Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 18

Life Bomb felt ready to kill again. She felt abandoned, scared, pissed, sad, and vengeful, though she also felt envious because other girls her age never had to go through anything like she had to. In under a year, she had gone through more than any girl had in their lifetime. She’s been kidnapped, rescued, seen everyone she considered her family get murdered, and had been on the run since she was in diapers. She felt like both her family and her life was snatched away from her by BL/I, and she wanted revenge.
She had been planning it out since Dr. D had gotten her out of the line of fire. She was going to take one of the extra guns that were always laying around, and sneak out during the night. Afterwards, she would try to storm the BL/I headquarters, taking down as many goons as possible before she went out.
This Bomb’s taking victims, she thought to herself as she sat glaring at the back of Dr. D’s head as he did his radio transmission, as if nothing had happened. She was wondering if he even cared that Party Poison and the others were dead, when the door broke into pieces.
“What the hell?” the Noise Blader, as everyone called him, asked through his helmet that never came off. Dr. D said something hastily and ended the transmission. Life Bomb just sat and stared as the door’s pieces fell to the ground, showing a group of seven people, all but one holding a gun in their hands. The one that didn’t have a gun, a girl with short brown hair and green eyes stepped over the threshold, scanning the area and everyone in it, as if sizing up the people and planning out emergency escape routes. By now, the doctor had gotten his gun and was aiming at the girl.
“Who are you?” Dr. D asked, his finger poised over the trigger. The girl turned her gaze to look at him, showing both compassion and authority in her facial features.
“We came as soon as we heard about the Killjoys, and came to offer both our condolences, as well as our services.”
“Why should we trust you?” Life Bomb asked, her voice stone cold as she glared at the girl. A short guy with a buzz-cut stepped into the room, instantly drawing attention to him. Life Bomb thought he looked familiar, but she couldn’t remember where.
“Look, sorry about us breaking the door, and my friend here just walking in, but trust us. If we wanted to kill you, we would’ve started shooting by now. Just hear us out.” There was something in his voice that reminded Life Bomb of Fun Ghoul, which made her heart fold in on itself, almost making her want to cry. Though she didn’t, instead she locked up her tears and kept glaring at the guy.
“He’s right, I am sorry about just barging in, and he’s also right about the shooting.” The girl said, slightly more compassionately. “Though the Killjoys were idols to us, and some of us were devastated when we heard. Though we were planning to come and offer our assistance to them, and we were just leaving when one of our comrades heard what you said on the radio.”
“Yeah, a few didn’t want to come with us afterwards, so they stayed behind,” a silver hair girl chimed in, her purple eyes quickly scanning over the surroundings. “They only wanted to be near people that could hold their own, the pussies. Though we decided to come anyways, just to see if we could help.”
“Though why should we accept your help?” Life Bomb asked, getting up to her feet. The guy with the buzz-cut looked like he was holding all the sadness in the world when he looked at her, but her attention was grabbed by the brown-haired girl when she spoke.
“Because we both have the same issues.” She said, her tone getting slightly stronger, yet softer at the same time. “We both had something that we cared about snatched away from us by BL/I, and we both want them to burn in their lies and deception.” The girl stared intently at Life Bomb as she said the last part, as if secretly trying to say I know how you’re feeling, we’re on the same boat. The room was quiet for a moment, before Dr. D cleared his throat slightly and spoke with a tone of authority.
“Alright, come on in, before you attract some goons, or worse.”
“Thank you,” the girl said as she motioned for the others to come in. “Your generosity is unable to be put into words.” Life Bomb looked at the group that had came in, did a quick one-over of the group, then scoffed and walked off to where her stuff was being stored. She felt multiple eyes looking at her as she walked away, but she didn’t care.
Soon it’ll all be over, and I won’t have to care anymore.

Vengeance knew he would hear about this later from Pandora, but he had to talk to her.
Really, I died for the kid, I should be allowed to talk to her at least, he thought to himself as he headed towards the door that the others said was Life Bomb’s. He knocked on it once he was in range of contact with the door, which was more like a panel of wood.
“Hey kid, you in here?” Vengeance asked, hoping she wasn’t asleep, or else Pandora and Deryn would be the second worst problem tonight. Luckily enough, the door swung open, Life Bomb’s face looking like it was Christmas, until she saw who was at the door, and her face instantly hardened.
“What?” She asked coldly, spearing him with her glare.
“Can I come in?” Vengeance asked, looking back at her sympathetically. She thought for a moment, then stood aside, letting him into the room. He entered a room that was bare, minus a mattress, a few stools that were clumped together, a bag, and a few cans of BL/I canned food. “Thanks,” he replied, moving out of the way as she closed the door and walked over to one of the stools to sit down, her eyes boring holes in his head.
“What do ya want?” she asked, getting straight down to the point. Vengeance shifted his weight from one foot to the other, looking as if he was hiding something, and that he was trying to figure out a way to say it. He was like this before a minute before he spoke.
“I bagged him,” Vengeance said, knowing it was a lie, “I bagged up Party Poison after he got shot.”
“What?” Life Bomb asked, her voice mixed with anger, shock, fear, and something that Vengeance did not notice right away.
“I bagged up his body when he got shot,” Vengeance repeated. “There were some of us that were being forced to do the BL/I’s work before we got killed, extra prisoners with a death sentence. I was one of them, as well as a few others, and we were forced to bag up the Killjoy’s bodies and load them into this one van. Once they were all in, the rest of us were stuck into a different van that took us to the same place as the bodies.”
“Why not just use the same van?” Life Bomb asked, her interest caught into the web of lies that Vengeance was weaving.
“There wasn’t enough space.”
“And what happened once the vans met up?”
“We were supposed to be killed at the burn site and have our bodied set ablaze, with the Killjoys, but then Pandora and the others ambushed our van before we got to the burn site.”
“Why?”
“She said she was looking for willing fighters that wanted to see BL/I crash and burn. Only one person said no, so they ended up tying him up in the cab where the goons would have found him with the van, unless he had gotten loose.”
“You bagged him,” Life Bomb repeated, her gaze far off into somewhere distant before she focused on Vengeance to talk. “Why didn’t you try to take the bodies?”
“Because we were-” There was a knock on the door, which was followed by Pandora’s voice on the other side.
“Vengeance, get out here, we need to talk,” her voice sounding slightly strained. He automatically knew something was wrong as he reached for his gun, but the moment he grabbed his gun, there was a loud thump from the other side. Then all hell broke loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to talk about Dr. D and Life Bomb some more, so here they are, hopefully for a few chapters. Enjoy :)