Status: 1/15

Surrender

Chapter 3

The room was ridiculously quiet. I hated it. This Carson guy really isn’t good at making conversation, unless he just hates me already. That’s probably it to be honest. I’ve been told that I give off this douche bag sort of vibe. I don’t try to be like that, I suppose it comes naturally to me.

In my opinion, I am a nice guy, but sometimes, I find it hard to be nice to people; especially people that completely ignore me without having any reason to.

“Have you got a problem with me?” I asked him, sitting up straight on my bed.

He rolled over to look at me but he still didn't say anything. Nothing at all. Is that what I'm worth to him? I don’t even deserve an explanation. Maybe he was told about what I did... If he knows I put my friend into a coma, he probably wouldn't want to be my new best friend or anything like that. I bet he thinks I'm insane.

“I haven’t done anything wrong,” I told him firmly. “I regret what I did, so just let it go.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he muttered before turning away from me again.

I clenched my fist but didn't let my anger out. I hate when people do stuff like that. We were almost in a conversation but then he took himself out of it.

“Look, if we’re living together now, we’ve got to talk to each other.” He stayed quiet. “Seriously, man. I'm not living in silence. I need conversation.”

“You can talk for both of us then,” he mumbled. “Don't expect me to listen, though.”

“Can I leave?” I asked him, after a pause.

I wasn't asking for his permission, I was asking if we’re actually allowed out of our rooms or not. I know we can’t leave this floor, but I’d rather get to know the other people around here than waste my time on him.

“Do what you like,” he sighed.

I leapt up onto my feet then and ran out of the room, practically slamming the door behind me.

Freedom.

What’s wrong with that freak anyway?

I decided to knock on Nick’s door, seeing as he was the only person I knew here, even if it was only briefly. He seemed nice and I knew which room he was in, so why not knock for him? It’s better than walking around on my own.

He answered straight away, which instantly made me smile. Nick reminds me of Jason a bit... The way he has his hair and the brown eyes... Not that that matters. I don’t think about what I did to Jason when I look at Nick, so it isn't a problem. They just look-a-like; simple.

“Lewis!” He smiled when he saw me. “Has Carson scared you off already?” He laughed.

“No,” I insisted. “He was boring me, is all.”

Nick rolled his eyes before letting me into his room. He had a roommate too. He wore those large black framed glasses. The roommate waved nervously to me. I smiled. I could tell that he was a bit shy, unlike Carson. Carson was quiet with me because he could be, not because he was a cute little shy guy.

“Oh right, Sam, this is Lewis. Lewis, Sam,” Nick introduced us to each other.

“Hey.” I nodded in Sam’s direction.

He nodded back but that was it really. The rest of the conversations were just between Nick and I. Did I feel bad for leaving Sam out? No. He clearly doesn't feel comfortable joining in, so I'm not going to force him to. That would be mean. Ignoring him is the nice thing to do here. Carson ignoring me isn't nice though because he can tell that I don’t like being ignored.

“So what are you doing here?” Nick asked me.

“Carson was-“

“Not my room here.” He laughed. “I meant, this school, here.”

“Oh.” I blushed. Ew. “Just fights really.”

I told him that because I didn't want him to know the truth. He’d think I'm a horrible friend if he found out what I did. To be completely honest, I'm starting to think I'm a horrible friend too.

“...Must have been some pretty big fights.” He smirked.

“What about you?” I asked.

Nick seems too friendly and too welcoming to be in a school like this. I have no clue why he’s here.

“I need more discipline,” he told me. “I basically wound up too many people... And bedded a few too many teachers.”

My eyes shot open.

“Seriously?!” I laughed.

“Hell. Yes.” He laughed. “Best bit of school so far. My English teacher was the best. God you should’ve seen her.”

“I can’t believe that. There were never fit teachers at my school, I stuck to people my age, you know?”

“I get that,” he told me. “The older they are, the better they are. That’s how it is for me.”

“How did you get a teacher to sleep with you, though? Seriously, don’t they have standards?” I teased.

“Shut up.” He smirked. “And I just acted like their pet for a bit. No big deal.”

The idea of Nick acting like a pet made me feel uncomfortable. One of my friends, at my old school, once told me that Jason followed me around like a little puppy. I didn't take any notice of it, but when I look back, he did act like a pet for me at times. Whenever I wanted something, he’d get it. He was always sucking up to me. Plus, he made me happy like only a pet can. I know why he was doing it now, though. He wasn't just being nice. He wanted more from me.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when a pillow was thrown into my face. That was followed by a lot of laughter because I let out this stupid scream. Embarrassing.

“I didn't think you could sleep with your eyes open,” Nick told me when he’d finally stopped laughing.

“I wasn't sleeping,” I told him.

“Sure you weren’t.” He nodded, but I knew he didn't believe me. “I miss being a pet,” he muttered, staring off into space.

I rolled my eyes at how stupid he sounded.

“I’d never want to be someone’s pet.”

“You won’t need to be.” He chuckled. “Look at yourself.”

I looked down at my body and smirked.

Thank God for that, then.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea what this is xD

Sorry it's late. I've been really busy with stupid art stuff and school and bleugh.

The next chapter will hopefully be up tonight as well (tonight's the deadline for it, anyway)

Thanks to DoYouEvenCare? for commenting again :)