Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 21

Deryn felt like her mind was going to blow up as she laid on the mattress, Pandora sleeping surprisingly sound on the floor nearby.
Lucky bitch, Deryn thought bitterly, thinking back to what happened before Envy and Pandora had returned.

She had just shoved Vengeance out of the door and started thinking about Johnny K again, about how Pandora had destroyed every part of him until even she didn’t remember.
Then again, having Pandora forget something isn’t too shocking, she thought to herself before Vengeance stormed back into her room, slamming the door behind him.
“Wait,” Vengeance said, “I’m not leaving here until you tell me why I get the guilt.”
“You already did leave, you moron.” Deryn replied harshly, hoping that he would take a hint and leave.
“Why would I get it?” Vengeance asked again, his tone getting slightly harsh itself.
The guy has balls, Deryn thought to herself, not daring to say that aloud as she did speak out. “Why should I tell you, why should I not just shoot you down right now?”
“Because you don’t have the guts to,” Vengeance threw back harshly, his face growing a sneer.
“You really want to try me?” Deryn asked as she pulled her gun back out of its holster, making Vengeance smirk and do a quick laugh. “What the fuck are you finding so hilarious?”
“I find it funny how you always pull out your gun when your fists are right there,” he replied, a laugh still tinting his words. “Then again, all girls usually need help defending themselves.” That led into what seemed to be the most pointless argument in history when Deryn looked back to it in her head. At one point Deryn tried hitting him, which ended up with Vengeance holding both of her hands in his, a smirk plastered on his face as he watched Deryn try to pull out of his grip, so she could have her hands back. “Now will you tell me?”
“When monkeys fly out my fucking ass!” Deryn hissed, now seething with rage as she pulled harder. Then all humor fled from Vengeance’s face, only showing something that Deryn didn’t notice right away, and he did something that caught her off guard. In one quick movement, Vengeance had pulled Deryn up into his body and had shoved his lips onto hers, kissing her passionately.
What the hell is going on? Is he trying to get information this way? Why does this feel good? What the fuck is going on? Deryn kept reeling off questions through her head as her body moved with Vengeance, returning every kiss he gave her. The two stayed like that for what felt like an eternity to her before she finally broke the current kiss that Vengeance had started. Their faces stayed inches apart, both staring into each other’s eyes. Deryn knew that she had to end it quickly, before anything more happened. Quickly remembering all her questions, she answered the first one that popped into her head.
“I’m still not telling you why.” Vengeance blinked a couple of times, as if his brain was finally processing what had just happened. Taking a step back, he turned and reached for the door, but stopped before his hand had rested on the knob.
“I wasn’t thinking about the guilt when I did that.” However, before Deryn could say anything, Vengeance had opened the door and left, leaving her with a mind drowning in thoughts.

