Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 23

Alright, where’d he go? Envy thought to himself as he walked away from Vengeance’s room, which was still empty. Since he left Deryn’s room, he had gone to the living area, the kitchens, the roof, the shooting range, checked every bathroom known to existence, the Medical Wing, and Vengeance’s room several times before realizing that Vengeance was gone. Deciding to wait until after the final vote, Envy started walking back towards the kitchens to grab something to eat before heading for the living area. He was halfway there before one of the doors flew open and a hand popped out, grabbing Envy by his shirtsleeve and pulling him into the room, the door closing behind him.
“Hey, what the-” Envy started to say before he felt the hand covering his mouth, keeping him from finishing his question. The light, which was originally off, turned on to show Pandora holding her hand to his mouth. She looked slightly irritated, as well as scared.
“Keep your voice down,” Pandora hissed quietly, moving her hand from where it was, “We don’t need anyone coming to figure out what’s going on.”
“What’s going on?” Envy asked, not quite whispering but was quieter than before.
“We need to talk,” she simply replied.
“Look, if it’s about Vengeance, I’m looking for him no-”
“No, it’s not about him,” Pandora said, shifting her weight from one foot to another, “It’s about the final vote tonight.”
“Yeah, what of it?”
“Tonight we’re voting who’s going to be taking my position as first in command, or if I stay in this position,” Pandora said, keeping constant eye contact with Envy, “It’s one of the things we’re voting on tonight.”
“And you want me to vote for you to stay where you are?”
“Actually, no, I was hoping for the opposite.”
“What? Why?” Envy asked, confusion making his voice rise, which resulted in having Pandora shush him.
“Because I’ve been wanting to get out for a while, there just hasn’t been a good moment, or a good enough person to take my place.”
“Wait, who’d you want to take your place, Deryn?”
“That would be nice, but she’s too headstrong. She’d charge right into battle without thinking clearly enough, and thinking is needed at all times in the first spot.”
“Then who?” Pandora closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before answering.
“Either Greif or you.” The room was quiet for a while, Pandora keeping her eyes closed the whole time that Envy processed this. After a while, he finally spoke.
“Wait, why us?”
“Because Vengeance is too secretive, and Vain, well, he’s a moron, no offence.”
“None taken, we already discovered this a while ago, but still, why us?”
“Because this place has been ran by a girl since it started, and it felt like it was time for a change. Though we couldn’t just toss any guy into the job, or we’d be dead in a minute. They had to both be able to think, as well as not wuss out of a fight when one popped up.”
“Then why not Alix?”
“He’s a pacifist, wouldn’t even think of hurting a fly, let alone a person if it was needed. The only reason he acted like a fighter before was because he was the only guy, though he would’ve never shot.”
“And we could?”
“Yes, Life Bomb helped me with the discovery of this information.”
“Life Bomb?”
“Yea,” Pandora said, sounding all knowing, “She may be ten, but she has memories, just like the rest of us. It’s just that hers are more…violent.”
“But-”
“Look, I love having pointless conversations as much as the next girl, but I have to go get ready for later,” Pandora said as she turned and opened the door, walking out it with Envy following.
“Hey!” Envy heard from down the hall, making his head turn to see Vengeance walking down the hall towards the two, continuing his sentence one he got closer to them, lowering his voice so he wasn’t yelling. “Could you two be any more obvious?”
“You’re one to talk,” Envy said, putting his hands on his hips. Pandora caught on and acted in a similar position, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Why, what do ya mean by that?” Vengeance asked, looking between Envy and Pandora.
“Oh come on man,” Envy scoffed back.
“Don’t go tryin’ to act like a moron, it’s not a good look,” Pandora said, a slight sneer gracing her face.
“What’s that mean?” Vengeance asked, taking a step back in shock. Pandora just rolled her eyes while Envy spoke.
“We know what happened after we left the base a couple nights ago,” Envy said, his tone starting to freeze over, “We know what you and Deryn did.” Vengeance’s eyes opened wide, and he took a step back, Envy and Pandora following his step.
“What’d she tell you?” Vengeance asked, the question aimed towards Pandora.
“She told me everything, Vengeance. I can’t believe you did that to her.”
“Yeah man, and you were getting on my case about Pandora?”
“It ain’t my fault, it just happened!” Vengeance said, his voice getting slightly strained.
“If you started it, then you’re to blame.” Pandora said, her eyes shooting daggers at Vengeance.
“It was just a kiss, what’s the big deal about it?”
“Wait, what the hell are you talkin’ about?” Pandora asked, the daggers dying as confusion took over her features.
“The same thing you’re talking about,” Vengeance said back, just as confused.
“No, we’re talking about you two arguing about her fighting abilities,” Pandora said. “Wait, you kissed her?”
“Uhh, no?” Vengeance said, before turning and making a break for it, leaving Envy and Pandora standing where they were. The two waited until they were sure that Vengeance was gone before they started cracking up, both doubled over from laughing. When they finally started to calm themselves, they were both breathless, and Pandora’s diaphragm hurt from laughing so much.
“Did you see the look on his face?” Pandora asked, slightly gasping for air as she spoke.
“It was priceless,” Envy replied, the laughter tinting his words, “He looked like he’d just shot his dick off.” This statement quickly led into more laughs from both people, who at the current moment didn’t care if anyone heard them. They were still laughing as they started towards the living area, and didn’t stop until Deryn popped up in the hall that led to the living area, looking slightly confused.
“Hey, did you guys mess with Vengeance?” Deryn asked, making Pandora and Envy stop making sounds altogether. The two exchanged a quick glance before Pandora spoke.
“Do you want the truth, or a lie?”
“What do you think genius?”
“A lie?” Envy spoke up, receiving a glare from Deryn.
“Yeah, exactly what he said,” Pandora replied, smiling before Deryn glared at her quickly.
“No, let’s try the truth today, since there was a couple days that was dedicated to lying, right Envy?” Deryn looked at Envy as she asked this, her eyes sending the message Let’s see what happens now because of your lies.
“He did that to protect me,” Pandora replied before Envy could say anything.
“Whatever, did you guys mess with him or not?”
“He started it,” Pandora said, which Deryn took as an answer and walked towards the living area. The two stood in the hallway for a moment before Envy finally spoke.
“What’s gotten into her?” Envy asked. Pandora shrugged her shoulders before answering.
“Probably nerves for tonight, they always make us act different.”
“Even you?”
“I was laughing earlier,” Pandora said, as if that was the answer to the master question, and started walking towards the living area, with Envy following close by. The two didn’t talk until they had gotten into the living area, in which Pandora simply stated “Don’t forget about what I said earlier” and walked off to draw in the sketch book that she had put back when they returned. Envy walked over to where Greif and Vain were sitting and talking.
“Hey,” Envy said as he got in Greif’s hearing range, sitting on the floor in front of the two men as they stopped what they were talking about to greet Envy as he sat.
“Hey, do you know what the whole point of this thing is about?” Vain asked, his question aimed toward Envy.
“No way man,” Envy lied, “It might have something to do with the plan to take down BL/I, but I’m not sure all the way.”
“Yeah, that’s what I thought,” Greif said back, nodding his head in acknowledgement. Before they had any more time to talk amongst themselves, Vengeance walked into the living area, and Pandora had called the Final Vote into movement.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, but I just had to do this, it was just begging to be done. How's the test coming along, keep trying lol :)