Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 17

Dez was in the living area as always, waiting to wish the others off, when she saw Greif and Vain come on in, followed by Deryn, who had dropped off her bag and ran back to the rooms. After a little bit, Pandora and Envy came in, neither of them talking as Pandora walked over to her sketch pad, grabbed a pencil, and starting drawing furiously. Envy just walked over to Greif and Vain, the three of them started talking like normal. Soon after them, Vengeance and Deryn walked in, also not talking. Deryn went over to where Pandora was drawing and sat down, looking at what her friend was drawing. Vengeance walked over, got Envy, and the two of them started talking to each other alone. Vengeance looked frantic, and after a while, Envy looked both horrified and shocked, glancing over where Deryn and Pandora were. Deryn looked up from Pandora’s drawing and gave her best death glare in Envy’s direction, making him cringe a little.
Something’s not right, Dez thought to herself as she looked over the room, feeling the tension in the room build. She was about to get up and try to figure out what was going on when Alice came strolling in, her bright pink and orange camouflage tote slung over her shoulder.
“Hey, is everyone here?” Alice asked, bringing everyone’s attention to herself. Pandora huffed and got up, glaring at Alice as she spoke.
“We are now,” Pandora said, her voice emotionless as her gaze threw daggers at Alice. “So if you don’t mind, we should be going.”
“Right,” Deryn said, getting up out of her chair. “If we’re going to make it on time, we need to move now.”
“Then let’s go,” Greif said, he and Vain getting up to meet up with Vengeance and Envy near the door, all four carrying a bag of some kind. Pandora quickly shoved the sketch book into her bulging backpack as she walked over towards the door with Deryn next to her. Alice stuck her gun into her tote and joined everyone else at the exit, opening the door and walking out, the others following her example, none talking as they walked into the dark night. Dez sat there for a minute before deciding to get back up, standing just as Alix came running into the room, slightly winded as he ran straight up to where Dez was now standing.
“Did they go?” Alix asked, catching his breath as he talked.
“You just missed them,” Dez said, walking past Alix and headed to the radio, Alix following her.
“All of them?”
“Yep, all seven just went out the door,” Dez answered, starting to fiddle with the knobs on the radio.
“Shit, I was hoping to see them off.”
“Hey, don’t worry about it,” Dez said, finding a rock music station and turning to face Alix. “They can live without being seen off. Besides, it’s not like we’re never going to see them again.”
“How do you know?”
“Call it girl’s intuition, now let’s go get some food.”

The group didn’t stop anywhere until Pandora said that they were a short distance away from their destination, which made Envy feel both good and slightly uneasy. Good because he could rest for the first time since he woke up, before he joined the mission, before Deryn going berserks on him, and before the kiss.
No, that never happened, he scorned himself, remembering that Pandora herself didn’t even remember. Though when Vengeance told him that Deryn knew what happened because of Pandora, he started to get skeptical about the leader’s memory of that event. He remembered that Pandora was acting different when they headed back towards the living area, like she was both disappointed and mad. Though he knew she wouldn’t have asked if she did remember, he knew that much.
“Alright, who’s taking guard first?” Vengeance asked as he sat his bag down where they were resting.
“I’ll do it,” Deryn said, already taking out her gun, “The rest of you guys get some sleep, and I’ll wake someone up when we can switch.”
“Alright then, let’s get some sleep before the sun finds us,” Pandora said, sitting down near a cactus while pulling her bag off her shoulders. Following her example, the others did the same, eventually everyone but Deryn were asleep, their subconscious minds focusing on their own things. Deryn’s mind, however, was focused on the past few days, and what had progressed during then.
She remembered receiving a scrambled communication from Pandora the day it started. Deryn was in her room listening to an unknown old rock band when the call came. When she picked up, Pandora sounded frantic and sad. Half the communication was about how she had to shoot “a hot guy that was trying to save a kid from her uncle”. Trying to calm her down, Deryn spoke gently but quickly, in case the communication was cut off. She succeeded in calming Pandora, but even after the phone call, Deryn felt slightly uneasy about Pandora. She knew what her friend’s powers could do, and to what lengths they went. She remembered Johnny K, and what Pandora had done to him after one fight into their ‘relationship’.
Before she noticed what she was doing, she was kneeling next to Envy, shaking him back into reality. She stopped once she knew what she was doing, but it was too late, Envy was already woken up.
“What?” Envy mumbled, rubbing both sleep and sand out of his eyes. “Is it my shift?”
“Come on,” Deryn said, pulling him up to what would be a sitting position. “We need to talk, alone.”
“About what?” he asked back, now slightly more awake.
“Just come on,” Deryn urged, still pulling at Envy’s arm, practically dragging the man.
“All right, just give me my arm back.” Envy finally said as he got up onto his feet and followed Deryn away from his sleeping teammates and into the dead of the night. Once he was sure he would never find the group again, Deryn stopped and turned so abruptly that Envy ended up bumping into her. Once he recomposed himself, he finally spoke, “Alright, what is it?”
“You kissed her,” Deryn said, like she knew all and any argument would be a lie, “You kissed Pandora.” Envy was caught off guard for a quick minute by what Deryn had said, but quickly recomposed himself, getting ready to deny it. Though he also remembered Vengeance telling him that Deryn knew because of Pandora, and he knew she wouldn’t believe that he hadn’t.
“What did Pandora tell you about the roof that makes you think that I did?” Envy said, trying to get some information.
“That she didn’t know what happened, that she forgot,” Deryn said back, her tone getting harder.
“Then what makes you think that I did kiss her?”
“I know because she can never remember first kisses,” Deryn hissed coldly before her eyes opened in shock and fear, looking like she just shot herself, and quickly turned away and tried to walk back to the others, but was stopped by Envy grabbing her arm.
