Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 12

Pandora woke up, her eyes feeling heavy and her face feeling wet. Her memory of what happened yesterday was fuzzy. She didn’t want to open her eyes, but she reluctantly opened one up a crack to see which wall she was facing. Instead of the silver and purple wall scheme she painted in her room, she saw a dark gray wall, which made the room look dark. Quickly opening both her eyes, her memory finally cleared, allowing her to remember what had happened. She was crying on the roof, surrounded by darkness, when Fun Ghoul came up and helped her, gradually pulling her out of her darkness. The last thing she remembered was falling asleep, clinging to his shirt. She felt something soft clenched in her left hand, so she brought her fist up to find the shirt Fun Ghoul was wearing last night. Looking quickly around the room, she found Fun Ghoul, sleeping on the floor near the foot of the bed, his back to the wall.
Was he sitting there when he fell asleep? Pandora thought to herself, sitting up in the bed. She felt a little light-headed, but that was probably from crying so much last night. She found her choker on the floor next to the bed, which was next to a crumpled piece of paper that laid under the bed itself. Quietly getting up off the bed, she located a pen on the far side of the room and wrote Fun Ghoul a quick note before sneaking out of the room, leaving his shirt folded on the bed, with the note on top of it. She silently closed the door behind her and started back towards the roof, putting her choker back on.
“Wonder if he’ll understand the note,” she said to herself, both her eyes turning emerald green as she put the choker back on.

Envy woke with a start, hearing a door click close. He looked up at the bed, but found there was nobody on it anymore. He got up off the floor, using the wall behind him as a support , and walked over to the bed. He found the shirt she was sleeping with folded up neatly and laid on the bed, a note sat on top of the shirt. The name Fun Ghoul was written across the top of the note. Knowing that she didn’t know his new name, Envy picked up the note reading the contents inside the folded piece of paper.
Fun Ghoul,
It’s time for the sun to rise on a new day. Thanks for all you did yesterday; you really helped me out of my darkness. ~P
Envy understood the note perfectly. Stuffing the note into his pants pocket, he pulled the door open, not caring who was behind him as he made his way up to the roof.
This girl must really love sunrises, Envy thought to himself as he pulled the door that led to the roof open, stepping onto the cement from last night. The sky was dark, the moon almost gone as the stars twinkled brightly in the sky, the air still cold. It was hard to see, but he did notice a dark silhouette sitting near the edge, blocking the stars in that area. Being careful not to fall over the edge, he sat down next to the silhouette and stared straight out in front of him.
“You’re persistent, aren’t you?” Pandora said, sneaking a look out of the corner of her eye before looking back into the horizon.
“My name’s not Fun Ghoul anymore,” Envy said, resting on his hands again as he sat there. “It’s Envy now.”
“Understood,” she said, her face falling. “I just didn’t know what your new name was, so I used the only name I knew.” The roof was quiet for a moment, the sky lightening as the sun started to rise up into the sky. The roof started lightening up, making Envy’s surroundings easier to notice.
“Hey,” he said, trying to get rid of the silence. “Are you alright?”
“You mean after last night?”
“Yeah.”
“Yeah, I’m alright,” Pandora said, her gaze going down towards the ground. “And thanks for all you did yesterday, it really helped me out.”
“No problem, besides, it wasn’t that big of a deal anyways.” Envy said. “So quit sayin’ thanks all the time, it’s not like I saved your life or anything.”
“That’s the thing,” Pandora said, her tone starting to sound serious. “You actually did save my life last night.”
“Please, you were just sitting there, what were you gonna do, jump off the building?”
“No, that’s not true suicide,” Pandora said, finally looking up at Envy. “That’s just getting murdered by a natural cause. True suicide is when you can kill yourself without anything from the outside. Though few people can truly kill themselves, so everyone else started to call the inanimate murders suicide.” This made Envy turn his head to look at Pandora, instantly having his gaze returned.
“What’s with the dark thoughts?” Envy said, slightly concerned.
“I’ve always had dark thoughts, you just haven’t been around me long enough to notice them,” she replied sincerely. “Though seriously, do you remember how I looked last night?” she asked, turning her head back towards the quickly brightening sky. “Ever since I was little, ever since I became aware of our powers and of Rose, the two of us swore that when we died, we would both be on the surface. We made it so that we both come out when we were about to die.”
“Were you ever like that before?” Envy asked, never turning his gaze from Pandora, taking in her features.
Her pale complexion, showing in contrast with her bright green eyes, was filled with sadness and pain. The snakebites below her lips started to shine in the morning light, their silver color turning white from the light.
“Only one other time,” Pandora said, leaning back on her own hands, clearly studying the features in the pure blue sky. “But Deryn helped me out of that one.”
“Deryn?”
“Yeah, we were both raised by the same woman, since my mom was dead, and hers’ was always working, so she might as well have been living there. The two of us were inseparable back then. Although, a squad of BL/I goons were causing terror, and they ended up killing the woman that watched over us like a mother. The boss was with them, and he took us in and raised us in the BL/I headquarters. There we grew, and I learned about my powers, as well as Rose.
“The boss knew of my powers, and he trained me to use them for evil purposes, like theft and even murders. One day he even tried to make kill Deryn, but I refused. He was furious, and threatened to kill me like the lady who had raised us. I was only ten at the time, so naturally, I was scared and ran to my room, crying. Once I got there, I realized that I looked different, not as Rose or myself, but as someone in between the two. Then thoughts came rushing into my head, thoughts of how I was better off dead, and how I should kill myself before the boss could. Luckily, Deryn came in and calmed me down, and when I told her what the boss wanted me to do, the two of us snuck out and I hid her here, creating the Second Chance Division.”
“Really?” was all that Envy was able to say as he saw a young Pandora and Deryn in his head, hiding in a shack from the boss.
“Yep, I owe her my life for saving me, and now I owe you as well,” Pandora said, turning her head back to look at Envy. “Cause you saved me as well.”
“What can you even do?”
“Maybe I’ll show you sometime, if the time ever comes,” Pandora replied, getting up onto her feet. “Anyways, the sun’s up enough, so it’s time for breakfast.”
“What do you guys have for food, anyways?” Envy asked, expecting to hear about the BL/I canned food that people ate everywhere.
“We’ve got fruits, vegetables, some types of meat, bread, and a few dairy products.”
“Really?”
“Of course, we’re bound to get actual food when we raid the BL/I food shipments each month,” Pandora said, turning towards the door. “What did you expect, air and saliva?”
“No, I jus-”
“Well anyhow, I suggest you hurry up before the sisters get down there, we don’t need a repeat of their last kitchen battle.” And with that, Pandora walked through the door, going to the kitchen area. Envy sat and stared at the sky a minute longer, before sighing contently, getting up, and leaving the roof to go get some actual food.
It’s been a while, hope she wasn’t bluffing, Envy thought as he walked down the stairs to the living area, his stomach empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really know why I wrote this chapter, I just did for some reason.