Status: If by some miracle you do like what I have here, I might try to update more regularly

The fabulous Killjoys: After SING

Chapter 7

Rose woke up five minutes before the sun would rise like she usually did. Quickly getting changed into her black and white BL/I long-sleeved shirt and dark blue flared denim jeans, she walked out of her room and started towards the front door and it’s gates. Her Egyptian-styled sandals were clamped in her left hand. She was five steps from the main doors, the glass panels showing the first rays of light for the day, when she heard the sound of brisk footsteps tapping behind her. Trying to make it out before the sun started to rise, she started to quicken her pace, trying to at least make it out the front doors, though when she was only an arm’s reach away, she felt a firm grip on her right shoulder tug her back, almost making her lose her balance.
“And where do you think you’re going?” Ms. Chong asked, her Asian accent flowing out in waves with her piercing sharp words, “You know that you are not allowed out without an order.”
“I was going to go and watch the sunrise,” Rose said, lowering her gaze, “I always love looking at the different colors as the sun rises up.”
“Well,” Ms. Chong replied, her words snipped, “the Boss needs to see you in the Morgue Chambers right away, so I’m afraid you won’t be able to see your precious sunrise.”
“Yes ma’am, I’ll go to the Morgue Chambers right now,” Rose said, quickly rushing past the petite Chinese woman, almost stepping on and falling over her pant legs in the process. She turned down the hallway and kept the constant pace that she had until she got to the doors that led into the main Morgue Chambers. The doors were steel, and double-plated, so anyone that tried to blow the door off its hinges would be sadly disappointed. The only way in was a simple fingerprint scanner that would only let a few top people, including Ms. Chong, her uncle, and herself, in. Opening up the doors, she made her way towards the back, where her assignments were usually stored whenever she had Morgue duty. The reinforced steel door was slightly ajar, granting Rose access to see what was inside the chamber before she opened the door all the way. When she opened the door, a feeling of impending dread poured out of the small room. There were three steel tables that held one body each, covered by a pure white sheet. Her uncle was standing next to the table at the far end, holding up a part of one sheet so that he could see the person’s head without anyone else being able to identify the carcass. Upon hearing the door open, Charles lifted his head up to see who had entered through, dropping the sheet back over the person.
“Ah, Rose, glad you could make it to work today,” Uncle Charles said, his tone warm and inviting to Rose’s ears.
“Sorry Boss, I was going to go watch the sunrise, and-”
“No need to worry,” Charles said, quickly cutting Rose off before she could finish her explanation, “I took the obligation of deactivating the security cameras in the Morgue Chambers so you could work with no worries.”
“Yes sir,” she replied, slightly bowing her head in approval “Thank you.”
“Now, on to your assignment for today,” Charles said as he cautiously made his way towards Rose, being careful not to hit any of the tables. “It might be a little challenging for you, but in order for one to go forward in life…”
“They must be able to take challenges head-on,” Rose finished, starting to get bored with the commonly used quote her uncle had a tendency to say, whenever he could.
“Correct, now do you remember the four attackers that came here and took the one child?”
“Yes sir, we burned their bodies once we were sure they were dead.” A sick and twisted smile started to spread on Charles’ face, making the hair on the back of Rose’s neck stand on end.
“No, only the leader of the group was burned, but the other three were kept here, for recruits,” Charles said gleefully, walking back towards the silver table, that was farthest away from the door. “When we got them, I thought that we should try a new way of recruiting.”
“By resurrecting the dead?” Rose asked, appalled by the very thought. “But that’s just inhumane.”
“No it’s not my dear,” Charles said as he motioned her towards the table, “And if you continue to think that helping another life is inhumane, then you will lose yours, understand?” By then, Rose was standing at the end of the table, staring at the form made by the white sheet.
“Yes sir, I understand completely,” she replied, not taking her eyes off the sheet while she locked up the disgust she was feeling.
“Good, I’m glad you understand,” he replied, clapping his hands together, as if he had just seen a performance that made him smile for the first time. “Now, let’s get back to work, shall we?”
“Yes sir.”
“Now, the first one that I want done is this one,” he said, all his movements, as well as his tone were suddenly more professional. “He wasn’t the last one to go down, but he took the most shots and was still standing so that he could shoot more of our men down.” He pulled the sheet off and Rose’s heart caught in her throat.
Lying on the table was the most beautiful man she had ever seen before. His face was smooth and expressionless, as if it was carved into his skin. Framing his face was a head of wavy black hair that curled out at the ends.
Get him out of here, if that’s how you feel about him, the voice in her head said, its words echoing around. In fact, get them all out of here, and if you do that, then just imagine how excited Vengeance will be when he sees them again.
Wait, who’s Vengeance?
“Rose, pay attention to what I’m telling you,” Charles barked, bringing Rose back out of her head and into the real world. Her uncle had already walked away from the table and started talking about the man on the next table, a blonde haired man, with a cleft and perpetual frown etched into his face. “Now, you can save this one for last, considering he was both the first to go down after the leader, and that he only needed one shot in order to get killed. Anyways, moving on.”
“Are all three of them male?” Rose asked, trying to sound professional, like her uncle.
“Of course they are, did you expect a bunch of girls to be the ones that killed off a tenth of our guards?”
“No sir, I was just curious.”
“Well then, if you’re done being curious, I would like to finish giving my directions to you.”
“I’m sorry sir, I swear I’m done interrupting you,” Rose replied, lowering her head in humility.
“Good, now as for this last man, he was easy to shoot down, but he was the last one that got shot out of the four of them.” Charles removed the sheet from the third table to reveal a guy with a slightly rounded face, stubble on his chin, and the curliest, brown hair known to mankind.
I wonder how long his hair would be if it was straight? Rose thought to herself, a smirk flashing on and off her face.
And you can only imagine the conversations about hair that you would hear between Deryn and this guy.
Alright, who the Hell are you talking about?
All in good time, my friend, all in good time.
“So what was the purpose in burning the leader? Considering strength in positions, didn’t we get rid of the strongest ally in this group?”
“Yes, but if we brought back all four of them, then it would’ve been a matter of time before they would try to attack the Head Quarters again, and then we would be right back where we started. That reminds me, when you bring the three back, influence them so that they will follow my orders and only mine, understand?”
“Yes sir.”
“Then I will leave you to it. I will be in the Scarecrow Unit, waiting for you and the other three to show up.” And with those words, Charles strode out of the room, closing the doors behind him as he left the Morgue Chambers, Rose, and three dead men.
“Bye Uncle Charles,” Rose mumbled under her breath as she moved the tables so that all three tables were connected. Standing on the support beam of curly-haired man’s table, she reached over the man to grab the blonde guy’s hand, placing it on the brunette, right where his heart would be located. Content with the position, she hopped off the support beam and did the same thing with the black-haired guy, grabbing the blonde’s other hand and placing it over his heart. When she was done, it looked like the blonde was trying to hold back the other two in his sleep.
“Alright,” Rose said to herself, settling down in the chair that was close to the raven-haired man. “Now it’s time for the fun part.” She let her head drop down and she was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to make you all happy, here's the beginning of the rest of the killjoys coming back :D