“Wait, what?”
“I’m not repeating myself, you idiot,” Deryn shot back, the ice still in her tone.
“I know what you said, but how can’t she remember something like that?
“Because her brain can’t handle all the emotions that girls like her would go through with the strain of her powers,” Deryn hissed, her eyes growing into slits. “It would burn out if all that was on her mind. So she only takes in certain things and locks up other things, like an emotional bank vault. One of those things happen to be first kisses, as well as a few other emotions.”
“Wait, how do you know this?”
“I’ve been her friend since forever ago, you moron,” Deryn said, her tone hardening. “I think I would’ve found out by now about this kind of thing.”
“Alright, but how did-” Suddenly, the sound of gunshots went off in the distance, cutting off Envy’s question. He automatically turned and started towards the sound, but was pulled back by Deryn.
“Wait,” Deryn said, seriousness now crawling in her voice as she spoke. “I need you to swear that you won’t tell anybody what I have told you tonight.”
“I swear,” Envy said, squirming to get towards the sound of heavy gunfire.
“And,” Deryn said, her grip tightening. “That you’ll keep Pandora safe when I can’t. If anything happens to her, then I will try to kill you until I succeed, got it?”
“Yeah, now come on, she may already be dead by now,” Envy wined, pulling against Deryn’s grip. Not letting go, Deryn started sprinting towards the gunfire, dragging Envy behind her. The two of them moved quickly against the darkness, the sounds getting louder with each footfall. When it sounded like the two of them had ran right into the middle of the gunfire, there was a bright flash of white light. The two kept running until the white was behind them, all of Deryn and Envy’s teammates sprawled everywhere, except for Pandora, who was having a standoff with two BL/I goons. Deryn reached towards her holster for her gun, but found it empty.
Shit, Deryn thought, her attention going back towards the standoff, She won’t be able to take those two on her own, not at the same time. Though as soon as she thought it, the sound of gunshot rang from right behind her, making her turn to see Envy with his green gun aimed right at one of the goons. He shot once more, hitting the goon square in the chest. He turned to shoot at the other goon, but was quickly stopped by Deryn, who had quickly grabbed the gun and maneuvered it out of his hand.
“What’re you doin’?” Envy asked, both outraged and slightly worried. “She doesn’t have a gun, she’s got nothing to fight with.”
“Yes she does,” Deryn said solemnly, glaring intently at the goon as she spoke. Envy quickly remembered about Pandora’s powers, and started staring intently at the goon, hoping to see what would happen. He caught a quick movement of Pandora’s wrist and the goon started grabbing at his throat, like he was choking. After a quick moment, the guy’s head fell backwards, the neck completely gone as gravity took the masked head, forcing it to the ground with the body. During this, Deryn had set Envy’s gun down on the ground and started towards Pandora.
“Hey Pandora,” Deryn said, taking another step before stopping dead in her tracks, and Envy saw why. When Pandora turned to look at Deryn, her green eyes were bright neon green swirling with purple streaks, which would have been amazing to look at, if it wasn’t for the feeling of his life slowly draining away when he looked at the green and purple eyes. “All the goons are gone.”
“For now,” Pandora replied coldly, her focus locked onto Deryn. “But there’ll be more soon, I know it.”
“Yeah, there’ll be more, that’s just logic.” Deryn said, sounding calm as someone could be. “But there aren’t any now, so would you calm the fuck down?” Nothing happened for a moment, but soon the purple streaks and swirls slowly vanished as the green got darker and darker, and the white barriers started to fade into the darkness, showing the desert terrain once again. After a minute Envy, Deryn, and Pandora were standing amongst scattered teammates, which were still sleeping, as if nothing had happened.
“What the,” Envy asked, looking at his sleeping teammates, both amazed and shocked that none of them strayed from their slumbers. Pandora and Deryn looked slightly bored as Deryn started to explain, her voice catching Envy’s attention.
“That was the warrior realm; it’s where the very essence of the warrior was created. It can also be used like a waiting room for those that are going into the SCD. Pandora’s family has been able to go there since the beginning of her bloodline.”
“How,” Envy started to say, still slightly shocked. “How can your family do all this?”
“I don’t know, we were just able to one day, and the traits got passed down, I guess,” Pandora replied, casually shrugging her shoulders. She looked him in the eyes and continued the explanation. “Although I think some of it came from Rose.”
“How-”
“Hey, we need to get some sleep, or else who knows what might happen while we’re tired.” Deryn said, cutting Envy off.
“Yeah, you’re right, plus what happened in there killed my energy,” Pandora replied, stifling a yawn.
“I’ll take the next shift,” Envy said, finally getting his head back into reality. “I won’t be able to sleep now anyways, so I might as well do something while I’m up.”
“Alright, well wake everyone up at sunrise, and we’ll get going.” Deryn said, turning her back to return to her spot near a rock.
“Night,” Pandora replied to Envy, returning to her bag. Envy headed to a different rock that was near the group, and went back into his mind, trying to sort out what had happened the past few days.
So Deryn knows, but Pandora doesn’t. Envy thought to himself. He thought back to the raid of the H.Q., dying, almost dying again, coming back, kissing Pandora, and having to lie to both himself, Pandora, and who knew who else. After all that went through his head, only one thought came to his mind, Life has officially gotten interesting . His mind kept going off onto random things after that, and he kept aimlessly thinking until the sun rose, Pandora rising with it, which amazed Envy slightly. After a minute, Deryn and Alice both stirred, which was followed by the rest of the guys.
Everyone grabbed their bags and headed out, only three knowing what had happened during the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
No offense, but action was needed, plus this starts to show some more of Pandora/Rose's powers. Hopefully you'll keep reading on.