The Rising

Colette

I heard the noises coming from everywhere as I continued to run. I had no clue how long I had been running into a tripped over a tree branch and quickly jumped back up raising my bat looking around. No one was there. I let out a sigh of relief then gasped.

No one is here…
No one at all…
No one.

Where are the others? I began to back up slowly and jumped when I hit something. I quickly turned around and hit it with the bat; luckily the bat did not break but the tree branch did. I gave a small sigh as I slid down and sat on the floor thinking of what to do now. I looked up toward the sky and noticed the sun slowly setting; the ground is not a good place to stay. I quickly jumped up and picked up my stuff as an idea came to me. I began to climb the tree trying to find a stable branch. Before I knew it I found a comfy position with my back against the tree trunk and straddled the tree. My bag was right in front of my opened as I looked through the stuff. I opened the book and took out the pen from my bag; I had nothing better to do?
“Dear Whoever Reads This,
The world is still ending, but I survived a little longer. The only problem is that I don’t know about my friends, they disappeared and I am hiding in a tree atm like Katniss. I would rather be in the Hunger Games then here. We traveled to a different state, I don’t know exactly which one since the plane we were in crashed, I might have a concussion from it or am slowly going insane. When I woke up after the crash I saw the other three as zombies. I don’t know what else to write, so hopefully I can write more soon.
~Colette”
I heard a noise coming from underneath me and I looked down quickly to see a hoard of zombies walking by. I put my hand over my mouth to stop my own scream of terror and then grabbed my bag tightly. I blinked a few times and looked at them then frowned. They were gone, it was a hallucination…
I put the journal back and noticed the bloody notes in my bag. I frowned as I took them out and opened them. I tried to read it but quickly realized it was written in some foreign language. I folded the paper back up and stuff it into my bag and looked back at my hands that were now covered in blood. I tried to wipe it off unsuccessfully; it just caused it to spread more. I finally stopped frustrated to realize that the blood was a figment of my imagination. I am going crazy… I took a deep breath and closed my eyes while I leaned my head on the tree trunk.

***


I opened my eyes to see the orange light from the sunrise peeking through the trees. I gave a small yawn; I did not even realize I fell asleep. I looked down toward the ground to see nothing there so I put my bag on my back and jumped down to the ground. I began to walk in a random direction hoping to see any of the others, and no zombies. Around noon I found a small town that looked like it could have been from an old western movie. All the buildings were made out of wood, and all the roads were dirt. Windows were broken, and doors hung off of their hinges while blood was splattered on the street.
I quickly went into the nearest building which was a tavern. The room looked like there was a bar fight that occurred there. Tables were knocked over; glass from broken bottles and blood covered the floor. I heard a strange noise coming from the street. I silently tip toed over toward the door and peered out to see a few walkers wandering the street. I quickly straightened myself up and backed away from the door toward the bar trying to make the least amount of noise and quickly hopped over to hide behind it.
Obviously, since I am incredibly lucky I heard them walk into the tavern. I closed my eyes hoping they did not wander toward the bar. When I opened my eyes all four of them were in front of me.
“No… no” I muttered blinking my eyes quickly praying this was a dream or a hallucination like the dream from the plane, or tree. My parents, and brothers stood in front of me giving me the same look the other three gave me, “please… don’t.” They didn’t listen. Malo was the first one to jump at me.

***


I nearly screamed and fell off the branch as my eyes shot open. A sigh of relief escaped my lips; it was a dream… all a dream. A small smile appeared on my face and disappeared as soon as I remembered the situation I was in. I was all alone in the middle of the woods while my cousin and friends were out there somewhere.
I wonder if everyone is alone, or I was the only one who was separated. What if they got attacked and turned? Tears began to form in my eyes. They have to be okay, they are okay! All of us can survive, right? At least until we find each other again, because we will find each other. We can’t stay separated forever…
Just then my pocket began to vibrate. Wait vibrate? It took me a few minutes to remember I took my phone from my aunt’s house and I quickly yanked it out of my pocket. Someone out there is alive at least! I unlocked my phone and saw it was from my brother Alois and a smile appeared on my face. I clicked on read and the smile disappeared as quickly as it arrived.
“They are all dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dodger - We know about the spelling and grammar eras, and I will try to fix the spacing. For the accent thing we believe its better to write with the accent then plainly stating it. It's funner to write ^.^