Status: COMPLETE! <3

Comic Boys

Issue #9: K.I.S.S.I.N.G...?

I had no clue what to wear for my... date with Jekyll. Sure, he hadn't actually called it a date, but when I had asked he had this gleam in his eyes and an odd smile on his lips that told me that he thought it was a date. I had never, not once in my eighteen years of a somewhat monotonous life, had been asked out by a boy. And to have been asked out by Jekyll, who was just godlike in appearance and personality, was mind-blowing. I had already resigned to the fact I was probably going to die alone living in a crappy and dilapidated house with seventeen cats, but maybe, just maybe, my love-life wasn't so disastrous.

What about Easton? my mind cooed, and I frowned, pausing my mad rummaging of my comic-themed wardrobe, peering at my computer which had two tabs opened- one of Easton's profile page, the other of Jekyll's. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me as I stared at both their photos. I liked both of them, but I was going out on a date with Jekyll. Did that mean I should forget about Easton? But I couldn't just drop him like that. But then if I didn't let go of him would that mean I had to break it off with Jekyll? There wasn't really anything to break off, but I felt like I was betraying him just by liking Easton! And the same vice-versa! I liked them both, but even if my life depended on it I couldn't choose either!

Maybe I really would die alone.

"It's not a date, London," I said to myself, my voice wavering a little with fake assurance. "Not. A. Date. No, just find some clothes that look somewhat presentable. Clothes... clothes..." I ran my fingers angrily through my hair as I got onto my knees, reaching into the lower compartment of my wardrobe, pulling out a pair of super tight red skinny jeans that I hadn't warn in ages. I looked at them, before pulling them on with a little struggle, since I had grown a tiny bit, but they still fit, if a little snugly, wrapping around my legs like sausage casing. I then gave up on finding a shirt, pulling on my Superman one with little thought, before using my fingers to smooth down my dark locks, my hair falling over my glasses that I had swapped to my thick, supposedly 'nerdy' red glasses, and after I then pulled on a few bracelets that I had lying around on my bedside table.

I kicked on a pair of red Converse high-tops (I was wearing a bit of red tonight, wasn't I?) just as the bell rang. I heard mum yell that she was going to get it, and my mouth popped open. Mum was as embarrassing as a cucumber trying to impersonate a rabid dog.

"N-No! Mum! Don't answer the door!" I screamed, almost tripping over my rug as I snatched my phone off my bed, slipping it in the back pocket of my jeans as before racing downstairs, hoping to the fucking Greek Gods that mum hadn't started telling Jekyll about my feats as a pre-pubescent toddler who still had to wear a training diaper.

"Mum!" I called loudly, puffing as I reached the door, mum laughing wildly as Jekyll smiled, nodding his head as she chortled, her whole body shaking as she turned to me, her eyes bright.

"Baby-boop!" she said, making Jekyll raise a brow in my direction, and I mentally face-palmed myself. Jekyll laughed as mum hugged me tightly, my head smashing into the crevasse of her boobs, suffocating me. "Oh! My little boy has a boyfriend! And he's so handsome too, and so polite! And he's english! My gosh, that accent is to die for! When are you two getting married? When are you going to have kids? Oh, I can not wait! He is such a lovely boy, London! Mummy is proud of you!" I felt my cheeks getting a shade darker with every word she spluttered out of her mouth, and with every sentence Jekyll seemed to be having a harder time suppressing the insane laughter that was evidently building up inside of him, his hand over his mouth as his eyes glistened with tears of amusement.

"M-mum! Let go! We have to go or we'll miss the... the movie!" I said, grabbing Jekyll's hand as I dragged him out of the house.

"Oh, okay honey-bee! Jeremy, please look after London! He has a bad gag reflex, so don't let him go near brussel sprouts!"

"I'll look after him, Mrs Lurghmann!" Jekyll said, almost to tease me, and I let out a cry of embarrassment as mum closed the door, her eyes in heart shapes as Jekyll then burst out, unable to hold in his laughter. His deep voice echoed through the street as he banged his head on the top of his car, his hand slapping the smooth surface as tears sprung to his eyes.

"Shut up! Don't tease me!" I whined, jabbing Jekyll in the side, glaring at him. He apologised shakily, wiping his eyes, before opening the passenger door for me, bowing a little, making my facade of anger drop from my face.

