Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 23

ERIN'S POV

"What about this?" Alex pointed to a huge pink box which on the display contained four rag dolls, a rabbit, a cat, a teddy and a girl, all dressed in pink and a patchwork quilt. I nodded in approval.

We were shopping for Jasey's gifts. So far we had a few clothing sets for her, some teddy's in varying degrees of size, a set of Peter Rabbit books, some shoes, a patchwork cushion, a small rocking horse and that was pretty much it. Alex had already bought a lot for her, and then there was the contributing factor of grandparents who wanted to spoil her.

While we were at the store I picked up a few pots of that baby food stuff, some soothers and pacifiers and other stuff, because Jasey had started teething. It was a little earlier than normal, but the nurses said it was fine, that she was just developing a little quicker, but it was nothing to worry about. Plenty of babies did it. Apparently it was impressive that she could crawl already. You should have seen Alex's face when she laughed for the first time. I thought he was about to burst into tears from happiness.

"I don't think we're gonna find much more...I mean as long as she's got something to open, right?" Alex nodded in agreement as we headed to the check out. Alex paid and we headed out to somehow figure out how we were gonna fit everything in the car.

I took out the stuff that was for her teething and everything, and went to put it in the backseat in a way so as the glass jars wouldn't break, and so Alex had more room to fit everything in the trunk. When everything was finally sorted, he slammed the car shut and leaned against it in relief. "Thank god that's over with. I don't think I could deal with another person telling me that I wouldn't find anything because I'd brought her too much already."

I laughed and leaned next to him. That comforting arm of his automatically went around my shoulders. "Well it is your own fault. I still don't understand why you didn't anticipate this...she is gonna grow up spoiled and you're gonna be one of those dads who gives in way too easily. Well done. You are creating a monster," I joked.

He poked his tongue out at me. "Whatever. Let's just go home and relieve Zack of baby duty."

Today was the 13th of December, tomorrow was Alex's birthday and Saturday was the wedding. I was so nervous for tomorrow. I'd taken the girls advice, but I didn't know if it would work. Luckily, I'd called Zack to help. He was gonna take Alex over to Rian's, and then he, Rian and Jack would keep him occupied while the girls came round to help me set up his present. They would take him out tonight as a kinda birthday/stag do, rather than have Rian hungover the morning of his wedding, and then do whatever during the day, and drop him back around sixish. Jasey was staying, because I knew he'd want to see her on his birthday, so I figured what was the harm?

We got in, said hi to Zack, Alex immediately went to cuddle with his daughter and fuss a little over the dogs. He was a good father, he couldn't wait to spend every minute of everyday with her. I guess that's because he knew he'd be on tour in March and April. Zack helped me get all the presents in, and we put them in the guest room, to save clutter. As soon as we were done, I took a laughing Jasey off him, and kissed Alex's cheek, smiling at him. "Now have some fun mr Gaskarth, but not too much! Jasey still wants to see you alive tomorrow!"

"Huh? What are you talking abo-" But he was unable to finish his sentence as Zack dragged him away.

I sighed to myself and sat down, holding Jasey and bouncing her up and down on my lap. "Well Jasey, tomorrow is mommy's D-day. I hope it all works out." After a while I put her in her play pen with Sebastian and Peyton, and because I was lazy, when she got tired, we just slept on the sofa cuddled up, the small dogs curled up with us.

ALEX'S POV

"Dude, why the hell did you push your stag do forward?" I asked Rian as we ordered our drinks. We were at a small bar, not a club. Rian had said he didn't want everyone to get drunk and hook up...meaning me. Alex control squad, that's what he was. Or at least, the president of it. We had been to a casino and placed some bets, and surprisingly won a lot of them.

The whole of the band and crew looked at each other, as if they were all hiding something. Finally he answered.

"Well I just really wanted you here...and it's kinda your birthday thing too, seen as you won't be going out tomorrow."

"I might go out tomorrow, maybe take Erin and Jasey out somewhere. Sorry guys, I kinda just wanna spend tomorrow with them...I guess you all know why by now." I knew they all knew. Mainly because I kept getting them text me telling me to grow some balls and ask her out.

They all laughed. "Erm...nah, Alex, you won't wanna go out tomorrow. I mean...all the snow...and...erm...stuff..." Jeff said.

Oh great, this meant they were planning a surprise. For god sake, if I didn't get to see my daughter on my own birthday then fuck! Someone would be hit. And I would laugh at them.

*****

When I woke up, the light was coming through an unfamiliar pair of curtains. Shit, where was I? I didn't have to wonder for long because soon enough, Jack came through the door. "Hey, you're up. Good. Get dressed. You're hungover and need some pills and coffee and food before you go home. Oh and happy birthday by the way. You're officially 26, you old piece of shit."

I was way too groggy and it was way too early. What the hell was I drinking last night? So I followed his instructions and went downstairs to see Jack and Alex making out on his couch. I coughed and they split apart a little.

"Oh hey. it's all out in the kitchen for yah." I nodded and ate, drank, swallowed pills then used his shower.

When I'd finished with everything, I asked Jack the time. When he checked his watch his eyes popped. "Oh shit, we need to get you home!" He rushed me to the door and into his car.

"Huh, why, what's going on?" I was confused.

"It's like 5:30, not in the morning, in the afternoon." WHAT? NO! I was supposed to spend the day with my family! Well...best friend and daughter, but still!

Jack drove as fast as he could, and when he got to my house, he didn't follow me out of the car like usual. He just winked at me, laughed, and drove off.

Strange boy.

I unlocked the house and stepped inside. "Hey! Erin! I'm sorry I'm so late! I don't know how much I drank but-" I stopped in my tracks.

Because when I entered my living room, the couches were pushed aside, the play pen had disappeared, there was just some cushions and a sort of picnic blanket with a buffet type thing. The lights were off, curtains drawn, candles and petals everywhere, and some music, probably Erin's, because it sounded a lot like the stuff she listened to, was playing.

But that wasn't the best part. Standing in front of me, Erin was wearing her hair down, with a white hairband, hardly any make up, and a short white dress, tight around the waist. No shoes.

She smiled at me. "Happy birthday Alex...and...would you like to go on date with me?"

I laughed. "Damn girl, you bet me to it."
♠ ♠ ♠
so finally they're getting somewhere! I know this chapter was kind of boring, but I needed a big filler chapter. Hopefully you didn't mind too much! It will get better, I promise!!!