Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 14

Alix was already up and ready when Envy came around, so he asked Alix to go get Kobra Kid, who was now called Vain. Meanwhile Envy went to go get Vengeance and Jet Star, or Greif as he chose, considering how Life Bomb would be feeling when he chose his name. Both Alix and Envy agreed to meet up in the kitchen area in thirty minutes with the rest of the guys, and like a bullet, the two were off to get their men.
Getting Vain and Greif up was easy enough, but Envy and Greif ended up spending ten minutes on getting Vengeance out of bed, finally getting him motivated when Envy promised him a pot of coffee. Within five minutes, all the guys were sitting around the island, drinking coffee, talking about their experiences. They were talking about past flings, their old lives, and anything that came up. During this, everyone that was once a Killjoy learned that Alix was killed by a BL/I agent that tried to kidnap his younger brother, and that he was going to be a famous impressionistic artist after collage. He still didn’t know what had happened to his brother after he was shot, and he never wanted to ask Pandora, because “She had enough going on at the time, and I didn’t feel like imposing.”
It was noon when Pandora walked into the kitchen, her head held high, and her voice stern. The guys looked up at Pandora while Vengeance looked at the now-empty coffee pot with longing. Pandora paid no mind to that as she spoke, keeping constant eye contact with Envy. “Sorry to interrupt your afternoon coffee break, but all five of you are needed in the living area, now.”
“Yes ma’am,” Alix said as the guys got up off the stools they were sitting on. They followed Pandora down the halls until they were in the now familiar room. Deryn and C.C. were standing near the radio, neither of them talking as Pandora walked up to them.
“What’s going on?” Vain asked looking around the room, realizing the large amount of people scattered in the room. Greif just looked around, saying nothing as he glanced at the back of Vain’s head, which now had dark brown hair that was longer on one side, having one eye covered. Greif stole a look at Envy’s hair and noticed that his was shaved; only a little bit of his black hair showing its existence, and soon enough he started to wonder what his looked like. However, before he could find out, Pandora stepped up onto one of the chairs, Deryn and C.C. flanking her as the two stood on the ground.
“Hey, listen up,” Pandora yelled, drawing the scattered clumps of people together, forming one large swarm. “For a while now, we have been waiting to move, but we never had enough people to do anything. Though we can now start with the master plan to take down BL/I, but we need willing people that can go with us to start phase one. Deryn has already volunteered to come, so we need five more people that are capable of persuasion, as well as self-defense.”
“I’ll go,” the blue and blond-haired girl said, taking a step forward, her head high on her shoulders.
“Thank you, Alice, anyone else?” Deryn asked, motioning for the girl to come stand next to her. The room was quiet for a minute before someone else spoke up. Though Envy did a double take when he realized the one who spoke was Greif.
“I’m going,” he said, stepping out of the mass. “It’s time to end this, once and for all.”
“Very well then, please step forward,” C.C. said, slightly nodding her head towards Greif. Making his way, he walked forward until he was standing next to Alice, staring intently at Vengeance and the others.
“So, we need three more people, anyone else going?” Pandora asked, looking over the mass. Vengeance looked out of the corner of his eye to see Envy, slightly nodding his head in silent agreement. Slightly turning his head towards Vain, he looked at his brother, who nodded his head. Looking forward, the three took a step forward, Vengeance speaking for the other two.
“We’re going, whether you like it or not,” Vengeance said, making both Pandora and Deryn turn to look at the trio. “Cause if you have one of us, you’re stuck with the rest of us.” A small smile quickly graced Deryn’s lips before it vanished.
“Then it’s settled,” Pandora said, hopping off the chair, continuing her sentence once her feet touched ground. “The ones that have volunteered will come with me to start the master plan. The rest of you will stay here and keep an eye out for any unusual activity. And Dez,” Pandora said, looking towards Dez’s general direction. “You will be in charge while we’re gone.”
“What?”C.C. gasped, turning her head to look at Pandora in shock.
“Dez will be in charge,” Pandora said again, her tone hard as she glared at C.C. out of the corner of her eye. “And she will stay that way until either I return, or she dies in battle with a BL/I member, understood?”
“Yes miss,” C.C. said, defeated as she slumped her shoulders forward.
“Then those who are leaving, grab your bags and pack some clothes for the trip, cause we leave tonight.” Pandora stated. Finally exiting the room before throwing one last short sentence over her shoulder, “That is all.”

Vengeance was throwing a few extra shirts into the dark brown backpack he found under the bed when he heard someone banging on his door. Quickly zipping the bag closed, he abandoned the bag and went to open the door, practically getting ran over by Deryn as she barged into the room, looking everywhere for something.
“Missing something?” Vengeance asked, closing the door behind him as he looked at Deryn, who was tearing up the closet.
“More like someone,” she replied, abandoning the closet as she got onto her knees to look under the bed. “I can’t find Pandora. She wasn’t in her room, her bag was gone, and she wasn’t in the living area when I checked. The only other place she would be would be is with someone that was going on a mission.”
“Well, she never came here,” Vengeance said as Deryn stood up, only to plop down onto the bed. “Did you check with Envy, cause they seemed to be talking a lot amongst themselves.”
“Of course, but when I went to his room, he was gone too. It’s like the two of them just ran without the rest of us.”
“I’m sure that didn’t happen, maybe they went somewhere to think things out. You guys got a quiet place here, right?”
“Yeah, but I don’t see what…” Deryn started to say before her eyes grew wide, her sentence fading off into a new one. “I’m a moron.”
“How’s that?”
“Pandora always goes up to the roof whenever she needs to think. I can’t believe I forgot that.”
“Hey, can I ask you something?” Vengeance asked, sitting down on the bed next to Deryn.
“Sure.”
“Why are you always around Pandora so much?”
“So that if anything happens, I can help her out. Besides, I owe her big time for what she did.”
“Why, what’d she do?”
“She saved my life back when we were both little,” Deryn said, looking down to the floor. “We were both being raised in the BL/I headquarters, and Pandora was being trained to use her abilities for the corporation’s benefit. When they were trying to see if she could kill, they sicked her on me. Though before she was suppose to kill me, she snuck me out and hid me here. If she hadn’t had done that, then I’d be dead right now.”
“Oh,” Vengeance said, looking down at his hands. “But what happened after that?”
“She went back and said that I had escaped, and that she looked everywhere for me. After that, she kept helping more and more people, eventually making the Second Chance Division.”
“So, if it wasn’t for Pandora and you…”
“You and your friends would still be dead. Hell, I’d be dead if it wasn’t for Pandora,” Deryn said as she got up off the bed, quickly pulling up her pants as she spoke. “Anyways, I’m gonna go and see if she’s up on the roof. If you’re ready, then grab a quick bite and head back to the living area with your bag.”
“Alright, see ya later,” Vengeance said as Deryn started to make her way out of the room. Though before she went through the door, she froze, the door open and her hand on the knob.
“Thanks,” Deryn said, keeping her face towards the hall. “It felt good to tell someone that.” Then she was gone, closing the door behind her, leaving Vengeance sitting on the bed. Thinking for a quick moment, he finally decided to get some food before they left. Picking up the bag, he made his way back to the kitchens, hopefully not for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keeping them all in the HQ was getting a lil old, so I'm getting them out and about for a few chapters, after the next one, i think. Oh well, you'll find out soon enough ;)