Now Deryn couldn’t even try to sleep without remember it, reducing her to laying on the mattress and listen to Pandora sleeping while she stared up at the ceiling. Trying again, she closed her eyes just to be greeted once again by the memory that her brain decided to take mental snapshots of. She tried to ignore the images, but just ended up opening her eyes again and silently groaning in frustration.
How can other girls do this? Deryn asked herself, rubbing her eyes in exhaustion, which showed the images again. Finally giving up, Deryn picked her gun off the floor, stood up off the mattress, and headed out of the room, making sure not to step on Pandora. She needed to shoot something badly, so she started heading out of the base, checking her gun as she headed out the door. She had only taken ten steps when she heard the door open behind her. Hiding quickly behind a nearby pile of rocks, she watched as the kid stepped out the door, closing it behind her, and started walking. She was checking to see if she had her guns while she walked, a little bit like Deryn was when she walked. Deryn waited until the kid was right in front of her before speaking out.
“Got enough guns there?” Deryn asked, making the kid turn and point the gun that she was currently holding at Deryn. “Would you relax, I ain’t gonna try any shit like that.”
“Why are you out here?” the kid asked back, all serious.
“Needed to shoot out my feelings, and I guess you’re plannin’ on doin’ the same?” Deryn asked as she got up onto her feet.
“You could say that,” Life Bomb said back, lowering the gun slightly.
“Nice, well if you give me a hand, we could hang up a couple of the goons from earlier and go wild on them, since I know where Dr. D hid them.”
“Alright,” Life Bomb said skeptically, pocketing her gun as Deryn walked up next to the girl.
“And if you want I can give you one of my holsters for your gun when we get back, because simply shoving a gun into your pocket is dangerous, both for the person and the gun.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, the trigger could get stuck, something may get jammed into the barrel, anything could go wrong with a gun when you store it like that, and I know a butt load of people that shot their foot off that way.”
“Wow,” Life Bomb said in shock of the knowledge, “you know a lot about guns.”
“Well I try to understand the things that save my butt on regular occasions.” Deryn replied, starting to see the restaurant where Dr. D and the others had hidden the bodies. Doing a quick scan, she saw some old cable cord laying in a heap near the dumpster the bodies were stored in. With a little help, Deryn was able to tie two lifeless goons so that they were dangling limply from the sides of the dumpsters, repeatedly being hit with round after round of shots from the two girls. When the bodies were at risk of falling away from their heads, the girls threw the bodies back into the dumpster, still tied up with the cord, and started walking back towards the base.
“So what were you goin’ to do earlier?” Deryn asked when they were halfway there. Prior to the question, neither of them had spoken, making Life Bomb turn her head when Deryn asked.
“Huh?” Life Bomb asked, slightly shocked.
“Where were you goin’ earlier, cause I have a feeling that you weren’t gonna really shoot out your feelings, unless the targets were living.” Hearing this made Life Bomb stop dead in her tracks. Deryn noticed the sudden lack of movement right away, and turned to face the girl, realization flooding her mind. “You were gonna try to stop BL/I, weren’t you?” The girl was silent for a moment, before she spoke, slightly broken.
“You have no idea what it’s been like,” Life Bomb said, her hands balling up into fists, “You don’t know what my life has been like.”
“Try me,” Deryn challenged, keeping her voice from growing its cold feeling. “You’re what, nine, ten?”
“Ten.”
“Probably started out at birth in this lifestyle, which I can’t relate to. But guess what princess; you got it easy in this kind of life.”
“And how’s that?” Life Bomb asked back, her tone growing harsh, now allowing Deryn to let the ice flow through her words as she spoke.
“Cause you had Party Poison and the other Killjoys to care about your feelings, while I had nothin’. You probably had a mom or dad once, while my dad was dead at my birth, along with my mom. The only person that knew about my mom was my nanny, not even Pandora knew. Hell, as far as she knows, my mom was always working and vanished one day. The Killjoys were probably always there, to act as your best buds. The only friend I had at your age was ordered to kill me. Yeah, you’re ten, but I’m eighteen, I’ve been in this life way longer than you have, kid, so don’t even start with that ‘nobody knows’ crap around me, got it?”
“You did have no one,” Life Bomb said softly, absorbing the information that was given to her. “If you had no family, and your friend tried to kill you, then-”
“I didn’t say that she tried to kill me, I said she was ordered to. She defied their orders and hid me, so I did have someone.” Deryn said as she turned back towards the base. “And if you tell anyone what I told you tonight, then all of your people will end up losing you.” The two walked back to the base in silence, both going straight to their rooms once back inside. Deryn laid back down on the mattress, ready for the snapshots to come flying back up to the surface of her memory, but found that they did not show for the rest of the night, allowing her to finally get some sleep.
That morning Deryn gave Life Bomb the holster and the group left for the Second Chance Division, leaving the Noise Blader and Queen Clown to tend the base.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was starting to forget Deryn a bit, so here's a whole chapter on her for those who just love her :D