"I think it's adorable," Jekyll said, smiling, before getting into the car, pulling off the curb and away from mum's eyes that were peering through the curtain.

"It's not adorable. It's embarrassing," I sighed, leaning back in the comfort of his car, turning to Jekyll, who was looking amazing, more so than usual. He was clad in dark jeans and a plain white T-shirt, on top of that an expensive-looking leather jacket. His blonde hair was mussed and looked slightly damp, and he smelled of sweet shampoo, which was nice. Clean and fresh.

"Well, even if you find it embarrassing, I think it's cute," he said again, making me blush, turning my head away as Jekyll pulled up to a small restaurant, that didn't look too formal or too shabby. It was French apparently, and was decorated nicely from what I could see.

"Here we are. After this we'll go catch a movie, yeah?" Jekyll said, eyes shining brightly as I nodded happily, getting out of the car. Jekyll's hand found mine and I gasped, but didn't rip my hand out of his. Instead, I welcomed his large, warm hand, marvelling in the way he was... holding my hand. I mean, holy crackers. Jekyll was holding me hand like we were a couple. This was a date. An actual, legit date.

Why did I have to be socially retarded? Why do I have to clam up when someone so much as gets intimate with me? I mean, it's Jekyll, and he's basically my best friend. Why was it so awkward now? It was still Jekyll... jut Jekyll, but Jekyll holding my hand in a lovey-dovey way.

"You okay?" Jekyll asked, squeezing my hand, making me melt a little more. I nodded as we sat in a booth in the back, lit dimly by one flickering candle in the centre of the cozy booth. Jekyll sat on the opposite side of me as the waitress gave us menus for us to ponder over.

"I'll come back in a few moment, but if you need anything just ask," she said perkily, and we Jekyll thanked her, before turning to me, looking at my face intently.

He then sighed, flicking me in my forehead, making me blink dumbly.

"Don't space out on me now," he said, grinning. "If you do then I'll have to eat your food as well as mine, and then you'll be hungry, and then you'll starve, and then your mum will probably castrate me, and we wouldn't like that, now would we?" Jekyll's face seemed serious, but I could see the playful smile tugging at his mouth, which made me laugh, my mood lifting, and my awkwardness disappearing. Only Jekyll could do that- dispel any uncomfortable feelings without any effort. I loved that about him, the way he just understood me and cared for me, how he knew what made me tick and how he knew just how to cheer me up.

But wasn't that what best friends did too? I couldn't tell; I hadn't had much experience at relationships.

The food came quickly, and after Jekyll broke the ice conversation flowed smoothly, and we were laughing and teasing each other mercilessly until we reached the cinemas. We decided to watch 21 Jump Street, and the cinema was pretty empty, except for the five or six people in front of us who didn't even recognise our presence, staring at the screen while the ads rolled.

"Jekyll..." I started, as Jekyll turned, his fingers suddenly at my mouth, holding two pieces of buttery popcorn. I gave him an odd look, which he laughed at, pressing the popcorn between my lips before I chewed, swallowing quickly.

"So cute," he murmured, and I blushed, looking at my hands that were resting daintily in my lap, my fingers fiddling with the bracelets on my thin wrists.

"Jekyll... I thought you were, um, you know..." I started, and he chuckled, understanding what I was hinting at.

"Straight?"

"Y-Yeah," I said, and he shrugged, throwing a piece of popcorn into the air, the piece dropping into his mouth.

"Now, what made you come to that conclusion? It doesn't matter. I like you, London," Jekyll whispered, his eyes locking with mine. I subconsciously licked my lips as his eyes flicked down to my mouth, layered with salt and butter from the popcorn, and gulped.

"I..." I started, as he leaned down, the lights in the cinema dimming. I almost felt his lips on mine, before I jumped, squeaking, as there was a loud boom from the overhead speakers, my hand flying to my mouth as I stared at Jekyll, blushing madly.

"So cute," he chuckled again, turning to the movie. He was smiling, but just before I turned away to look at the screen, I saw his mouth drop into a frown. I pushed the thoughts away though, focusing on the movie as I tried to get the feeling of guilt and confusion from eating away at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait XD I've been super duper busy, but hey, I got this out for you!
And I just want to promote this freaking amazing story by one of my bestest friends on Mibba. It's really good, so you should all check it out :]
She Whispers Murder
So yeah. Comments? :]