Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 3

Deryn, C.C., and a few other members of the Second Chance division were scattered around the path that the BL/I van would be taking to the burn site. There were five people altogether, crouching hidden out of the van’s sight, lurking in the blind spots. C.C. was staring out at the road, the white gun that she took from a deceased BL/I goon resting in her right hand, her index finger laying gently against the trigger. Deryn was a few feet away, fixing her shoulder-length silver hair back into a messy ponytail, her purple gun lying on the ground next to her left hand. C.C. took a quick glance out of the corner of her left eye and sighed, as if a child had just hit another little kid for no good reason.
“Do you really have to fix your hair at a time like this?” CC asked, focusing again on the road.
“I don’t want to get my hair in my face,” Deryn said, letting her hair flop down in the ponytail behind her head and picked up her gun off of the ground.
“Then just cut it so it doesn’t get in the way,” C.C. replied, flipping her own cropped dark red hair as an example.
“Fuck no, it took me forever to get my hair like this,” Deryn shot back quickly before noticing a flash of white appear in the corner of her eye, “hey, they’re coming.”
“Then get ready,” C.C. said, aiming her gun towards the road.
“I know, I have done this before,” Deryn replied sarcastically, her eyes turning to slits as she focused her gun with laser accuracy, following the white BL/I van. Three seconds before the van would have passed by Deryn, both tires on the passenger side blew, caused by holes in the tires easily made by the shots from Jay and Dez.
Jay and Dez were both related, but they couldn’t have been more different. Jay had black and neon green hair that was always slightly messy, with a matching neon green bow, was always seen with her midnight black and neon green streaked gun, and was a major emo. Meanwhile, Dez had short medium brown hair that had a tendency to go straight and stiff as a dead guy, would wear any color that she was allowed to, and was a relatively happy girl. Though the two did have a similarity, and that was their hatred in the boss of BL/I. After he killed their parents, as well as their uncle and aunt, they swore to never rest until he was dead.
“Now,” Deryn whispered to herself and shot, hitting the front driver-side tire, leaving the rear tire for C.C. to hit. The van swerved a little to the left, threatening to run off the side of the road, but quickly veered to the right, finally screeching to a halt. A BL/I goon jumped out of the driver side of the van, his gun poised to shoot anything that moved, though he wasn’t fast enough. Before he had time to react, C.C. aimed her gun and shot, hitting the goon square in the chest. He quickly crumpled to the ground, his weight proving to be too much for his legs. He tried to lift his gun up towards where C.C. was, but faltered and died, the gun bouncing out of his stiffening hand. The road was still for a moment, not even the wind was blowing any of the brush or sand. After a minute, Deryn cautiously rose to her knees, then to her feet. She took a step forward as C.C., and the other three members of Second Chance, rose to their feet. All five quickly met up in front of the van’s rear doors, guns in their owner’s hands.
“Alright, Alix, when I give the signal, you open up the doors. Everyone else, prepare to fire. If it’s anyone but Pandora, shoot ‘till the bastard is dead, understood?” C.C. said to the four members. All of them shook their heads in agreement, and Alix, a 19 year old boy with straight brown hair, like Dez’s, strode to the van doors and prepared to fling them open. He had his head turned, so he could see when C.C. gave the signal. Everyone else held their guns, aimed towards the van, and after a quick minute, C.C. nodded her head, signaling to open the door and get out of the way. In one fluid motion, Alix flung open the two back doors and dived to the right, covering his head with his hands.
“Hold your fire siblings,” a voice said from deep in the shadow of the van, “It’s just me and a dead man.”
“Pandora, is that you?” Deryn asked, her gun still poised towards the darkness that lived inside the van.
“Yeah, it’s me,” Pandora said, starting to move out of the shadows, “and you were all five seconds slower than usual.”
“Sorry about that,” Deryn said, slowly lowering her gun, “the sisters lost their guns.”
“Did not!” Jay and Dez said simultaneously, “The new guy kept us waiting on the opening!”
“Hey,” Alix replied, kicking Jay in the shin, “I opened when C.C. said to.”
“Don’t cause conflict amongst yourselves,” Pandora said, her toes dangling off the edge of the van, “That will only help our enemies.” She finally leaped off the edge of the van, all traces of the shadows gone from her features.
Pandora stood tall, her short brown hair gleaming, like her emerald green eyes, in the rising sun along with her gold choker, which went from the base of her neck and rose up, almost covering her entire neck. Resting in the center of the choker was a blood-red gem shaped like an inverted teardrop, and if you looked closely enough, you could see the impression of a keyhole in the center of the gem.
“Sorry,” Alix said, his head bowing down in shame.
“It’s alright, just help me with the body,” Pandora said, jabbing a thumb towards the van, “We got us an adult in there.”
“Alright Pandora,” Alix said, his head high but not making any eye contact with anybody. With the combined effort of the two, they were able to carry the white body bag out of the van and towards the battered tan pickup truck hidden a few yards away from the road.
“Be careful,” Dez said to Jay, lowering the tailgate.
“Of course,” Jay replied, hopping into the driver’s seat of the truck. After a moment, the corpse was laying in the middle of the bed, Deryn unzipping the white plastic so as to chuck it. Though when she was half-way done, she gasped loudly.
“What?” C.C. asked, sitting on roof of the truck’s cab, “Don’t tell me he doesn’t have a head.”
“No, he’s,” Deryn stammered, staring at the face of the man inside the bag, “He’s gorgeous.”
“Oh for the love of god,” C.C. replied, shaking her head in a small defeat, “We don’t have time to focus of how hot guys are, we have to get going.”
“Alright, just give me a moment,” Deryn replied, stripping the bag off the human carcass and tossing it off the truck in a wadded heap. “There, I’m done. Are you happy now, since we can leave?”
“Yep, and it took you long enough,” C.C. replied, a sarcastic smile plastered on her face. Everyone was sitting in the bed except for Jay and Alix, who were in the cab of the truck.
“What have I said about fighting?” Pandora said, shooting a glare out of the corner of her right eye in Deryn and C.C.’s direction.
“We were just having a little banter,” C.C. replied, waving her hand casually, quickly trying to drop the subject.
“Then tell me, C.C., who was it that declared the banter to be a friendly and kind thing?” Pandora replied, her back resting against the back of the cab. C.C. lowered her head in defeat, and the ride to the Second Chance headquarters was a silent one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's my first major update in forever!!! I hope you guys like it, and if you do, then please comment, and if not, oh well.