Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 30

ERIN'S POV

I woke up to Jasey slapping my face. "No, honey, stop. Mommy's getting up, okay? Just stop."

I sighed and got out of bed to change Jasey's clothes, and then my own. I wore denim shorts, black knee socks, a red camisole top and grey hoodie. It was warm out, I was practically dying of heat inside the house. Jasey wouldn't need a coat this morning. I fed the dogs and fed Jasey, trying to stop her from flinging food al over the kitchen. That child was one messy eater. Kinda like Alex, I mean, have you ever seen him with a burger? If you haven't, you don't want to. Believe me. I thought back to how she was before Alex had left for tour, and realised how different she looked now to then. Alex would be surprised.

Jasey was a little bigger, had more hair, was able to stand up, had a few teeth and just looked even more so like him. She was beautiful. "Right, come on madam," I cooed, picking her up as she held out her arms for me. "Aaahhh there we are. We're off to see dadda, he's coming home today!"

I smiled as Jasey clapped her hands and squealed. I guess she understood kind of what I was saying. It was probably the dadda part. I just hoped she didn't pick up on any of the language from that DVD. I carried her outside and settled her in the car. I would have walked because it was such a nice day, but it was like 7:30.  I was too tired. I know it's not that early...but I'm still young. I like sleep. And Jasey was a handful. 

We reached the airport, but we were running late. So when we finally got there, Alex was the only one outside, sat on his suitcases. He looked up and saw me, and a huge smile was instantly painted onto his face. He ran towards the car, absentmindedly dragging his cases with him, and no sooner had I got out the car than his arms were around me and our lips connected. "Dammit, I missed you so fucking much," he said as he hungrily attacked my lips again.

I giggled. "Alex! Jasey's only in the car!"

"Well you're the one who let her watch Straight To DVD. That's just as bad! It is me after all, you let her watch her dad saying all that stuff, why not let her hear it from the horses mouth?"

"Because I don't want her to grow up getting detention every class."

Alex smiled. "I didn't get detention EVERY class...only some of them..." That did kinda make me laugh. "Come on, let's go home, and I can have some good old fashioned family time with you two." And that statement would have been absolutely innocent, if he hadn't winked at me afterwards. Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be complaining.

We got in, and rather than him unpacking, he went straight to let the dogs, then came back to me to take Jasey. She made some sort of happy noise once he took her and snuggled close.

"Oh baby, I missed you so much! You have no idea! Oh sweetie, you've gotten so big! And you have teeth! Ah who's a big girl eh?" he carried on like that, rocking her where he stood and snuggling her close. 

She tangled her fists in his hair. "Dadda! Dadda! Dadda!" Jasey repeated. I smiled as Alex pulled back a little and stared at her. This was the first time he'd heard it in person. I had to chuckle at his happiness. 

"Oh baby, I love you so much! Daddy's back, and you are not leaving my sight today!" Alex continued to hug her, and eventually sat on the couch and let the dogs jump up too.  It was a happy moment. At times like these, I tended to just catch myself staring. He really was good with Jasey. He was a good dad. I wish I'd had as good a dad as him, rather than one who decided to beat me every morning. But then I had my grandparents. And as soon as I'd let it slip, they'd made sure to get me out of that house, won custody, and prevented my parents from getting close to me. They were my parents, really. And I loved them so much. I missed them. I'd told Alex once, and he'd held me and sung to me till I cried myself to sleep. That was before Jasey was here, before we were together. He really was so different to how he acted on stage.

Later that day we went out for a walk and stopped by at the coffee shop I worked at for a cake. We let Jasey have a donut but cut it up into small pieces. It was a mistake, because her fingers got all sticky from the jam and then she got it all over Alex's shirt. When I laughed, she turned her attention to me and got my hair all sticky from it.

We were gonna head to the pool but Jasey fell asleep, so one of us would have had to stayed on the side with her, so there really was no point. We just went back home, settled Jasey down and sat in the living room. 

"So...did you read the message I left you?" Alex asked me after we'd sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each others company.

"Yeah...and I've officially moved into your room," I said, giving him a quick kiss.

"Good. And what about my questions? You wanna answer them for me?"

"Well...my last name is Winters, but I never really liked to tell people because it's just a constant reminder of my parents."

Alex smiled. "It suits you...that name. But I like Erin Gaskarth better."

I raised my eyebrows. "Does this mean you're actually gonna ask me sometime soon?"

Alex chuckled. "Almost, I got it all planned out. Not long now...just be patient. Although I do understand how you find me so irresistible," he winked.

I shoved him a little. "Alex, one day that ego is gonna go to your head...oh wait..." I trailed off.

"Oh shut up. You know you love me really." I smiled. Couldn't deny that. "And my second question...when's your birthday? It's been like over a year we've known each other and been living together...so I know I've missed it. Fuck, I don't even know how old you are!"

"I'm 23. My 22nd was the day after I met you. The concert was like my birthday treat to myself. And obviously my 23rd was the January just gone."

"So the 28th of January?" You could see him trying to figure the dates out.

I laughed and nodded. "You remembered the date we met?"

He nodded. "Of course, it was one of the best nights of my life. My birthday being the best...I can't believe I missed two of yours. I'm a horrible person."

"No you're not. I just never really liked celebrating it. Bad things always used to happen." I looked down and played with the hem of my shorts. 

Alex's finger lifted my chin up. "Hey, I'm gonna make your next birthday the best birthday you ever had, okay? I promise."

I smiled at him. "You don't have to. You already gave me the best Christmas I've ever had. That was more than enough."

"No! You will have a birthday and you will enjoy it!"

You had to love his enthusiasm. "Okay then...hey, when do I get to hear the song you wrote me?"

"You wanna hear it now?" I nodded. "Okay then. Two minutes." He cam back with his guitar. 

"I had all but given up on finding
The one that I could fall into
On the day before you
I was ready to settle for
Less than love and not much more
There was no such thing as a dream come true
Oh, but that was all the day before you

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

In your eyes I see forever
Makes me wish that my life never knew
The day before you

Oh, but Heaven knows those years without you
Were shaping my heart for the that day I found you
If you're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

Was the last day that I ever needed alone
And I'm never going back
No I'm never going back

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
No I'm never going back
I will never have to go back to
The day before you"

I smiled at him when he finished. "Hey, Alex, don't ever release it okay?"

He looked confused. And a little hurt. "Why not? Don't you like it?"

"No! I love it! I just...I want it to stay between us. That way it's all mine. It's nice to have a few happy secrets."

Alex smiled at me. "Sure, but the next song I write for you or about you or whatever, it's going on the record, okay?"

I kissed him for an answer, and he lead me to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the song is called the day before you by rascal flatts, and after all time low, they're my favourite band! Seriously, they are awesome. Their lyrics make me cry way to often :') I'd suggest you all go listen to Sara Beth, Ellsworth, No Reins, Feels Like Today, Stand, Here Comes Goodbye....just any of their songs!!!! They are beautiful! I think I'm just gonna do one more chapter on this and them an epilogue. Should be finished for you his tomorrow! :) hope you've enjoyed it! I know it's been a soppy one but hey! The next one, if you want will have a little more drama in it, but I really don't wanna make Alex out to be a cheat because in my opinion there are already enough fanfics that do that...they're good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I'm just like...does he have to cheat all the time? Idk. Hope you enjoyed it anyways!