Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 24

“All in favor of silent infiltration as the attack strategy for the plan, say aye,” Pandora said, emitting an aura of authority as she spoke. Almost every hand went up, with the exception of C.C.’s hand because of her desire to storm the base in a full-forced attack. However, no one wanted to die quickly, so they stuck to sneaking in under cover and then attacking once everyone was inside. Vengeance lowered his hand once the vote was finalized and looked around the room. From where he was sitting, he was able to view everyone in the room, as well as see what they were doing. He noticed that Alix was the only one that wasn’t in the room, but his mind didn’t linger long on the missing person because the next matter of business caught his attention.
“Next matter that is under voting is candidates for the first position,” Deryn said, making all heads turn to look at her. Automatically C.C. raised her hand, a look of excitement controlling her facial features.
“I nominate C.C.,” she said happily. Pandora sighed and closed her eyes, and Deryn sighed as well before talking, sounding slightly irritated.
“C.C., for the last time, you can’t nominate yourself, even if you speak in third person.”
“Fine,” C.C. sighed back, crossing her arms in silent protest.
“I nominate Pandora,” Dez said, raising her head as she spoke. Pandora looked at Dez and smiled sweetly before she spoke.
“I’m touched that you would want me to stay in this position, but I’m afraid I’ll have to say no.”
The room was quiet, an eerie stillness flying through the room. Vengeance was about to break the silence when C.C. spoke up, sounding hopeful.
“Now can I vote for myself?” she asked Deryn.
“No,” Deryn replied, quickly and harshly, making C.C. slightly flinch.
“Why?” Jay asked, looking shocked as she asked Pandora.
“I need a break, plus I have my own nomination,” Pandora said calmly. She looked at Envy out of the corner of her eye, and sent a look that seemed to say Remember what I said and looked back in front of her. “I nominate-” The front door burst open before she even had time to say the person’s name, as BL/I goons flooded the living area, all guns poised as more masked men entered the room. There was only one person in the entering mob that didn’t have a gun out or a mask on, and the face made Dez gasp.
“Alix?” Deryn asked, shocked to see him standing freely amongst the swarm of BL/I goons. All Alix did in reply was give a sickly sweet smile before he pointed a finger at Pandora and said one word.
“Her.” Then all the goons moved around Alix and started towards Pandora, shooting at everything they saw. Deryn, Envy, Vengeance, and Life Bomb had all pulled their guns out and were shooting at BL/I goons, left and right. Pandora reached behind her neck and undid her choker, her brown hair almost instantly going black as one eye changed from green to purple, a madman’s smile forming on her face. Her purple eye glanced at the choker and it instantly changed form, turning into what looked like a samurai sword, the hilt of the blade resembling the choker’s colors, gold, dark red, and black.
“No,” Deryn whispered to herself as she started increasing the amount of dying goons quickly. Then everything stopped when Pandora had started laughing.
It wasn’t like her normal laugh, but was like a mentally insane witch hopped up on helium. Envy stared in shock and horror as Pandora stopped laughing and instantly launched herself at the nearest goon, her sword’s blade slicing clear through the goon’s neck, killing him instantly. This reanimated everyone, the shots started flying at everyone, and heads were rolling with Pandora chopping off the masked heads almost at breakneck speed. In under a minute there were only a handful of goons left, Alix included, that were alive. Pandora threw her sword at the goon that was standing next to Alix, and the blade sunk into the goon’s chest, the tip of the blade going through the other end. Not wasting a moment, she lunged forward and tackled Alix, her hands around her neck and her nails digging into his flesh.
“Give up traitor?” Pandora asked, her tone matching the laugh perfectly. Alix simply smiled before bringing his hand up and tapped her side with a closed hand. Right away she yelled in pain and tried to jump off Alix, but before she could he had her hands and was flipping her in the air. Something flew away from her when Alix flipped her, and the object landed near Envy on the ground. He looked down for a moment to see a mostly empty syringe on the ground, some kind of green fluid starting to leak out where the glass on it cracked.
There was a gun fired and Envy instantly felt a searing pain right above his stomach, and he knew he was shot. The pain was too intense and he fell to the ground, his gun flying out of his hand. The goon that shot him walked over towards Envy, their gun poised to shoot another round before he heard Alix yell out.
“Fall back, we got her,” Alix said, sounding both happy and powerful at the same time. Envy turned to look towards Alix and saw Pandora slumped lifelessly over Alix’s shoulder, one of his hands keeping her from falling onto the ground, the other one holding her sword. Rage filled through Envy as he reached for the closest gun, but before he could grab one Alix threw the sword, and the blade sunk smoothly through Envy’s hand and stopped when the tip was planted in the ground. The pain was unbearable, making Envy cry out in pain, his vision getting slightly dark.
