Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 16

Deryn bought the sunrise insult excuse, as Envy now liked to call it. When she had found the guys, she was dragging Pandora down the hall by the wrist, trying to find Envy. Trying to coerce Pandora into telling, Pandora simply stated to ask Envy. This time, Envy told Deryn about how he had argued with Pandora on the roof about the differential of a sunrise and the nighttime. Pandora caught onto the false tale and started to pretend to get upset. She overworked herself so that she was starting to cry when she argued about the differences. Believing that the fake argument was all it was, she asked Vengeance to have a word with her in the living area, the two left, leaving Pandora and Envy bickering in the hall for a minute. Pandora made an irritated sound, like someone that just lost a fight, but smiled at Envy when she made the sound.
“That was too close,” Envy said, keeping an open ear in case anyone came.
“Wait,” Pandora said, keeping him from finishing his sentence. “This isn’t the place to talk, anyone could hear us. Follow me,” she finished, starting to walk back the way Envy had came. Staying to her side, Envy followed.
“Where’re we going? Back up to the roof?”
“No, they’ll look there first, since it was the last place Deryn looked.” Pandora explained as she rounded the corner. “Right now the best place to hide out is the first place she looked earlier.”
“Wait, do you think she’s dumb enough to fall for that kind of logic?”
“No, she’s quite intelligent, but she believes that I’m stupid enough to not think of this.”
“Then where was the first place she looked?” Pandora stopped in front of a door that was adorned with old band logos, paper skulls, and black duct tape, looking down both halls before turning to acknowledge the door.
“This room,” Pandora said, turning the knob and opening the door. Instantly the sound of rock music started pouring out of the room and into the almost deserted hallway. Being quick, Pandora and Envy entered the room, the music dying down once the door was closed.
What Envy saw stunned him. The room was a dull silver and electric purple rock wonderland. There were rock posters plastered on the walls, as well as some on the ceiling. There were speakers hooked up in the corners of the room, which were playing some kind of screamo music on a low volume, so people could talk without getting drowned out by the singer’s roars. A large bookshelf was crammed with books of every size, thickness, and color. Standing next to the bookshelf was a dark blue acoustic guitar sitting on a black stand, which was also next to a large pile of what looked like sheet music. There was a black beanbag chair plopped near the foot of the bed.
“You play guitar?” Envy asked, eyeing the guitar as he stood near the door. Pandora glanced at the guitar before walking over to the bed that was haphazardly shoved into the corner of the room, plopping right down on the gray covered mattress.
“I use to, but I sorta lost the knack for it.” Pandora said as she stretched her arms up above her head, clearly trying to stretch out something in her back. “Besides, there were more important things to focus on at the time.”
Like getting the Second Chance Division operating, Envy thought as he walked over to the bookshelf, glancing to see if there was anything that might interest him. Though he wasn’t looking long before he saw something that caught his eye. It wasn’t fancy like some, but it stood out in its own way. The name The Love Files showed bright silver against the black spine, which stuck out amongst all of the bright colored spines that surrounded it. He glanced over at Pandora, who was laying on her back on the bed, throwing a rubber band ball up in the air and catching it. Trying to remember what the spines around the dark book looked like, he pulled the black book off the shelf, inspecting the cover.
The cover was black like the spine, with the title, The Love Files 1: Lightening and Darkness carved into the front. There was a gold lightning bolt that grew down from the cover, going behind the title and ending right above the author’s name, Rosie B.
“Hey,” Pandora said, still throwing the ball up into the air as she spoke. “What happened up there on the roof anyways?”
“What?” Envy asked, placing the book back up on the shelf.
“What happened earlier, after the meeting? I’ve tried, but I can’t remember.”
“How can you not remember?”
“I just don’t. Can you fill me in?” Pandora asked, catching the ball and sitting back up, facing Envy with her green eyes.
“Well, what do you remember?” Envy asked, walking over and sitting on the floor, in front of a thinking Pandora.
“I remember talking to you up on the roof about the mission, and then it was like nothing happened, because right after that, you were gone and Deryn was there, asking me about what happened, if you had done anything to me. I told her that I didn’t know, which wasn’t a lie, and she started acting like someone just took her gun. She told me to go to her room, and left.”
“And you really don’t remember anything that happened between those two times?” Envy asked, the gears in his head turning.
“Yep, all I get is black, so you gonna tell me what I missed or not?”
Now’s your chance, you can get a clean start as long as Vengeance doesn’t tell anyone, Envy thought to himself as he continued to look at Pandora, who gazed back at him expectantly, hoping for answers.
“What happened was,” Envy started, “we started talking about last night, and pretty much carried on into the argument we had out in the hall about the sunrise thing.”
“Oh,” Pandora said, sounding slightly disappointed in the answer that Envy gave. “And that was all?”
“Pretty much,” Envy said, trying to draw a conclusion out in his lie. “We started arguing up on the roof, but I left before we had a full-scale fight, well that and I was hungry, so I went to the kitchen.”
“I see,” Pandora said, standing up and walking over to the bookshelf, trying to hide the disappointment in her look as she gazed at the shelf of books in front of her.
“Well, we should probably be heading out.” Envy said, getting up onto his feet while grabbing the drawstring bag. Pandora stood in place for a moment before turning to dig out a small black and purple backpack that was bulging with what Envy presumed were clothes.
“Let’s go,” Pandora said, her tone emotionless as the two walked out the door, both heading straight for the living area.

Deryn lied. Instead of going with Vengeance to the living area, she dragged him to an empty shooting range near the back. She practically shoved Vengeance into the range when she checked the hallway to make sure no one was following them. Content with the deserted hallway, she closed the door behind her and turned to face Vengeance, looking slightly weary.
“Look, I know I haven’t been here that long, but I’m sure that this isn’t the living area.” Vengeance said, watching Deryn move her hands over her eyes.
“I know, I just needed to tell you something,” Deryn replied, dropping her hand and staring Vengeance square in the face. “Envy may have lied to you, or only told you part of the truth and added extra to what he did say.”
“What makes you say that?”
“Because he kissed her, and he knows it,” Deryn said, her voice slightly harder than before.
“He what?” Vengeance asked, shocked both by what he heard and that Deryn knew. “Wait, did Pandora say that he did?”
“No, she wouldn’t be able to remember it.”
“What do ya mean by that?”
“Let’s just say, Pandora’s more unique than people think she is.” Deryn said, turning away from Vengeance as she spoke. “Granted, she has more powers than any normal human, but even if it was a family trait, it comes with strings attached.”
“Like?” Vengeance asked, hoping to get the girl in front of him to spill. Unfortunately, it didn’t work.
“Nothing,” Deryn snapped back, grabbing the door knob and flinging the door open, storming out into the hallway, shouting over her shoulder. “Hurry up to the Living area, before we leave you behind.” Vengeance stood there for a minute, slightly confused, before he left the room, closing the door behind him.
The whole time the two of them didn’t notice a conniving Alice behind the shooter’s counter, listening to everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted there to be some tension between Deryn and Envy, and this was the best I came up with. Please don't hate it too much. Though if you can still comment, that might help a bit.