Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 26

By the time that Vengeance and the others had made it back to the SCD, the sun had risen and set, the sky changing from its usual light blue pallor into what would soon be black. Since Deryn had knocked Rose out at BL/I, he ended up carrying her the whole trip back, which didn’t help that after a while she had started getting heavier the more they walked, not to mention the extreme heat during the day, and the cold air during the night. He had asked if someone else could carry her for a while, but no one replied, not even Envy.
Real smooth Envy, Vengeance thought to himself as the group started for the opening where the door used to be, Let some other guy be the one to carry your girl.
“Dez?” Deryn yelled as the small group entered the living area, which was still in shambles. Vengeance never really noticed the damage that was inflicted on the room, mostly because he was too focused on Deryn, who was lying on the ground with a shot to the head and heart after the attack. Though now he noticed all the spots where stray gunshots had hit the walls, as well as most of the furniture. He noticed all the blood that had dried up on the floor, which was proof of Pandora’s beheading attack on the BL/I goons. He also noticed that the gold choker was still laying on the ground, the entire back covered in blood.
“Oh hey, you want me to carry her?” Envy asked, noticing that Vengeance looked tired, and slightly pissed as he looked back at Envy, daggers in his glare.
“Really, you choose now to wanna carry her?” Vengeance asked, loathing tinting the question.
“Yeah, you look tired from carrying her,” Envy said, unaware of the daggers, as well as the tone.
“I got tired from carrying her halfway here,” Vengeance hissed, his eyes turning to slits.
“Well I could’ve taken her, all you had to do was ask.”
“I did ask, you moron, but you didn’t say anything.”
“Sorry man, hey how ‘bout this. I’ll take her off your hands for now, and if Deryn ever gets knocked out when we’re all away from here or the other base, I’ll carry her back here. Is that fair?”
“Yeah whatever, will ya just take her already, before I end up droppin’ her?” Vengeance asked, dropping the daggers and the loath as he gave Pandora’s body to Envy to carry. Once this was finished, Vengeance picked the choker up off the floor and the two followed Deryn and the others, who had all gone down the hall towards the kitchens. Vengeance took the bottom of his t-shirt and tried to wipe off the blood, finally getting a majority of it off by the time they all reached the kitchens, where Dez was yelling.
“Just because they left doesn’t mean that you’re the supreme ruler, this isn’t a totalitarian country!” Dez yelled, pure fury in her voice.
“If Pandora and Deryn are not able to give orders, then I must, as third in command,” C.C. replied, her tone both calm and cocky. Deryn took this moment to acknowledge her existence in the building by walking into the kitchen, replying to what C.C. said before Dez even had time to start stating her response.
“That may be true, C.C., but when I’m around I call the shots until Pandora can, got it?” Deryn said, her voice authoritative as she spoke. C.C. said nothing as she looked at Deryn for a minute and walked into one of the kitchens.
“Deryn, you’re back!” Dez replied happily, her mood doing a complete one-eighty.
“Yeah, but we need your help with something,” Deryn said as she motioned for Dez to follow her.
“So where’d she get those clothes?” Dez asked once the group was out in the hallway and walking towards Pandora’s room. Vengeance looked at the unconscious girl and finally noticed why Dez had asked. The black tank-top and dark blue denim jeans that Pandora was wearing during the attack was replaced with a black tee shirt with a Radio Skull jacket, a black and gray miniskirt, and black combat boots. A leather belt hung loosely around her waist that had a small loop that most likely held her samurai sword, as well as studded pieces of leather that hung down from the belt, acting like part of the skirt.
“She probably got them when she was at the BL/I headquarters,” Deryn said, not even looking to see what her friend was wearing as she opened the duck taped door, having rock music pour out into the hall the moment the door opened. Being quick, the group entered the room and closed the door behind them, the music automatically getting quieter. “Stick her on the bed, and Dez can work her magic.”
“But I’m not magical, I’m just really talented with the human body and it’s remedies,” Dez said as she walked up to the bed once Envy had laid Pandora down on the bed. Envy backed up a couple of steps, but didn’t stay there long when Deryn pulled him out of the room and into the hallway.
“What, what did I do wrong now?” Envy asked, slightly irritated over how Deryn usually ended up singling him out.
“You didn’t do anything wrong, yet,” Deryn replied harshly, her tone smoothing out the more she spoke, “Pandora told me to tell you something when the time is right, and now is as good a time as any.”
“Alright then, what is it?”
“She wanted me to tell you ‘Love is the cure for when you’re poisoned by hate.’ She said that you’d understand what it meant.”
“Alright then,” Envy said as he reached for the doorknob, “If that’s all, then I’m gonna-” Before the music even had time to raise its volume, the door flew open, Rose running out of the room with her choker in her hand. She took one quick glance at Envy before she started running down the hall, away from the living area. She had just turned the corner when Vengeance ran out the door, blood trickling down his face.
“Which way’d she go?” Vengeance asked, glaring at Envy, who had just pointed in the direction that Rose had gone. Vengeance saw which way and was instantly running the same direction, Vain and the others following him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know anymore. That's right, I have officially lost control of my own book, so don't blame me if anything sucks, it's taken a path of it's own.