Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 15

There was an unfinished omelet in the fridge of the kitchen that Vengeance went in. Looking for any trace of ownership, but not finding any, he took it, grabbed a fork, and started eating the omelet at the island. He had gotten three bites out of it when he heard Envy come in with a black drawstring bag, who stopped after a step into the room. It was quiet for a minute before Envy spoke.
“Hey man, what the fuck?” Envy asked, sounding slightly pissed as Vengeance swallowed the bite he had in his mouth. “I was gonna eat that!”
“Sorry, I thought it was up for grabs, since there wasn’t anything that showed ownership.” Vengeance started to explain before he asked a question that threw Envy off guard. “Hey, have you seen Pandora anywhere?” Envy’s eyes showed fear for a moment, but then quickly went back to normal.
“Nope, haven’t seen her since the meeting.” Envy replied, shrugging his shoulders casually as he looked to the side. Now Vengeance knew that Envy was hiding something, or else he would’ve ignored the question and kept going on about the omelet. However, he kept his mouth shut until Envy was sitting down at the island. “What am I, her keeper?”
“No, but Deryn is.” Vengeance started, Deryn’s name automatically catching Envy’s attention. “And she came by my room earlier looking for Pandora. She said that she checked your room, but you weren’t there. I suggested the roof, and she was off. You know anything about where Pandora was?”
“Nope,” Envy started to say, but before he could get past the O, Deryn busted through the door, looking madder than ever. She grabbed Envy’s arm roughly and practically pulled him off his chair as she turned him to look at her. Her eyes looked like she was ready to kill.
“What did you do to Pandora?” Deryn practically roared as she glared at Envy, keeping a vice grip hold on Envy’s arm, so that he couldn’t turn away.
“Nothing!” Envy said, trying to squirm his arm out of Deryn’s grasp, but ended up failing epically.
“Don’t you lie to me, you asshole, I know you did something to her!” Deryn growled, her face starting to turn red from rage. “Now tell me what you did to her!”
“I’m telling you, I didn’t do anything to her, now will you let go of my arm?” Envy said, a mix of anger and fear tinting his voice as he tried to get his arm free again.
“What’s going on?” Vengeance asked, abandoning the omelet completely and rising to his feet. Deryn looked from Vengeance, to Envy, and back. Finally, she threw Envy’s arm back to its owner, looking pissed while she did it, and turned to face Vengeance, her arms now crossed over her torso.
“I was going up to the roof like I said, and once I got up there, I found Pandora, though she was acting different. I would’ve thought she was just under pressure, considering the mission starts tonight, but on the way to the roof, who do I bump into but Envy, who was oh so conveniently leaving the roof when I walked by.”
“That doesn’t mean anything!” Envy said, clearly offended by being accused.
“Then why did you look worried when I asked you where Pandora was?” Vengeance asked, making his way around the island so that he was standing on the same side as the other two. Envy’s eyes showed the same fear that they did when Vengeance had first asked, and it had left as quickly as it had came.
“I didn’t, and you stay outta this!” Envy said harshly, jabbing a finger at Vengeance.
“Alright, I’ll stay outta this, but just answer me this one question.” Vengeance said, not breaking his movement until he was standing in front of Envy, Deryn blocking Envy’s only way of escape. “Why are you getting so worked up, if you didn’t do anything?” This time Envy’s eyes stayed in their fear-filled state, as he backed up into Deryn, who had pulled her gun on him. “And why do you look so worried right now, unless you’re hiding something.”
“I-I’m not,” Envy started to stammer out, now feeling the barrel of the gun pressing into his back. Beads of sweat started to form on his brow, his eyes darting frantically around for something to use. Remembering the bag that was left abandoned on the floor next to his feet, he ducked down and grabbed the black strings. He swung the bag around as he twirled back up, hitting Deryn and throwing her off balance, making her fall. Taking his opportunity, Envy jumped over the girl and made a break for it, abandoning the bag as he ran down the hall. Vengeance started to run after his teammate, jumping over Deryn as she got back up onto her feet, and grabbed the bag as he ran. He knew Envy was a good runner, but Vengeance was always faster than Envy, and it showed. In a few minutes, Vengeance had caught up with Envy and was dragging him in through the first door that they got to. Luckily enough, the room was empty. Keeping a firm grip on the bag, and his back to the door, Vengeance had Envy cornered.
“Now,” Vengeance said, trying to look strong while he caught his breath. “I know you’re hiding something. Now, we could go about this two different ways. You can either tell me, and I’ll help defend you against the gun-happy Deryn, or I can simply throw ya to her. Either way, you’re gonna tell me what’s goin’ on.”