“Alix,” Envy hears Dez say, her voice broken, “Why are you doing this?” There’s a pause, which might have been Alix smiling again before he answered.
“I’m avenging my brother,” he said simply before Envy was unable to hear anything, and was falling into darkness.

“Come on man, I know you’re awake in there, so open your damm eyes already,” Envy heard Jay say as he started to come around. He felt his hand bandaged where the sword blade went through it, but he didn’t feel any pain coming from the wound above his stomach. Being careful of the light, he opened his eyes slowly to see Jay standing near his head, her arms crossed over her chest and a look of irritation on her face. Envy looked around to realize that he was in one of the rooms in the Medical Wing, and Jay must have been forced to monitor him, based on her scowl.
“Glad to see you live, unlike some,” Jay sneered, though something in her eyes showed sadness.
“Whataya mean by that?” Envy asked, sitting up on the medical cot he was laying on.
“Do ya still hurt?” Jay asked slightly harsh words forming the question, with the same sadness in her eyes.
“No, I feel fine.”
“Good, then get up,” Jay said, turning towards the door, “You’re needed elsewhere in this wing.” Envy was slightly confused but did as he was told, following Jay down the dirt-layered halls of the wing. After a couple of hallways, Jay started talking. “You know, I actually do have a heart, I just don’t show it.”
“What?” Envy asked, taken off guard by what Jay had said.
“I can feel, I’m not a heartless bitch like everyone believes. That’s why I haven’t gone into the room yet, because I was afraid that I might break down, lose control of my emotions. Then again, I wouldn’t be too shocked if everyone was sad, she was a friend to everyone in her own way.”
“Who, Pandora?” Envy asked, trying to figure out who Jay was talking about.
“No, she was a good friend, but I’m not talking about her.”
“Then who?” Jay stopped in front of one of the doors and nodded her head towards the door.
“Go find out for yourself, I can’t even talk much about it without feeling depressed.” With those words, Jay turned around and started walking away, but stopped two steps later and turned around to say one final sentence. “Watch what you say in there, tensions are high, as well as sadness.” Then she walked away, leaving Envy alone in the hallway. He turned towards the door that Jay said was the right one, and opened it to find everyone but Jay, Alix, Deryn, and Pandora in the room already. They were all huddled around one of the medical cots, minus Dez, who was sitting in the corner, crying her eyes out. Envy closed the door quietly and walked over to where Dez was sitting, kneeling down in front of her.
“What’s going on, what happened Dez?” Envy asked gently, looking at Dez as he spoke. She wiped her eyes on her sleeve and got up by using the wall as a support. Grabbing his hand, Dez walked Envy over to the cot, where Vain and Greif were standing. They saw Dez and Envy coming, and made space for them to stand next to the side of the cot, opposite of Vengeance. When the two got up to the bedside, Envy was suddenly over swept with pain, but not from his wounds. Laying in the bed was Deryn, a mark showing on the side of her head where she had been shot. She wasn’t breathing.
“What happened?” Envy asked, his gut clenching in sadness, though he didn’t know why. He looked up to look at Vengeance to see that he was silently crying, which was a miracle all on its own to see, Life Bomb doing the same thing next to him.
“One of the goons took a shot at Vengeance, but she took it when another one was shooting her.” Vain said sadly as he looked out into space. Vengeance stood still for a moment before he turned and walked out of the room, silently fuming. Envy knew what Vengeance was planning to do, and followed Vengeance out. He waited until he was sure that no one in the room could hear them to jog up to Vengeance.
“Vengeance wait,” Envy said, grabbing Vengeance’s shoulder, making both of them stop, “You can’t go off on a suicide mission again.”
“That bastard’s gonna pay for what he did, I’m gonna make sure of it,” Vengeance said, hatred dripping from his words.
“Come on man, think calmly for a moment. What will going back to the HQ accomplish? I would just be a repeat of last time, except you won’t come back.”
“Neither will Deryn.”
“Actually, she should be able to.” Envy said, remembering what Pandora said on the roof his first morning there. When he said this, Vengeance turned around, staring intently at Envy, his face twisted with anger, sadness, and something else.
“What do ya mean? She died to get here, she was on her second chance when this happened.”
“No she wasn’t,” Envy replied, keeping calm as the happiness of his own discovery threatened to show, “Pandora brought her here before she was supposed to get killed. She didn’t need a second chance to get here.”
“But that means…”
“Yep,” Envy said, a smile forming on his face, “She can come back to life.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This thing was just full of plot twists, to make up for the lack that I had in other chapters.