Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 24

ALEX'S POV

Okay, Erin is a really great cook. And I was finally able to flirt with her, and be something more than just friends, because this was a date...and my birthday present.

"Hey, Erin...where's Jasey? And Sebastian and Peyton?" I asked, it was kind of weird not having them around the house.

"Well...they were gonna be here...I thought you'd wanna see them on your birthday, but your mom and dad found out about this and said that they'd been waiting so long for us to go on a date because they wanted to feel like real baby sitters, so they wouldn't let me say no to them having Jasey and the pups." When Erin said that, she was blushing. I chuckled.

"I've been having it for months now, everyone telling me to make my move, and now you make the move! My ego is wounded!" I joked. Erin cocked her head to one side. We'd finished the food, so we were just sort of sat together in the faint glow of the candles.

"Why didn't you? You know...make your move?" she asked.

I took in a deep breath before answering. " I was scared...I was scared you'd reject me and leave, and possibly take Jasey with you. I couldn't deal with that, with losing you, or with losing both of you. I just...I mean..." I turned so I was properly looking her in the eyes. "When I told you I loved you, I didn't mean it just as friends...Erin, I've been head over heels in love with you from the first week I met you. And I'm glad I did, because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do this."

And then I kissed her. Neither of us were drunk, she didn't think it was a dream, and we weren't at a party where the party scene would get the best of us. It was a kiss. A real kiss. Gentle and soft, filled with all the love we could never communicate through words. I just needed her to know how much I loved her, and I think she felt the same. No...I know she felt the same.

Erin was the first to pull away, but she only left an inch or two of space between our lips. "Alex, I could never leave you, much less take Jasey away from you. I'd say I fell in love with you the first week too, but we both know I fell for you long before you knew me, the first time I heard your songs, that was it for me. I guess I just never realised my dreams would actually come true."

I laughed softly. "Stay awake, because dreams only last for night. and guess what?"

"What?" she chuckled.

"This isn't a dream."

And once again we kissed. But it was more heated.

"Hey, Alex, want some desert?" she said grinning. I returned the smile and let her lead me upstairs, to her room.

There were candles and petals decorating the room again, and that bed looked so inviting. It was only a matter of minutes before I had her in it, no clothes to separate our skin, just me and her, so we could forget about the world for a little while. Well...maybe not entirely.

"Erm, Erin?" I said weakly. "There's a tiny problem."

"What?" she asked cautiously, from beneath me. I stared into those beautiful green eyes, probably worrying about an imminent rejection.

"I don't think I can...perform....with him watching." I pointed to the wall covered with posters of me. We both burst into laughter
♠ ♠ ♠
woooo! I like this...if you don't...well screw you ;) no but seriously, thanks for reading. It's not finished yet though! We still have a wedding to get through! Who the hell am I gonna have as Rian's best man? maybe they can share it or something. Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading it! More to come tomorrow, or maybe a little chapter tonight. Depended on how tired I get, gotta be up at six tomorrow for college -_- love you all!