“Look, I didn’t do anything wrong,” Envy said, looking slightly hurt.
“Suit yourself,” Vengeance said, turning to leave and reaching for the door.
“But,” Envy quickly said, making Vengeance stop and turn back around. “That doesn’t mean that I didn’t do anything at all. I did do something.”
“Which was?”
“I’ll tell ya, but you have to swear that you won’t tell anyone, especially Deryn.”
“I swear,” Vengeance said, holding up his right hand as an honorary gesture. “Now what did you do?”
“I,” Envy started to say, but stopped, ran his hand over his face, sighed deeply, and finally said. “I kissed her.”
“Oh, if that’s all, then,” Vengeance started to say before filtering it through his head, finally speaking when it was all processed. “Wait, you what?”
“You’re pissed, aren’t you?” Envy said, ignoring what Vengeance had asked.
“Are ya serious right now?” Vengeance asked, his anger-filled voice starting to raise as he talked. “You really did that?”
“You’re pissed,” Envy said, lowering his head in shame, “Sorry.”
“Sorry? Did you even think? Do you even have a brain in that dumb head of yours? Do you know how much you may have fucked things up, not only for us, but for the others as well?”
“Alright, first off,” Envy, said, lifting his head up so he could look Vengeance dead in the eyes. “Yes, I do have a brain in my head, or else your brother would still be trying to figuring out who you are, I just didn’t think at that moment too well.”
“Ya think?” Vengeance scoffed.
“Secondly, if I did fuck things up, then I’ll take the blame, since I did it. Finally, you have got to stop talking like Vain when your pissed, and actually give people time to answer between questions.”
“I’ll work on it.” Vengeance said sarcastically, sighing as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. “Why man, why did you do that?”
“It just happened, besides, I promised her.”
“You promised her that you’d kiss her?”
“No, I,” Envy started to try to say, but ended up groaning in frustration, huffing out a breath before talking. “Just look in the bag for a note.”
“Huh?” Vengeance asked, clearly caught off guard by the weird request.
“You won’t understand much unless you look at the note, just trust me.”
“Alright,” Vengeance said reluctantly as he opened the drawstring bag, digging through the pile of clothes, until he found a crumpled piece of paper at the bottom of the bag. Being careful not to pull out any clothes with it, he grabbed the note and pulled it out of the depths of the bag.
“Last night, after we got all the names and stuff figured out, I went to the roof ‘cause my head felt like it was getting ambushed without any guard. When I got up to the roof, I found Pandora up there, crying her eyes out, and talking about how the world would be better without her, how she wanted to get out of the darkness that her life held, which had a shitload of it, in my opinion.”
“Your name’s not Fun Ghoul anymore.” Vengeance said, looking at the side that had Envy’s old name scrawled in black ink.
“I know that, but that was the only name she knew at the time. Anyways, she was talking about how she was trapped in the darkness, that nobody cared enough to help her, and I felt sorry for her. I ended up promising her that I would help her out of the darkness, no matter what. She ended up crying until she fell asleep on the roof, and I brought her back in. When I woke up, I found that note, and went back up to the roof.”
“Huh,” Vengeance said, clearly not paying attention as he read the note, quickly closing it when he was done. “Well either way, we have to tell Deryn, or else she’s gonna want your head on a plate.”
“No way, if she found out, then my head will be on a plate.”
“That’s not true.”
“Vengeance, you saw how she was when she just accused me, without proof. If she found out, then she’d make the entire BL/I look like preschoolers attacking us with water pistols. No, if anyone should tell her what happened earlier, it should be Pandora herself. Then, they’ll have that whole special friendship thing that girls have to make it sound better than me saying it.”
“Then how’re we gonna get her off your back?”
“We’ll just say something like, the difference between a sunrise and night-time is barely noticeable, or something like that.”
“Alright, just one last question.” Vengeance said, putting the note back into the drawstring bag as he pulled on the strings, closing the hole at the top of the bag. “Who kissed who?”
“I think I did.”
“You think?”
“Like I said earlier, I wasn’t thinking too well at the moment, which meant that I wasn’t rememberin’ much either.”
“Ok then, here’s your bag back.” Vengeance replied as he tossed the drawstring bag back to Envy, who caught it at the level of his chest, and moved out of the way of the door. “And let’s go.” Envy looked at the door for a moment, then quickly tossed the drawstring bag over his shoulder and walked out the door, Vengeance staying close. They were both getting ready for Deryn’s attack, when she would find them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably the worst chapter I've written in a while.