Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 20

ALEX'S POV

"Alex, where are we going?" Erin whined.

A corner of my mouth pulled up. "Wait and see."

She pouted next to me in the passenger seat. "Well how long will we be? I really don't wanna leave Ja-"

"She'll be okay," I interrupted. Erin stressed way too much. I mean, yeah, I got worried too, but not half as much as she did. Guess it's a mom thing. "Jack and Alex are watching her, they'll be fine." Her eyes widened at Jacks name. She trusted him...but not so much with a baby. I was sure Alex would keep him in check though. Yeah I know, his girlfriend is called Alex. I guess now the fans can actually have a real life jalex...it gets so confusing! To save my bacon I added "And Rian and Cassadee will be along too, me and Rian and Jack are off to plan his stag night, and Cassadee wants to talk to you and Alex about girl stuff, remember? I don't know what they're on about doing with Zack and Hannah, they'll probably fly out in a couple of weeks."

Erin groaned. "I really don't understand why they wanted a winter wedding. It's freezing! I thought it was supposed to be warmer in America!"

I laughed. "Not when it snows!"

It was mid-November. Rian and Cassadee were getting married on the 15th of December, a Saturday. Oh yeah, and the day after my birthday. It had just so happened that it 'slipped his mind'. Bullshit. Also, it meant we couldn't go out and get him drunk, because he was fucking on his honeymoon ( <-didn't even realise what I wrote there sounded wrong until I'd put it...it's staying ;D). 

Jasey was now four and a half months old. Her eyes finally settled on the exact same shade of green that Erin had. But apparently she had my face...her hair was like Erin's too, but maybe like a shade lighter. A tiny shade lighter. We still hadn't got a dog, we just never got round to it.

Until today. I pulled up outside the kennels, and turned to face Erin. "So, we wanted a dog, and now we are getting one...or maybe two. Yeah, let's get two. Come on," I said and got out of the car. When I realised Erin wasn't walking towards the place with me, I came back to the car and opened her door. "Hey, come on, what are you waiting for?"

Her eyebrows pulled together. "Alex, I don't think it's really wise...I mean she's only a baby, her health-"

"Will only improve around a dog. When that check up lady came round she said the same thing! She basically offered to buy us one! You heard what they said, it'll be good for her."

I could tell she was trying to think of another excuse, but she let it go and shrugged. This time we both headed to the kennels. Erin stopped me just before we got through the doors. I looked down at her. "Do we have enough money? I mean, I still haven't looked for a job..." This was getting ridiculous. She was worried about money all the god damn time! She kept stressing that I'd go mad if she didn't give me any money for living with me or anything. She was my child's mother, did she really think I wanted money off her or I'd kick her out? Seriously, and plus, I'm famous! I'm in a band, I HAVE the money, what the hell was she worrying about? It just stopped me spending money on stupid stuff...well I still could but I tried not to. Erin wouldn't thank me if I brought something that would harm Jasey Rae.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Seriously? Is that what this is about? Money?" She nodded. "Look, Erin, I don't care. I have the money, I have more than enough! I don't want any money from you, you just look after our child, okay? As if you don't already. Now stop worrying about it all, you seriously need to stop, and besides, when we next go on tour, do you plan on leaving Jasey alone or with a babysitter while you go and work? Because I know you hate to leave her with friends, let alone strangers, okay?" Finally she nodded and sighed.

After an hour of debating over which dogs to get, we finally chose two papillons. We filled out all the forms, bought all the stuff we needed and they said we could pick them up tomorrow.

"Just so you know, I think I should name the dogs," I told Erin on the drive back.

She laughed. "Is this because you don't want a dog named after one of your songs again?"

"Exactly. Plus, we got two boys, so you can't name them after a song." I smiled when Erin poked her tongue out and scowled.

"I hate you."

"Love you too babe." I was kind of gutted me and Erin hadn't got together yet...but between Jasey, the band and the wedding, I really hadn't had time to try and make my move on Erin. We just continued like best friends. But I could kind of guess that Erin had more feelings for me now, it seemed like we were both on the same page, but it was hard when I had no time to take her out on a date. Even if Jasey came with us, which I actually really wouldn't mind. Then when she was older we could keep telling her that she was there when her parents had their first date. 

