The Rising

Colette

They are all dead… could he be serious? Could they be serious? Did my brother send this or… I quickly replied writing the only thing that could come in my mind, “who is this?” I quickly pushed the phone deep into my pocket and closed my eyes leaning my head on the trunk. Where is everyone? I opened my eyes then looked down. I couldn’t stay here much longer; my legs were beginning to feel numb.
I looked around and saw nothing then jumped down. With the bat raised I made my way through the woods looking for any other kind of shelter. I walked into my legs could not take another step and I sat under a tree. I took out the water bottle from my bag and took a small sip trying to ration it off. After a while I continued to walk being to scared to stay in the same spot for too long. I did not stop again till noon when my legs were fighting every step and my pocket began to vibrate. I took my phone out and saw a new message and also noticed that the battery was half full. I opened the message and my eyes widened
”Your still alive cole? It‘s Alois.”

I leaned against a tree as I reread the message with tears in my eyes. Alois is still alive, he survived the attacked. I replied to the message through the tears saying, “yes, where are you? the others are dead? justin is alive but we got separated, aunt is dead.” I quickly pressed send and smiled. I continued to walk, the news giving me extra energy.
I continued to walk through the forest until I saw something that looked misplaced. I slowly walked toward it then gasped when I recognized it. I had walked in a circle; I was back at the plane. Unless this was another hallucination, which I hope not. I ran toward it and climbed in and closed the door behind me. I laid my stuff in side and looked out of the window. I did not know where everyone was at the moment but hopefully they come back here, a location we all know of. After a few minutes I laid down on the floor using my bag as pillow and my bat in my hand. I closed my eyes and began to drift off.

***


I opened my eyes and looked around to see I was on a couch. I sat up rubbing my eyes confuse and looked around. Everything in the room was white; the walls, ceiling, floor, TV, table under TV, coffee table, both arms chairs, the windows, hanging plants on either side of the window, and even my clothes. The only thing in the room that was not white was the couch I was laying on. It was white with a blood red design on it. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was not design, it was actual blood splattered. I rolled off the couch and jumped up staring at the blood on the couch then looked around for an exit. There were no doors, just the one window which looked like no help. I felt a pain in my side and looked down to see I was bleeding, and that my whole right side from my armpit down was covered in blood. I lifted up the white stained shirt to see that a huge bite was taken from my side.
“No… no…” I muttered backing up and letting go of my shirt. I looked around and noticed the room slowly morphing into something else. It was my aunt’s house and I saw Justin walking toward me holding a baseball bat that was raised above his head. Standing behind him was Alois who was looking at me terrified, “don’t Justin.”
“I have to, you’re a monster” he said poisonously. He did not look sad at all as he swung the bat at my head.

***


I shot up on the floor and remembered where I was. These nightmares are beginning to get worse; I then noticed a vibrating in my pocket. I took my phone out and saw he had replied.
”still in texas, where are you?”

“I have no clue, we were in a plane that crashed now in the woods w/ no clue where anyothers r” I replied truthfully and put the phone in my pocket. I was slightly surprised to have service out here. I took a deep breath then I heard a strange noise from out side. I quickly went toward the window and looked outside to see a couple of zombies out there heading straight for me. I quickly went to the back of the plane and got my bat then jumped out of plane with out thinking. I ran up to them and swung. The bat went right through them and they disappeared like smoke…
I am loosing it…
♠ ♠ ♠
(Sorry for the layout but every time I try to change it the whole thing screws up...)