Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 11

The sun was just starting to set when Fun Ghoul, who was now suppose to be called Envy, was walking down the hall that led to his new room. His head was killing him after being confused and annoyed by the identity thing with Dez and Vengeance, as well as trying to remember what hallways led where. These two things combined gave him the throbbing headache that now clung onto him like a slug.
“Hey,” someone behind him said from a distance. Slowly, as not to make his head feel worse, he turned around to see Alix come striding down the hall, catching up with Envy, but quickly stopping when he saw a slight look of pain on Envy’s face. “You alright?”
“Yeah, just my head trying to kill me.” Envy said as he rubbed the side of his head, putting a pathetic smile on his face.
“Headache? Don’t worry, we all ended up getting one after we got settled, it was a lot to take in.” Alix said, a sympathetic smile gracing his lips. “But I would personally try the roof if you have a headache. The night air out here can really help your head, no matter what’s going on in there.”
“Thanks,” Envy said, going on his way to the roof after getting the directions from Alix, who was ‘happy to help out a fellow co-worker’. Envy walked for a while, trying to remember which hallways he had to go down while his head started to feel like it was growing a pulse of its own. The pain was bordering excruciating when he found the stairs that Alix told him to take. Skipping every other step, he hiked his way up the stairs until he found an industrialized metal door at the top. He turned the knob, making the door squeal open. Once he got past the door that was apparently designed to close the second it was opened, what he saw took the breath out of his lungs.
The sun was almost set, enough of it showing so that its final rays turned the sky into a mix of purples, reds, and oranges. There was a soft wind that blew past him, making his hair slightly move with the breeze, as well as blowing his headache away into infinity. Though the only thing that didn’t belong was the sound of someone crying. He looked for the source of the sound when he found a person curled up into a ball, their crying ragged, as if they had been there all afternoon. Being quiet, he walked over to the person, and sat down next to them, whom had heard him coming, and tried to quiet their tears.
“Relax, I come in peace,” Envy joked, trying to make the person do something, though when they did nothing, he continued talking. “Just wanted to see the sunset. I had a killer headache and sunsets always seem to help my head, so I figured I would come here and clear out my head. What about you, you like sunsets?”
“Sunrises are better,” the person croaked, their voice clearly showing that they hadn’t talked in a long time, the voice was defiantly a girls.
“How’s that?” Envy asked, leaning back on his hands, looking at the different colors in the sky. The girl started to slowly sit up, pulling their arms out as their legs started to stretch out in front of them. Only her head stayed in the position it was before, hung low, with her short black hair entirely covering her face. Envy had sworn that he didn’t see a girl with that kind of hair downstairs earlier, but he didn’t let the thought linger in his head.
“Because it’s a more positive symbol.” The girl said, raising her head up, but leaving her hair to cover her face. “A sunset symbolizes goodness being killed by the evil, while a sunrise symbolizes the rising hope in people.”
“For someone who’s been crying in a sunset, what you said was a well-worded argument. Though when you think of it, a sunset and a sunrise are both done with the same sun, so they both symbolize hope.”
“Good reply, and I don’t cry like this,” the girl said as a part of her black hair moved, showing a tear-stained eye, the iris a bright emerald green. “It’s been so long, I don’t even remember the last time I was like this.”
“Crying in a sunset?”
“No, the last time I took this appearance,” she said softly as she pushed her hair back behind her ears, making Envy gasp. The girl had a pale complexion, her hair raven-black like Rose’s, but was the same length as Pandora’s hair. Her lips looked swollen, as if she had been biting them to keep from making noise and ended up breaking the skin. There were slight traces of tear stains showing on her cheeks. Her eyes looked like Rose’s when she was in the waiting place before the darkness, but were duller, like there was no light in the world. Envy noticed a flash of gold out of his peripherals, finally noticing the gold collar-like choker that both Rose and Pandora wore at all times.
“Pandora?” he asked, his voice soft. She looked at him out of the corner of her eye, and quickly chuckled.
“This scares you, doesn’t it? It reminds you of that darkness that devoured you, the darkness that I had to save you from,” she said, her voice dull, like her eyes. “The only difference is that you got to escape from that darkness, while I got trapped in it, unable to be free from it.”
“Stop,” Envy whispered, staring at the girl, new tears brimming her eyes as she stared into the sun in front of her, which was almost dead, the night starting to take hold of the sky. “Please.”
“Then again, my whole life is like that. I was trapped, either in the darkness, or in innocent people’s blood. There was never any escape for me, and there probably never will be one.”
“Stop,” he loudly said, turning her to face him and grabbed her arms, keeping her from turning away when he talked. “Don’t say those things around me. There’s no way that any of that’s true, and you know it.”
“Then explain this to me.” Pandora said, a growl implanted in her voice. “Explain to me how the days of isolation and depression are good. Explain to me how anyone that made me happy, or tried to pull me out of the darkness, got killed off. Explain to me how that was a good thing.” The roof was silent, except for the sound the wind made blowing against the cement that made up the roof. Envy sat there, transfixed as the tears finally fell over her eyelids, making new tears fall down the old tear stains, and onto the concrete. “You can’t, can you?” she finally asked, the growl gone and replaced with a slightly broken tone. “You have no idea how to explain this to me, just admit it.”
“You’re right,” Envy said, his voice low as his hair fell in front of his eyes. “I can’t tell you how those things are good.”
“You see?”
“Let me finish, please. I can’t tell you how those things are good, but I can tell you this. The future is waiting for you, and there’s bound to be good moments when you can get out of the darkness, and I’m gonna promise you something. I am going to help you out of the darkness that you seem to be trapped in. I don’t care if I have to take your place, but I will free you. So don’t worry, cause if you ever feel like this again, I’ll help you out of it.”
“I-I can’t believe it,” Pandora said, the tears seeming to slow, her eyes staring straight into Envy’s eyes. “I thought it was impossible.”
“What?”
“I never thought that someone would care like you do, especially for someone like me.”
“Well, I do care, so don’t worry,” Envy said, pulling Pandora into him, allowing her to cling to him. She grabbed fistfuls of his shirt and doubled over crying, not sure if they were tears of joy or sadness.
If only I could tell him what I want to, but I would scare him away. I’ll wait until I tell him the whole truth. The two stayed like this, Pandora crying into Envy’s shirt while he comforted her, even after the sun had died and the moon was poised right above them. He stayed awake and there for her, even after her tears had stopped and her breath evened out in sleep, no matter how cold the night air was.
Sleep Pandora, you need the rest, Envy thought as he picked her up, grabbing the choker off the roof as he carried her down to his room. Gently, so as not to wake her, he tried to lay her down onto his bed, but she wouldn’t let go of his shirt. He didn’t want to try to pull his shirt out of her hands, or she might wake up. So, being careful not to wake her, he slid out of the shirt he was wearing, letting her sleep peacefully. He took one last look at her face, and smirked in the dark as he walked over to the wall next to the foot of the bed, swiping up the shirt he was wearing when he got to the Second Chance Division. He quickly pulled that on as he slid down the wall until he was sitting, almost ready to pass out from exhaustion. Glancing up at the bed one more time, he saw her face, calm and serene; clutching the shirt like it was her anchor that kept her from floating away into a different world. There was a faint smile on her lips, which didn’t look so swollen anymore.
She looks like a little kid when she sleeps, Envy noticed as he drifted off, finally letting sleep conquer him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just had to explain why she went emotional in the last chapter, cause even I got confused when I just left it like that.