Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 27

They were able to slowly catch up to Rose as she ran through the halls, at some times in circles.
“That hall’s a dead end,” Deryn said as Rose turned down the hall that led straight to the shooting range, “Though if she shoots out the wall, then it’s a getaway”.
“She won’t have time to shoot,” Vengeance said as his speed picked up, soon being an arm’s reach away from Rose. Noticing the closeness, Rose ran into the shooting range, jumping over the counter and made a mad dash for the far wall. Vengeance jumped up onto the counter and launched himself towards the fleeing girl, using the edge of the counter to help project him. The launch worked, because Vengeance was airborne for only a few moments before he tackled Rose, the two of them sent rolling from the momentum, the other three guys catching up as Deryn stayed by the door to ‘stand guard’. By the time the two had stopped rolling, Vain and Greif were grabbing Rose by the arms, forcing her up as Envy helped Vengeance up to his feet.
“You alright?” Envy asked as he helped steady Vengeance.
“Minus the room spinning everywhere, yeah,” Vengeance replied as he started to quit wobbling.
“Let me go, I need to get back,” Rose yelled as she tried to get out of Vain and Greif’s grip, but failing.
“No Rose, you’re staying here,” Vain said, slightly straining to keep her in check.
“Over my dead body!” Rose yelled as she tried to pull harder.
“Rose, please stop this. We want to help you out.” Greif said, putting in as much emotion as he could into the statement.
“You don’t want to help me, you hate me too much to help me,” Rose replied harshly, glaring at Greif as she spoke, “Everyone hates me, but I don’t care if they hate me. I just hate everyone that hates me, which includes you. I hate all of you!”
Love is the cure for when you’re poisoned by hate, Envy though to himself, figuring out what Pandora meant.
“I’ll go get the tranquilizers,” Dez said as she turned toward the door.
“Wait Dez,” Envy said, but was not heard when Dez ran out of the room. Thinking of what to say, Envy turned back to where Rose was, and started walking towards her, studying the way her eyes burned with fury and hatred. He was only a few steps away when Rose stopped struggling to glare at him, though her eyes slightly started to show fear when she saw him, even when her voice was full of loathing.
“Well if it isn’t the biggest hater of them all,” Rose sneered as Envy approached, “The one that helped me get rid of that annoying bitch.” This caught Envy off guard.
“How did I help you?” Envy asked as he stopped walking.
“Because,” Rose explained, her voice displaying an evil glee, “She had placed her hopes on you that night. When he injected her, her last thought was how you wouldn’t let them take her away.”
“What?” Vengeance asked as Deryn started to walk up next to him.
“Yep, she believed in you, and when she woke up in the Better Living Headquarters, she was devastated. It was too easy to get her out then, and it was all thanks to you.” Rose said with a sickly sweet smile on her lips. “I would applaud you, but they won’t let me.”
“Rose,” Envy said, his voice hardening as his eyes started to grow into slits, “You should know as well as I do that I would never hurt her on purpose. I would’ve kept her here, if it hadn’t been for Alix throwing the sword.”
“Sure, go and blame Alix for your failures,” Rose said, fake innocence dripping from her words like venom, “I bet you blame the others for when Life Bomb got kidnapped as well. Oh that’s right, you do blame them.” Envy started seeing red and was about to reach for his gun when he heard her.
The only true speaker of love is the heart, Pandora whispered in his mind, helping him think again. Clearing his mind, he started to speak, using his heart as he slowly started walking towards her again.
“Yes, I do blame them for what happened, but I blame myself the most for not trying harder. I’ve blamed myself since Pandora got taken, and I’m never gonna live that down. But Rose, you need to understand,” Envy said as he put his hands on her shoulders, finally stopping in front of her, “Pandora’s a fighter, she doesn’t let emotions beat her that easily, and she doesn’t let other’s emotions beat them either, and you know that perfectly.” There was a quick look of pain on Rose’s face, which was hidden quickly.
“So, what does that have to do with anything?” Rose asked, her harsh tone faltering for a brief moment.
“You know exactly, if it wasn’t for her, then you would’ve killed yourself by now, just because of you being alone.”
“Shut it,” Rose warned, her glare slowly vanishing.
“Rose please, you know better than any of us what’ll happen if she stays where she is now. She’ll fade away and you’ll feel even more alone than you do now.”
“Stop,” Rose said, the pain showing in her eyes.
“Please, let her come back, we all need her.” Envy said, feeling like he had just found the answer to life. The glare vanished completely from Rose’s face, as she looked at Envy, anguished.
“I can’t,” she said, though it was barely a whisper.
“Please Rose, we miss her, including me.”
“How can you miss her?”Rose asked, sounding like she was on the verge of crying.
“Because I,” Envy started to say, but stopped before he could say it.
Just say it, or say goodbye to Pandora, he told himself, finally letting the words flow out. “I love her.”
“You…” Rose said as a single green tear slid down her face, before her breathing caught, her face twisting into pain as she cried out in pain.
“Let go,” Envy ordered to Vain and Greif, who released her arms instantly, only to have her fall to her knees.
“Envy,” Rose breathed out, grabbing for the hem of his shirt, dragging him down to her level so they were face to face. “She hasn’t known love, not one that she can remember. So don’t go and give her a reason to forget yours permanently.”
“Got it,” Envy said, nodding his head slightly.
“And they’re coming for you,” Rose said between groans of pain, “The boss is coming tomorrow with his squad to eliminate you all. You won’t be able to stop him, but if you know before they come...” A cry of pain passed through her lips, killing the sentence. Grabbing Envy by the shoulders, she forced out one final statement before she became unconscious. “Protect her, Envy, until you can’t even protect yourself.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no comment, but please tell me yours, just speak your mind.