Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 20

There was talk about Party Poison and the others for an hour, Pandora in the heat of the debate, though afterwards, everyone started deciding on the next course of action. It was decided half an hour later that Dr. D and Life Bomb would go with the others back to the Second Chance Division to help with further plans of attack. The Noise Blader and Queen Clown would stay behind to “help keep and preserve an emergency hideout should the Second Chance Division become unstable” as Pandora had put it. Envy knew that she was lying, and saying sweetly that she didn’t trust them, but after a near-death experience with a pissed girl, he didn’t want to say something to make the past repeat itself.
“So it’s settled,” Pandora said, getting ready to wrap up the hour and a half long conversation. “We’ll leave in the morning, and then set up a communication link between the two groups.”
“That works,” Dr. D said, nodding his head slightly in approval.
“Then let’s get some rest and prepare for tomorrow, and only bring what you need.” Deryn said, finalizing the conversation. The small group started scattering, Envy and Vengeance heading back towards their room when they were stopped by a hand on their back.
“Wait you two,” Deryn said, serious words forming her sentences, “Pandora wants to speak with us.” Vengeance sighed softly, hoping Deryn didn’t hear it, and the two boys turned to face Deryn and followed to Deryn’s room, where Pandora was waiting. When the three entered the room, Deryn closed the door, and Pandora went right to it, no small talk.
“Did I kiss Envy?” she asked, her eyes shooting daggers at any person that made eye contact.
“What the hell are you talking about?” Envy asked, his stomach churning uncertainly.
“Don’t act like a moron, she knew everything!” Pandora started to growl as she pointed to the black bag that held Alice’s head. No one said anything in response, which only played onto Pandora’s growing suspicion. “I did, didn’t I?”
“How would she know?” Vengeance asked, slightly shocked himself that Alice even knew. Did everyone know but Pandora?
“She was hiding behind the counter at the shooting range back at the SCD when she heard it,” Pandora said angrily. “She heard Deryn telling Vengeance about Envy and me kissing, and how I wouldn’t remember it.”
“Behind the counter,” Deryn said, slightly quizzically, as if she zoned out halfway through the conversation. Pandora ignored Deryn and instead turned to Envy when she spoke.
“Did I?” she asked again, her tone a little more softer, and the daggers were gone. The two stared at each other for a minute, then Envy spoke one word, which destroyed the entire charade.
“Yes.” Pandora’s eyes first opened slightly with shock, but they quickly filled with sadness, the mood in her eyes matching her tone when she asked one final question.
“Then why didn’t you tell me?” Then she turned and ran out the door, Envy following. Deryn started to follow, but was stopped by Vengeance pulling her back by her arm.
“No,” he said firmly, keeping constant eye contact with Deryn. “They need time to talk it out. Don’t go and interfere with that.”
“But,” Deryn started to say, but stopped when she saw him glaring at her, and instead pulled her arm out of his grip. “Fine, but if he dies tonight, then you’re taking the guilt.” Before Vengeance even had time to ask why, Deryn was shoving him out of the room, only one thought going through her mind.
Johnny, you better not be making the past fucking repeat itself.

“Pandora, wait up a minute!” Envy said, trying to catch up to her. He knew she wouldn’t try to hide anywhere in the shacks, cause he knew the layout too well. Though he had no idea where she was going to when she bolted out the door and headed into the night, though he wasn’t going to leave her alone in the state she was going into. He knew that she was heading back into the darkness, and that helped give him an extra burst of energy that helped him finally catch up to her, grabbing her forearm and making her stop. “Wait, can we talk?” he asked through breaths as he felt her start shaking.
“Why?” he heard Pandora ask, her tone breaking as she shook. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
“I didn’t want you to worry about not remembering it.” Envy said, feeling like he was half lying to her, but that he also wanted to protect her from the black that shrouded her memory. Pandora scoffed and rolled her eyes in response.
“Please, you just didn’t want to be dragged down once you found a way out,” Pandora said, trying to sound pissed, but resulted in having sadness tint her words.
“That’s,” Envy started to say, ready to deny anything, but stopped himself when he remembered that lying was what had gotten himself into this position.
No, telling the truth after lying was what did it. Envy thought to himself, contemplating while Pandora waited for an argument. He looked at her in the eyes and knew what he had to do to fix it. I should’ve done this before, but now it’s too late for that, so I might as well do it now.
“You’re half right,” Envy started to explain, finally telling the truth. “I didn’t tell you the truth straight out the gate, but it wasn’t because I didn’t want to be dragged down. When we first got to the SCD, things went bad as soon as we stepped through the door. When it happened, I thought I was gonna end up bein’ a dead man, though when you said you didn’t remember, it was a chance to make it right in the world, for a minute anyways.”
“So you were just saving your ass, in short.” Pandora replied, sounding slightly irritated.
“Again, half right. I was saving my ass, but at the same time I was helping you.”
“Oh, if that’s the case, then please enlighten me as to how you were helping me.”
“Because, when you said that all you saw was black, I remembered the promise. If I had told you, you would’ve started focusing on the black, and either go insane or try to kill yourself, breaking the promise. ”
“Please,” Pandora replied sadly, almost lifeless. It was almost too dark to see anything, but Envy automatically knew what was happening, because of her voice. He had heard that tone one other time, and that was the on the first night he was at the Second Chance Division. “You didn’t care about me, no one does.”
“That’s not true, you have people that care about you.” Envy said seriously, reaching out and ended up grabbing her shoulders. “Alix cares, Dez cares more than the average person, Deryn cares too, or else she wouldn’t try to shoot everything that pissed you off.”
“Heh.” Pandora laughed in her mouth, even that sounding lifeless and dead.
“And I care, or else life would suck for both of us right about now.” Envy finished, moving his hands down her arms, stopping when he felt her wrists forming hands. The two were silent for a minute, neither of them moving except for their breathing.
“How?” Pandora asked, breaking the silence with choked up words. “How can someone like you care about a nutcase like me? I should have sent you begging for death by now. I mean really, only a crazy person would stick around.”
“Then call me crazy, cause you’re stuck with me,” Envy said teasingly. He could feel Pandora’s eyes looking straight at him, thought with no ice or daggers. By now his eyes had adjusted to the darkness of the night surrounding the two of them, so he could see her better, and was able to look back. Without even having to do anything, he leaned forward slightly, feeling her lips press into his. He didn’t hesitate in pressing his lips back into hers, completing the kiss. The two of them stood there for a moment, before Envy pulled back, remembering how they got outside in the first place.
“We need to get back there, before the end up thinkin’ the worse,” Envy said, trying his best to sound like he was in control of the situation. Pandora didn’t say anything, but he felt her arm shake as she nodded her head in agreement. Envy let go of her wrists and the two of them walked back to the base in silence, both their heads reeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, the gushiness in this one almost made me puke, but here it is anyways. Keep up the comments my lovelies :)