The Rising

Justin

I looked around at the others nervously; I was supposed to be the leader right? Colette and Gustav are injured with maybe a small concussion while Alfreda is blaming herself for the whole thing. I took a deep breath and picked up two of the bags then stuff a gun in my pocket.
“It’s time for us to go?” Colette asked nervously as she sat on the floor infront of her bag. I nodded my head and everyone began to pick up their stuff to leave. Once we got out of the plane we circled the plane to see if anything important fell out that we missed, luckily that was a big fat no. We began to walk into the forest. I looked back at the other three to see Alfreda looking the same as usual, Gustav a little tired, and Colette terrified. I turned back to looking ahead of us and examined our surroundings. After a while we finally got to another clearing and I heard Colette gasp. The three of us turned around to her and she turned red. “S-sorry” she said nervously as she looked around toward the trees avoiding us.
“Did you hear that?” Alfreda asked and all eyes turned toward her as she looked off toward the north as if seeing something we didn’t. I squinted my eyes and looked where she was looking and saw a humanoid shadow.
“Iz zat a valker?” Gustav asked from beside me and before anyone else can say anything I reached into my pocket and pulled out the gun. I pointed it at the approaching figure and took a deep breath.
I heard Colette walk up behind me and say, “no, don’t.” It was too late and I pulled the trigger; the noise echoed throughout the forest. I felt someone pull the arm with the gun down and hit my head. Colette and Alfreda ran toward the thing that fell to the floor while Gustav and I stood back utterly confused. We followed behind and I understood why Colette had said ‘no, don’t’. The thing was a girl around fourteen years old, and she wasn’t a zombie. I just killed an innocent person, and the gunshot most likely attracted more of them...
I just screwed everything up.
♠ ♠ ♠
(Sorry for lack of updates)