The Rising

Justin

“It’s morning, we survived the night” Alfreda announced as she shook my awake. I opened my eye lids and looked around, somehow I felt more tired then usual. I looked around the small room to see new stuff but I did not ask. I just guessed the others went on an exploration of the house. Both Gustav and Colette looked nervous the four of us ate a small breakfast of canned fruit.
“I… I…” Gustav began but could not get the words out and looked at Colette for help.
Colette took a deep breath and began, “Gustav was listening to the radio last night that he found in one of the rooms. He heard something.” As she said that she walked over and picked up a small radio.
“What did you hear?” I asked confused.
“The vole vorld is comink to an end. It’s spreadink around ze world, everyone is becoming a zombie” he replied as both Alfreda and I stared at him in shock. Silence filled the room; nobody talked or moved. The only thing I could hear was wind in the trees outside and the zombies outside.
“What should we do now?” I asked
“We should stay here for at least half of the day” Alfreda suggested.
“I think we should stay here for as long as we can, until this place becomes unsafe” Colette said nervously, I could help but think she was hiding something from us. Just then there was a loud noise from downstairs. Everybody quickly jumped up and went into action. We quickly put everything in bags, this includes some of the new stuff that I never seen before and we got our weapons out. We silently walked out of the room to see nothing on the second floor. We walked to the stairs to see it downstairs. It was the one from yesterday; he was just roaming around the hallway not seeing any of us. I got nervous, if we heard the sound of him getting in maybe the others in the front did. Before I knew it Alfreda had ran down the stairs with the bat and swung at it’s head before he could even turn. His head went flying toward the front door and everything was quiet.
“You’re a jinx Colette” I whispered as I looked at her. She looked scared.
“You think we should leave now?” Colette asked as we walked down the stairs and toward the door the zombie broke. The door was no completely broke, only the glass down. It somehow opened the second door with out opening it.
“Half of the day still, leave then” Alfreda said.
Gustav cleared his throat and asked, “zen go vere?”
“We will figure it out as we go” I replied. We went back upstairs and finished packing up the stuff, “where did all the new stuff come from?”
“I brought the food, medical books, screwdriver, flashlight, batters, and etc. I don’t know about the stuff animal or the other books” Colette answered.
“I got the rest of the stuff” Alfreda added as we all sat down silently. Gustav took one of the medical books and began reading it as Alfreda began to read one of her books. Colette was writing in some book. I gave a small sigh as I stood up and walked toward the window. The group seemed to have gotten small over night. As I watched I noticed most of them walking toward the Wal-marts. I had an urge to laugh but I surpressed it. The zombies that weren’t going to the store were just walking into each other and occasionally trying to eat each other. If they did not want to eat me I would be laughing my ass off.
“Vat are you looking at?” Gustav asked from behind me.
“The zombies, it’s actually sort of funny if you don’t think about how where once you’re family and friends and they now want to eat your flesh” I answered and I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see them coming to look.
I turned back to the window and heard Colette say, “this is weird.” From the corner of my eye I saw her walk back to her spot and look at the book that she was writing in. I went back to looking outside; their was still a sort of big crowd of zombies there. I wonder why they are on this street.
“Where did she go?” I heard Alfreda ask. I turned around to see what she meant and realized Colette was not there anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comment <3