The Rising

Colette

I had my eyes shut tightly as the plane free fell through the sky. I felt someone grab my arm as I felt like I was about to throw up. With out thinking I opened my eyes and looked out the front of the window to see the ground rushing toward us and Alfreda frantically trying to stop us from dying. My vision then went blurry and then black.

***


I opened my eyes and looked around; I was in the middle of a forest. I was lying on the dirt ground and my muscles ached. I sat up and felt a pain in my center, I was alone. Where was Justin? Alfreda? Gustav? I heard some weird noses as I stood up and looked down at myself. There was dried blood on my clothes but not a mark on my skin. How is this possible?



Is this not my blood? I took a deep breath and held it as I began to look around frantically for any signs of life. I walked away from the spot I woke up and through the green forest. After a while I realized blood on the trees and I got terrified. Then I saw something weird in the distance. I walked toward it and recognized it right a way. It was the plane that looked incredibly messed up. I walked toward it and climbed inside. It looked like a tornado had hit it, and there was blood.
I quickly turned around and got out of it and began to circle the plane to see if any one else was there. No one. Did the others get thrown out of the plane? Are they dead? I fell to the ground and leaned against the side of the plane and stared out toward the forest. Everything was completely still; it reminded me of a picture. The sun slowly began to fall out of the sky and it got replaced by the moon. There were no signs of life, and nothing had moved.
That’s when I heard a noise, it sounded like one of them. I jumped up and looked around timidly. I could not see much because it was to dark. That is when they finally got close enough. I could see three humanoid silhouettes. I backed up to the plane feeling around for anything I could use as a weapon. Nothing. They got closer and I realized they were zombies. I felt tears begin to sting my eyes as I recognized the three of them. It was Justin, Alfreda, and Gustav.
“No, no, no” I mumbled as I slid down the side of the plane. They were right above me as my vision began to go blurry with tears. I was going to die. The scene went black.

***


“Colette, please wake up” I heard a male voice in the distant say.
“No, I don’t want to die” I whispered.
The voice gave a small sigh and responded with, “you’re not going to die.” The voice sounded familiar and before I even opened my eyes I shot straight up and hit something. I felt a pain in my head, heard the guy say “ouch”, and laughter as I opened my eyes. I was on the floor of the plane which looked damaged. The three of them were kneeling around me injured and I lifted my hand to my head and then felt something warm and sticky.
“Well you finally woke up” Justin said rubbing his forehead.
I blushed and smiled, “sorry” I muttered. So it was all a dream? Thank god. “What happened?” I asked looking at the other three who just looked at each and gave a small sigh.
“You really do not want to know” Alfreda said with a nervous smile and the others nodded their head. I tried to stand up and walk a little, but like in the dream my muscles ached too much. I fell to my knees quickly.
“You should rest” I heard Gustav said and I nodded my head as I whipped the blood from my head that was on my hands onto my pants. I stood up again and walked to the wall and leaned on it as I slid down to the floor. Gustav then walked over and helped with the cut on my head. He sprayed something on it which made it sting like hell and put a bandage on it. “You might have a small concussion” he said and I nodded my head feeling exhausted.
“You need to stay awake then Colette” Justin said and I nodded my head but it was too late. I closed my eyes and when I opened them they were looking at me like a piece of meat. They were zombies again and I frantically tried to flatten myself against the wall as they got closer.
“No” I whispered.
“Colette!” Justin said and I blinked my eyes they were back to humans, “are you okay?” I lied and nodded my head. It was just a hallucination from the concussion I guess… or I am just going crazy. Either guess could be correct.