed his eyes a little, but I wasn't really paying attention all that much since Easton's sudden stop of motion almost made me crash into his strong body.

"U-Uhm, everyone!" I called, the people on the PS3 pausing their intense match as they turned, the painters wiping their wet paint brushed on the edge of the pain-holders as they put down their brushes, the traders pausing their bargaining and Jekyll peering at me curiously, almost calculating my probably awkward posture as I tried not to stare and swoon at Easton, who was looking as calm and collected and cold as always.

I cleared my throat and started speaking again.

"This is a new member, so make him feel welcome, and don't, u-um, freak him out too much," I added, as some people snickered, Jekyll smirking a little as something must have crossed his mind. "Easton, if you want to introduce yourself..." He looked at me for a moment, before nodding, turning to the small group of people who were all looking at him in some sort of awe, as if he were a god. Sure, we didn't get that many good-looking people in here, Jekyll being the only one worth staring at but they had gotten used to him a while ago, so Easton was like a breath of fresh air for the dingy little store and its dorkazoid patrons.

"I'm, um, Easton... but call me Daniel," he said, and I felt my stomach sink. He doesn't like being called Easton?! Shit! I've been calling him that the whole time. Oh no, what if he hates me now? What if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore? Not that he was talking to be before, but what if he has made up his mind never to be friends with me? He probably hates me. What do I do if he hates me?!

My mind vomit was stopped when everyone resumed working, Easton touching my arm softly, making me look at him. He had the hint of a hidden smile on his face as he just looked at me.

"You can call me Easton, though. I just don't want too many people calling me by my first name," he explained, and I swallowed the nervousness as his voice coaxed my ears with his deep, melodic tone. He had the nicest voice I have ever heard... but if only he had an English accent like Jekyll.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry- I should have asked before I started using your first name. I'll just call you Daniel," I said hastily, and he shook his head, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

"Call me Easton, London," he said, my name rolling off his lips with ease, making my knees buckle a little. "Really, London. Don't worry so much." He flicked my forehead with that, before smiling fully, his straight pearly whites showing a tiny bit. I felt a heavy arm drape itself across my shoulders, and turned to see Jekyll looking at Easton with a bright smile, extending his free arm in a handshake position.

"I'm Jekyll, London's co-worker," he said, and I wondered why he stressed the word co-worker. Oh well, it was probably Jekyll being odd. Something cold passed through the air as Jekyll and Easton looked at each other, Easton's cool expression coming back as Jekyll's smile froze on his face, the arm on my shoulder wrapping itself around me a little tighter.

"Daniel," Easton said, taking Jekyll's hand as he shook it firmly, and I saw their knuckles go white with the force they were applying to their grips. I coughed awkwardly, murmuring that I was going to the back room to fetch some refreshments. I had a feeling they hadn't really hit it off that well. I didn't want them to hate each other though- I liked the both of them, and I wanted to be friends with both of them so if they hated each other that wouldn't really work for any of us, now would it?

I pulled out two jugs of lemonade and Coke from the fridge, bringing them back into the games room where there was a chorus of cheers as I also pulled out a big bag of cookies as well as a few packets of chips.

"Jeremy! We need to have our re-match from last week!" someone yelled, and Jekyll grinned playfully, ruffling my hair as he walked past me to take his place on one of the ben bags, grabbing a controller as he chatted with some of the other members, his eyes flicking to me and Easton for a brief moment before returning his concentration to the game.

I felt Easton walk up to me, grabbing a plastic disposable cup and pouring a Coke for himself.

"Are you new in town?" I asked him, and he nodded, taking a sip of his drink as I did the same to me lemonade.

"The first day I came to the store was the day I moved in," he said, and I raised a brow, smiling. "I had to check out the local comic store, so I came here."

"Did you move with your family?" I asked, and he nodded again.

"My parents and my sister. I'm starting school next week. I don't know how to get there in the first place though, since mum and dad can't drive me, and Jaimie is starting the day after me since she says she's not feeling very well, the stress of the move and all. She's just a wimp, though, she's scared of new schools."

"What school are you going to? We might be going to the same school," I said, trying not to sound to excited or hopeful, and he smiled a little, saying the name of his school as I gasped quite loudly.

"ME TOO! I-I mean, I go to that school. I could, um, help you get there and show y-you around, I guess," I stammered, and he flicked my forehead again, making me pout, rubbing the tingling spot with my hand.

"That would be nice. Um, I live pretty close to the store, so could I meet you here and then we could walk to school? Mum said it was within walking distance, but I'll be able to start driving once my car gets delivered from my old town."

"Sure," I said, and he pulled pulled out his phone, unlocking it and handing it to me. "Wh-what?"

"Your number," he said simply, and I gaped at him.

"Y-You want... my number?" I asked incredulously, and he nodded, confused. "Are you s-sure?"

"I'm pretty sure, London. And take a photo of yourself for the contact, while you're at it," he added, and I blushed as I shakily typed in my information. Easton was asking for my number! Someone was asking for my number! A hot guy was asking for my details. I mean, Jekyll knows my number and everything and I had been a blushing mess when he asked me, but it was Easton and I barely knew him... but he seemed nice. Cold and mysterious, but nice.

I smiled as I took a quick snap of myself, handing the phone back to him as he smiled.

"I'll call you if I get lost on the way here like I did today," he said, and I laughed, nodding, as I finished my drink.

"Do you play DC Universe?" I asked, and he shook his head. I gasped and feigned shock, grabbing onto his hand as I dragged him over to where Jekyll was sitting.

"Come on. I'll teach you everything you need to know."
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE EASTON xD
He's such a sly cookie, getting London's number and details so smoothly lol
Lots of people, according to the comments, like Jeremy more, but I guess you know more about Jeremy than Easton, so here's some more Easton goodness for you!
And the next chapter is in his POV as well, so there you go for those of you on Team Easton haha :3
Well, I hope you enjoyed it, and I'll try to update soon!
xx