Sequel: Exposure

Flustered

You could say that I'm distracted.

But you got me so attracted.

“You’re adorable.” said Sam, popping a piece of fruit in her mouth.

Sierra had just got done telling her best friend about her last encounter with Tyler in the hallway. After the ‘hand-homework-incident,’ the dark haired male had been making “very obvious passes,” according to Sam, at Sierra, leaving her blushing and flustered.

“Shut up.” Sierra grumbled, taking a bite from her sandwich.

Earlier that day, the Lockwood boy had efficiently blocked Sierra from getting into her locker by leaning against it. He had stopped by to ask about the homework they had in English and had moved off her locker only to stand extremely close to her. Sierra had gotten a nose full of his cologne and ended up dropping all of her books. He, of course, had bent to help her and this time Sierra didn’t miss the smirk or the way his hand brushed against hers.

“He totally wants you.” Sam said, jabbing an apple slice at her.

Sierra made a face in disagreement and Sam threw her hands into the air.

“Oh my god, his actions say it all. Hello? Unwarranted touches while going over homework? Random locker stalkage? And c’mon, everyone knows the whole ‘pick up books’ move is just so he can, like, stare into your eyes all romantically!”

Sierra quickly shushed her best friend before turning to look around to see if anyone had heard her outburst.

“Keep your voice down, someone could hear you.” Sierra chastised and Sam rolled her eyes before falling back into her chair and finishing off her fruit.

“Oh please. You’re just mad because I’m right.”

Sierra said nothing and sat back before finishing off her sandwich.

“Look, there he is now. Just go over to him, sit on his lap and go for it.” Sam was waggling her brows and Sierra rolled her eyes.

“Oh yeah, because that’s what normal girls do.”

“That’s my point! Go be not-normal-Sierra and ravage him against the table!”

“As much fun as that would be, I’m not you.” Sierra smirked and Sam feigned being hurt.

“Are you implying that I’m a whore? I think you’re implying that I’m a whore.”

“No, I’m saying that my ways of going about things are different than yours.”

“That’s just a fancy way of calling me a whore. And your ‘ways of going about things’ involve obsessing from afar. You need to seize the day and jam your tongue down his throat.”

Sierra glared at her friend and opened her pudding. There was a moment of silence before Sam opened her mouth again.

“A certain someone is staring at you.”

Sierra’s head popped up and she immediately began looking around the cafeteria. After a moment, dark eyes met her own and she felt her face burn. Tyler was casually sitting in his chair and staring right at her. He raised his brows when she looked at him and smirked. Sierra made a noise in her throat and quickly turned back to her table, heart pounding. Sam burst into laughter and shook her head.

“Shut. Up.” the brown eyed girl mumbled, which only made her best friend laugh harder. Sam then patted Sierra’s shoulder in fake sympathy, which resulted in her getting stabbed with a plastic spoon.

“Hey, now. Save that aggression for Tyler when he takes you to his bedroom.” Sam gave Sierra a saucy wink before ducking as the blushing girl went to smack her.

“I hate you.”

◊◊◊


Tyler couldn’t help the satisfied grin that enveloped his face. One of the few perks of being a werewolf was his new keen sense of hearing. He could listen to almost anything, anywhere. Ever since he accidentally overheard Sierra and her friend talking about him at the grill, he couldn’t help but eavesdrop on them more often.

It was addicting, hearing the two girls discuss him and listening to Sierra get embarrassed. She was so easy to fluster, he found out, after purposefully putting himself in awkward situations with her. The way she blushed and suddenly became accident prone around him was adorable and quite the ego boost. More often than not, he’d catch himself “listening” to her just talk. Her voice was just like any other girl’s, but her’s had a special something about it. He couldn’t put his finger on exactly what it was, but he liked it. A lot.

“That’s my point! Go be not-normal-Sierra and ravage him against the table!”

“As much fun as that would be, I’m not you.”

Tyler smirked as he idly played with his plastic fork. He could hear them clearly, as if he was sitting at their table. Suddenly, images of him and Sierra rolling around on the table in front of him popped into his mind and his smirk grew into a wicked grin. That would be fun. Ever since he had found about her little crush on him, he had been watching her. Not creepily like some stalker, just casual glances. At first glimpse, she looked to be just a normal, quiet little girl. But after a couple days of close speculation, Tyler found that she was much more attractive than that.

She was of average size with an average frame, which caused her to be overlooked by everyone. What they didn’t notice were now nice her legs were and how her big, pouty lips complimented her face. Which was fine with him. Let everyone overlook her, he didn’t need anyone else moving in on her. At that thought, the football player shook his head. He was growing quite a soft spot for the girl and wasn’t sure if he was okay with it.

Tyler Lockwood wasn’t normal. Hell, he wasn’t even human. He was a werewolf for crying out loud. Sierra was a normal. Sierra was human. She was a polite, innocent girl. She didn’t need to be thrown into his kind of life and if he wanted - well, it didn’t matter what he wanted, she was off limits. Kind of. Maybe.

Tyler sighed to himself before glancing over at her. Her brown curls sat on her head in a ponytail and swished back and forth as she talked. He could see the side of her face from his position and watched the way her lips formed words and smiled.

When her friend informed her that he was indeed staring, her eyes met his. He raised his eyebrows in acknowledgement and smirked when she immediately blushed. She looked away quickly and he shook his head, letting a chuckle escape him. He looked back towards his friends and slouched back when it was obvious they hadn’t noticed anything. He didn’t want to tell anyone about her, not out of embarrassment, but because he wasn’t exactly an ‘open’ person.

With that, he went back to his lunch and began to pay attention to his friends and their stories about parties and girls, all while thinking about Sierra and her melodic voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Asdfghjkl. My ovaries can't take much more of this.
Thanks for reading.