Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 28

Envy carried Rose back to Pandora’s room, where he left her under Deryn and Vengeance’s guard until he came back. He went around the entire SCD, informing everyone of the attack and to get ready to fight to the death. When he found Dez, he told her to go to Pandora’s room and help Rose get better, which she did without a single complaint. As soon as C.C. was informed, she grabbed her gun, saying that she was already set to go out fighting. He also told Dr. Death-Defying and Life Bomb, who were in the living area, trying to clean up the mess from the last attack. Once he had informed everybody, he went up to the roof to plan.
He was up there for hours, planning attack strategies, as well as tactical retreats if the need ever came. The heat never even started to bother him as he thought. He was thinking too much, and never noticed Greif up on the roof with him until Greif spoke, which brought him back.
“We’ve changed a lot lately.” Since Envy didn’t notice Greif’s presence, hearing him speak shocked him for a moment. However he recomposed himself quickly, motioning for Greif to come closer as he spoke.
“What makes you say that?”
“Because, Vengeance was usually the one that would step up and make plans of action, no matter who said no,” Greif said as he sat down by Envy. Who was staring off towards the sun. “Now he’s a lot more, I don’t know, humble?”
“Really?” Envy asked, barely paying attention.
“Yeah, and Vain was usually majorly careful about things. Not to mention that I used to be more to myself.”
“Uh-huh.”
“And you used to live for the moment, and didn’t even dream of planning anything out.” Envy didn’t say anything in response to that, making Greif sigh and shake his head, his old hair back instead of the straight brown hair he had whenever Pandora was around. “Man, what happened to us?”
“We realized what we were up against,” Envy said, staring off into space as he spoke, “We realized that we couldn’t beat them the way that we were before.” The roof was silent for a minute, only the breeze talking as it danced across the rooftop.
“How’s Pandora doin’?” Greif finally asked, trying to break the awkward silence.
“Don’t know, haven’t seen her since I dropped her off in her room.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, I’ve been getting things set up since then.”
“Jesus, man you’re gonna burn yourself out if you keep doin’ this. You need to at least take a breather, or you won’t even be able to help Pandora.”
“Yeah, I know,” Envy said after a minute of silence, “I’ll go take a breather in a few, just do me somethin’.”
“Yeah, what?”
“Go and pray to whatever you believe in, we may need it.”
“You think we need help from a higher power to beat BL/I?”
“No, I don’t even think their power can help us, not anymore.”

Envy stayed up on the roof for a few hours after swearing to Greif that he would take a break before he went down to Pandora’s room. The sun was setting when he headed down, so he knew someone switched out with Deryn and Vengeance, so that they could get ready for tomorrow. The whole walk back to Pandora’s room, Envy though about what Rose had said about Pandora forgetting love.
“Envy,” C.C. said when he entered the room, turning his thoughts back to the present. Vain was standing near the bookshelf, keeping an eye on the door, the smile he had while he was dancing forever gone, replaced with his usual frown. C.C. had moved the beanbag chair so that she was able to watch both Pandora and the door.
“Hey guys, can I have a moment?” Envy asked, a sympathetic smile gracing his lips for a moment before it died out.
“Sure, we’ll be out in the hallway,” Vain said as he took a step towards the door, C.C. getting up out of the seat.
“Thanks,” Envy replied, stepping out of the way while the two walked out the door, closing it behind them so the song that was playing grew silent at the line ‘Gone forever, and it’s not coming back.’
“That’s a good omen,” Envy muttered sarcastically as he walked over to where Pandora was laying, looking at her face, which still made her look like a little kid, even when she was unconscious. He thought back to the night on the roof, how defenseless she had looked then. She probably would have thrown herself off the building if someone had told her to. “Why does this always happen?” He finally asked aloud, knowing that no one could hear him, “Why can’t life just be better than it has been?” He contemplated this question for awhile, then he left, leaving Vain and C.C. to keep an eye on Pandora. He went back to his room wondering both when Pandora would wake up, as well as if he would ever see her after the attack. He drifted off to sleep with one last thought that constantly looped through his mind.
I just wanna talk to her one more time, then I can die happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
No comment