Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 9

Oh my fucking god, where the hell am I now? Fun Ghoul thought to himself as he tried to look around him, but all he saw was black. He couldn’t even see his hand in front of him when he lifted it up. Soon, he felt like he was starting to fade into nothing, like he didn’t exist, when there was a sudden beam of white light. The darkness quickly fled as the light got brighter and brighter, filling the expanse with more white. Soon enough, the darkness had vanished altogether, showing the white nothingness again. He heard someone that sounded like they were trying to catch a breath after running for five hours without a break, making Fun Ghoul turn around to see the girl again, both her eyes green again.
“This, is why, you never run, after her…” the girl panted, taking breaks to catch her breath every few words, “Or else, she sends me, after you, and that kills me, you moron!”
“Where-who are you?” Fun Ghoul asked, his voice slightly going up an octave as he talked.
“My name’s Pandora,” the girl replied, finally standing on her feet, though she was still slightly doubled-over, trying to recompose herself. “I’m in charge of bringing people’s souls back here if they’re wanted for the Second Chance Division.”
“The what?”
“The Second Chance Division, it’s a secret organization whose purpose is to bring BL/I down in flames. We already have one of your team mates there, but we need more help.”
“Who?”
“I don’t know his name, but he probably has the most scarlet hair I’ve ever seen.”
“Party Poison?” Fun Ghoul asked, taking a step towards Pandora, “Where is he, and where are the others?”
“They’re alive, and if you want, then you can come back, or you can stay here and go insane, being alone forever.”
“Well,” Fun Ghoul said, obviously contemplating the ideas. “when you put it like that, I guess I don’t really have a choice.”
“Fantastic, now” Pandora said happily, sticking her hand out towards the man standing before her. “If you want, we can leave right now, but I would have to get dropped off first.”
“Dropped off?”
“Of course, did you think that I lived here?” Agreeing with what she said, Fun Ghoul reluctantly put his hand into hers, quickly realizing how soft her skin was, and in an instant, the world of white was no more.

“So, you’re saying that a dead girl went to get Fun Ghoul’s soul?” Kobra Kid asked sarcastically, crossing his arms in disbelief.
“See, I told you that you wouldn’t believe me.” Rose said, her voice starting to fall into a monotone as she started to stare out into space. “And she’s not dead, in fact, she’s quite the opposite. She’s been alive ever since our first day of living.”
“Yeah, right,” Kobra replied, his voice now dripping with sarcasm.
“Kobra,” Jet Star said calmly, placing a hand on Kobra’s shoulder. “Can we talk about this a little more, privately?”
“Sure,” Kobra said, quickly eyeing Rose, as if sizing her up in a fight, and turned his back on her, the two men walking towards the door, their voices hushed as they whispered back and forth. Rose continued to sit like a statue, not doing anything, her breathing gradually getting slower, her chest feeling empty.
Where are you? She thought out, only hearing echoes as a reply. Her breathing finally stopped altogether, when she felt something warm on her shoulder, as well as the warm breath of someone as they breathed out their words into her ear.
“So you’re the Rose that she told me about?” the voice whispered, the words barely audible over their breath, but she could still make out the words. She whipped her head around to see Fun Ghoul, a small smirk growing on his face.
“P-Pandora?” Rose asked, her voice no more than a whisper. “are you in there?”
“Yea, she’s in here, and she wants to go back.” Fun Ghoul said softly, helping Rose onto her feet. The subtle movement caught Jet’s peripherals, but he paid it no mind as he continued to talk to Kobra. Rose got up slowly and quietly, keeping constant eye contact with Fun Ghoul, who graciously returned the connection.
“Then let her come back,” Rose said, fresh tears starting to brim her eyelids. “I miss her.” There was a sudden look of mischief in Fun Ghoul’s eyes as he pulled her in, their faces only inches away.
“Hey,” Jet Star said, nudging Kobra Kid to turn around, finally deciding to acknowledge that Fun Ghoul was up and moving. Though by the time that Kobra turned around to see behind him, Fun Ghoul and Rose’s mouths were together, open, and letting Pandora travel between them.

“Alright, just keep the connection up until I give you the signal, then you can have total control of your body again.” Pandora told Fun Ghoul as the two of them stood in front of the opening, which was starting to get a wind current. “I’ll be in charge of the girl’s body for a while, that way I can help you get out of the morgue.”
“Along with getting the others out of this place and to this ‘Second Chance’ thing you were talking about?” Fun Ghoul asked, looking intently at Pandora. “Cause if not, then what would be the point in bringing all of us back?”
“Don’t worry, I’ll get you all out of here, just remember to make a mad dash for your brain once I go, cause once I’m out, I’m out.”
“Got it,” he replied, turning his back from the opening, starting to walk away. “I’ll see you soon then, I guess.”
“Yep, see you.” Pandora then leaned forward, allowing the opening in front of her to swallow her up as she fell, leaving Fun Ghoul’s body and entering her own.

For a moment, nothing happened, making Rose feel slightly anxious. Whenever Pandora would go back for a soul, she would flow back in as soon as the passage was opened. Though she seemed to be taking her time on the way back, which was odd. Though after a quick minute, she felt something flowing in her, filling up the emptiness that was made when Pandora left. Soon enough, she felt Pandora’s presence once again, and graciously stood aside when she felt Pandora’s sudden desire for the body.
Feels good to be back, Pandora thought to both Rose and herself as she pulled her head back, breaking the connection. Fun Ghoul’s face looked blank and confused, as if he was trying to remember what had just happened. Though the blank face was only there for a moment, which was quickly replaced by a look that seemed to be mixing shock, confusion, and something else that she never saw before.
“Pandora?” Fun Ghoul asked, his voice slightly wavering, looking into the girl’s now-green eyes.
“In the flesh,” Pandora replied, a smile crawling over her lips, but quickly vanishing in an instant. “Now, can you let go of me?” Fun Ghoul looked down to see his arms wrapped around the girl’s slender waist, keeping her close to him. Being careful not to run into anything, he unwrapped his arms from Pandora’s waist and backed up a couple steps, putting a fair amount of space between them.
“Sorry,” Fun Ghoul said, taking one more step back, just to add the extra distance between the two of them. For some reason, he felt like no matter how far back he stood, he would feel even closer to her.
“Ghoul?” Kobra asked, taking a step towards Fun Ghoul, Jet Star following.
“Hey guys,” Ghoul replied, pasting a smile on his face, injecting happiness into his voice so that nobody would hear or see what he was feeling inside. “Long time no see.”
“Look, you guys can do any kind of reconnecting later, after we get you guys out of here.” Pandora said, turning and taking a seat on the table, the three men now standing in front of her. “Of course, you guys won’t like the escape method.”
“And how’s that?” Kobra Kid asked, crossing his arms back over his chest, his frown etched into his face.
“Because,” Pandora said both carefully and carefree. “You would have to pretend to be mindless robots for the boss of BL/I.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There, no one has to mourn anymore, unless it was for Dylan. If you were mourning for Dylan, then keep up the waterworks, cause I'm afraid he's not coming back. I'm so psyched that this is the tenth thing in the book, and I hope you guys like it too and keep reading :)