Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 31

ALEX'S POV

Today was Jasey Rae's first birthday. 4th of July. I couldn't believe it. It seemed like only yesterday she was fighting for her life. I was stood in the nursery, just watching my beautiful little girl sleep. She was everything to me. Well, her and Erin. Erin.

I smiled to myself. I don't know how she'd done it. How she'd managed to make me this happy, but she had. I loved that girl. Something told me I always had. I wish I could have met her so much sooner than I did, because I honestly don't know what my life was before her. That was what had inspired the song I wrote for her. I'd written others, but I liked that the best.

I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist. Erin rested her head in my back. "Alex, come back to bed, Jasey will still be here in the morning," she mumbled, probably still half asleep herself. It was like two in the morning.

"I know, just give me another minute," I said, and turned around to kiss her forehead.

"Okay," Erin sighed and went back to our room. 

I turned my attention back to the sleeping Jasey. "Oh Jasey. You're so beautiful. You've got so much ahead of you, so much to live for. Don't waste it. Please, never waste any of your years. Don't make mistakes I did, just be happy. Don't be afraid to tell us you want to do something else. Never pretend to be something else just to make other people happy. I don't think I could live with myself if you did that. Have the courage to love as much as you can, and if anyone breaks your heart, I'll be here. Always. You can always cry to me, always talk to me. And your mom, she'd say exactly the same. Take hold of your life, live your dreams. Never have any regrets. Don't let anyone tell you you're not worth it, that you're something less than what you ought to be, because whoever you become, no matter what mistakes you make or when you're wrong, it's all part of learning and growing up, and I just know you'll be perfect, to me at least. Don't you dare let anyone tell you any different. I love you Jasey, and I'll see you in the morning. Happy birthday beautiful." And then there was nothing left to say, so I kisser her cheek and went back to bed. I was one lucky guy.

ERIN'S POV

We'd had our little party for Jasey at Alex's parents house, and at seven, we headed out for the fireworks display on the beach. Jasey was gonna stay with us until eight, but then Alex's parents were having her for the night. Apparently independence day fireworks on the beach was also mine and Alex's special date. So the first hour, Jasey sat clapping at the pretty lights, and she even walked a little. Only a couple of feet or so, but she was still walking! It was nice, her having her birthday on independence day, seeing her first fireworks and walking. If I was her I'd be exhausted! I kinda got the idea she was when she started to fall asleep on my lap. 

Mr and Mrs Gaskarth took Jasey and Alex and I had the rest of the night to ourselves. Well, almost. All Time Low had a set to do on the beach, which lasted until like ten. But after that, we had the night to ourselves. 

We stayed on the beach after everyone had left, so by nine it was pretty much deserted. We walked hand in hand down the beach, where the tide came and washed our footprints away. "May I say, you are looking exceptionally beautiful tonight young lady," Alex said to me with a sideways smile.

"Well thank you kind sir. I would return the compliment, but I know you're only saying it to get in my pants..." I winked. 

He let out a small laugh, a quiet, soft laugh. Then he stopped us walking and turned me to face the stars. "See that sky?" I nodded. "Right, well, do you know which star you saw first?" Again, I nodded. "Okay, make a wish on it."

"Alex, are you serious? Wishing on stars? Isn't that just for kids? Come on, it's in the world of Disney!" I rolled my eyes. 

"Just trust me. It all depends on what you wish for. Because surprisingly, some dreams do come true." 

I gave in and sighed. I closed my eyes and wished for the one thing I knew I absolutely wanted. I opened my eyes, and Alex was kneeling in front of me, on one knee. His smile was dazzling.

"Erin, I love you with all my heart. And I really don't know what else to say, because I don't think there is anything else to say. You already made me the happiest guy in the world by staying with me and giving me Jasey. So I know this is just greedy to ask, but do you wanna do me on emote huge favour and agree to marry me? Please?"

I smiled at him. "How could I say no?"

Alex remained where he was, but the look of pure adoration in his face told me that he'd got what he wanted, and to some extent, my wish had come true. 

Next, he slid a ring on my finger. It was silver with a peridot stone. It wasn't my birthstone, but he knew it was still my favourite. The ring was beautiful and elegant and simple and it was exactly me. This time the ring went on my left hand, on the third finger.

"Did you get what you wished for then?" Alex asked me, as he started to find his footing to get up.

I thought about it a little more, smiled and answered "yes, I think I did," and then the waves became erratic and soaked my fiancé. The look of surprise on his face made my night. You just had to laugh at him. Alex was so cute at times. Who am I kidding, at times? It was ALL the freaking time!

I pulled him up and we ran back to the car as it started to rain. Seriously? It chooses tonight of all nights to rain? Why? But to be honest, I didn't care, I was in too good of a mood to be care. 

We turned the heater up as high as we could and just sat there shivering, but trying to warm each other up. "Hey, Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for finally asking me. You're mom is going to be thrilled she can buy a new outfit," I joked.

Alex smiled at me, and gave me a sweet kiss, which ended too soon. "Oh come on, it's hardly a surprise. You knew I was gonna ask you anyway, now I can actually look forward to calling you Mrs Gaskarth."

"You're last name makes me sound old..."

"Well you are getting on a bit..." Yeah, that earned him a death stare. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! You look as you g as the day I first laid eyes on you! Damn, I hope you like cakes and cookies and pies, because my mom is gonna make so much to celebrate the engagement, let alone the wedding...you my friend have made her a very happy woman." I laughed at Alex's logic.

"Well she may need to bake for another occasion."

"What?" I bit my lip and let him suffer a moment of anxiety before telling him the news I've wanted to tell him all week.

"You know how we've been trying for another kid? Well...we may need to keep hold of some of Jasey's baby stuff for a little while longer. There's another Gaskarth on its way."

Alex just grabbed me and kissed me thoroughly but sweetly. Today had been a good day. And it was only the beginning of the rest of our lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the next chapter will be the last! I know this has been a mushy one, so maybe I'll make the next story I do a little more...dramatic? Hopefully either way Alex will like it :') (not alex gaskarth, my hustler friend alex, shes awesome. You should go love her) thank you everyone for reading! I love you guys so fucking much! Comment and let me know what you think!!!