Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 14

ERIN'S POV

"And no drinking, okay? Stay away from anyone you don't know, even of they look nice. You know what, just stay with me Make sure you don't trip up or anything, so be careful where you walk...are you really gonna wear those heels?"

Alex was giving me another lecture on how to stay safe at Rian's housewarming/announcement party. He looked quite good actually, dressed in a plain white tshirt, black vest, red skinnies and converse. Plus his signature beenie. He wouldn't let me wear mine in case we clashed. Idiot. I was stood before him in a light green strapless dress, tight just under my boobs, then it sort of just flowed down loosely, stopping midway down my thighs. Of course, I wasn't going to wear these stilettos I had on, I knew you weren't supposed to wear high heels when you're pregnant, but I just wanted a reaction out of him.

Alex looked at me in pure shock, and it was only so long before I burst out laughing. His face went stern. "Seriously, are you going to wear those? Because of you are, I'm not taking you to the party. You're fucking pregnant, no lady with my baby is wearing fucking stilettos! And stop laughing at me dammit!"

I calmed myself down as I wiped the years from my eyes. "I was only joking Alex, bloody hell you aren't half protective," I said, slipping off the shoes and replacing them with a black pair of converse. I heard Alex mutter something but it was incoherent, so I just didn't bother. He probably didn't want me to hear anyway of he was speaking that quietly.

"Better?" I asked.

"Much," Alex nodded.

When we arrived at the party, we were a little late, so it was already in full swing when we arrived. It wasn't crazy...just energetic. Alex lead me through to the kitchen, handing me a bottled water and took himself out a beer. When I raised an eyebrow he just answered "What? It's just one, I'll be fine. No more, I promise."

Well 3 bottles, 6 shots, 4 cans and 1 glass later, Rian was about to make his announcement. "Alex! Behave! Just...stand there..." I said, trying to support Alex who was trying to feel up as many women as possible that passed by. Including Jack and Zack's girlfriends, who laughed when he tried to feel up Jack and Zack.

Rian got up, standing on his couch, trying not to fall over. Maybe he'd had a bit too much as well. "Hey guys! Thanks for coming out!"

"I LOVE YOU RIAN!" Alex shouted, as he drunkenly walked around clapping and wooded for him. The room was silent, and Alex still yelled "BOW EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP RIAN IS TRYING TO TALK!" Oh lord...I went to reclaim Alex, quietly apologising to Rian.

"Nah it's okay, I'm used to it by now, and I love you too Alex!" that earned him a little chuckle. "Now, seriously though, my announcement. Well, you all know how I've been dating Cassadee for a good while now...well I asked her to marry me. And she said yes!" We all clapped and went to congratulate them. I was scared to leave Alex alone, but Jack said he'd look after him while I went to congratulate Cassadee. She was pretty much my only girl friend over here, and I'd spoken to her whenever Rian brought her along.

"Hey! Congratulations!" I said to her, when I finally found her.

"Ah thanks babe, I just couldn't say no to that little potato over there," she said and we chuckled. "So when do you think Alex is gonna pop the question?"

Well that took me by surprise. "Ern...he's not, we're just friends," I mumbled.

Cassadee laughed at me. "Oh Erin, when you and Alex are as close as you are, it's only a matter of time. I mean come on, haven't you seen how the guy looks at you? Put him out of his misery and admit you have feelings for him."

"But I don't! And Alex doesn't look at me like anything! We're friends, why does nobody believe me?" I sighed. Because I so badly wanted what she was saying to be true.

Cassadee rolled her eyes. "Come on, it's as plain to see as the nose on your face. Nobody believes you because we know it's not true. I think he may love you. Why don't you see it?"

"Because he's so much better than me," I choked out and burst into tears. Cassadee put her arms around me and held me as I cried. "Sorry, it's just the hormones," I sniffled.

"Yeah, hormones, right," she said, looking at me with a faint smile, understanding. But she didn't understand that there was no way a guy like Alex would fall for a girl like me.

"So...wedding plans?" I asked, changing the topic. Cassadee looked at me funny before answering.

Just as we had finished our chat, Jack burst in the room. "Guys...we need some animal maintenance going on, I think Alex had one too many shots, now he's trying to take his clothes off for a midnight run..."

I sighed. "Hometime for me. See you later Cass, Jack. Tell Rian I said congrats." And with that I went to rescue Rians guests from Alex's drunken ways.

When I finally managed to get him in the car strapped up, he leaned over and GOD I could smell the alcohol on him. "Hey pretty lady, wanna take a ride," he winked.

"Alex, I'm going to drive us home, and you are going to bed."

"Only if you come with me," he said, pervetedly, kissing my neck...which I admit, felt good, but I had to take us home, and get Alex sobered up.

I sighed and pushed Alex off me, and drove us home.

When we got in, I took Alex's shoes and vest off, and walked him upstairs. Guess this was mom training. I thought he'd gotten to sleep by the time I was in bed, but clearly not as he burst into my room just as I was about to turn the lamp off.

"What is it Alex?" I was really tired, and pissed off. I wanted sleep.

"I just...I don't know...I..." but before he could finish, he fell onto the carpet. I got out of bed to check he was okay, and got him into a sitting position, leaning against the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, as I checked for bruises. He looked fine.

"Yeah...but why are their posters of me in your room?" I had to laugh at his dazed, confused expression, like there was a huge puzzle he couldn't figure out.

"Well I'm glad you're okay, do you want-"

And that was when Alex grabbedy face and crashed his lips to mine. I was surprised, taken aback by the force of his lips, but then my eyes closed and his tongue stroked mine and it was filled with passion and heat...and love. I think...it wasn't like any of the kisses I'd had before...it was different. Like he really cared. And for a moment, I let Cassadee's words sink in. Then I realised Alex was drunk and we were just friends. Close friends, yes, but friends. So I pulled away and his eyes looked hurt, but still filled with the memory of that kiss. "It's time for bed," I sighed.

"Wait!" I turned as I stopped trying to get up. Alex looked me in the eye. "Can't I stay with you?"

After considering I let him get in the same bed, but no clothes came off, much to his dismay...and mine too, although I'd ordered him not to take off any clothes, so we just lay there, in the comfort of each others arms. And for that night it was enough. I felt safe. I'm not sure if it's what best friends do...but I didn't care. Not tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the next few chapters are gonna actually have something interesting in them...at least I hope you find them interesting. I think they are but that's just my opinion. Let me know what you think of this! I already have plans for another ATL fanfic :) but I'm gonna see this one through first, I PROMISE!