As soon as we walked through the door, I was pushed right back out of it again. "Come on dude, we have a party to plan!" Jack yelled as Rian threw me over his shoulder and carried-yes CARRIED- me to his car.

"See you later girls!" Jack shouted as we drove off. 

ERIN'S POV

I couldn't help but laugh at the look on Alex's face as Rian kidnapped him. The car drove away and I closed the door behind me.

"So what took you two so long?" Alex smirked, a little twinkle in her eye. Cassadee was giving me the same look. I got the feeling I should be nervous.

"Erm...we were buying dogs...why?"

Their faces fell a little when they knew I was telling the truth. They let out a sigh.

"When are you two gonna sort yourselves out? We thought he'd taken you on a date or something!" Alex said, almost pulling out her hair she was that frustrated.

My eyes widened. "What? Why would you think that? We're friends!"

Cassadee rolled her eyes. "I don't think friends have a child together and flirt all the time, always cuddling and holding hands and having quiet nights in...sounds a lot like a couple to me, wouldn't you say so Alex?"

Alex nodded her head. "Yup, I agree."

I sighed. "Whatever, what do you need to talk about the wedding stuff?"

They both smiled at me, a little in sympathy I guessed. I really wish Alex would ask me out on a date. I love him so much, I just hoped that one day he knew exactly how much. We divulged ourselves in wedding information and hen night plans, which I wouldn't be attending because, well, baby. I really didn't wanna leave her with a babysitter. The girls tried to convince me, but as much as I love them, I loved my baby more.

ALEX'S POV

We were half way through stag night plans, when I suddenly realised something. 

"Hey, guys, I'm really sorry Rian, but I won't be able to come."

Rian looked at me. "I know it's your birthday, but we can do a double thing."

I shook my head. "It's not that. Jasey will be left on her own. Erin deserves a night out and it's not fair for her to have to stay and look after the baby when she'll be doing it all the time we're on tour March and April, so I'll stay and look after Jasey."

"Can't you get a babysitter or something?" Jack asked. 

Again, I shook my head. "You know how Erin is about leaving her with you guys, let alone a babysitter. Nah, I gotta stay, it's really not fair on Erin otherwise."

Rian sighed. "When are you gonna ask that girl out? She's head over heels for you, anyone can see that."

I laughed a little shakily. "Come on guys, you know that's only the fangirl in her."

Jack's mouth dropped open in exasperation. "Seriously? Dude have you SEEN all the fans on twitter telling you to ask her out?! They want Alex and Erin to get married apparently."

"The fans aren't always right..."

Rian cut me off. "No but we are, and you can't deny you love that girl."

He was right. I couldn't. "But I don't know how to make her mine," I confessed.

Their eyes widened. "Woah, Rian pinch me, I think Alex just said he didn't know how to get a girl...OUCH! Not that fucking hard!"

"Guys! This is serious! What do I do?" I really needed their help. 

Rian put a serious face on. "Look, just...be you. Keep doing what you're doing but sit a little closer to her, stand nearer, put your hand on her back, take her out and kiss her...but I thought you knew all that?"

I shrugged. "I just don't think I could ever be good enough for her."

"Dude, seriously? She loves you, and you love her. Anyone can see that. Just ask her out, please! It's actually annoying that you're still 'friends'," Jack said, a little annoyance in his voice.

"Gee Jack, thanks a bunch for all the support," I said rolling my eyes.

"Yup, no problemo. Just hurry your fat ass up before some stranger beats you to it."
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's up! I guess this one is another filler too...it may be more than a couple chapters, I'm thinking of making it a little longer. And Alex, I told you you'd like this chapter ;) and guess what? While I was writing this story it had completely slipped my mind about Alex's dogs :') DONT HURT ME! *dodges rotten tomatoes* also I didn't know what breed Peyton is so I just put papillon to make life easy :') hope you guys liked it! Gotta do some college work, and then if there's time I'll upload again! :D let me know what you think!